• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I lower the minimum life rating?

I'm trying to colonize but I can't since the minimum life rating (Whatever... life rating says it has to be 15) is 5 points too high:mad: I've researched machine guns but what else can I do?

But what more than machine guns and medicin? cant find anything else :(

Nationalism & Imperialism Tech in the culture tech tree

And I misspoke before, it is just the 3

Medicine - drops min life rating by 5
Machine guns - drops min life rating by 10
nationalism & imperialism - drops life rating down by 10

with those 3 you can colonize any province with a LR of 10 or more, which is all provinces currently uncolonized.

I still cannot colonize as Belgium with level 3 naval bases and the requesite techs. The option is greyed out of the available provinces and it reads 154/300 (the 154 is in green and the 300 is in yellow)

No other information is given and no explanation is apparent. I must be missing something.

I still cannot colonize as Belgium with level 3 naval bases and the requesite techs. The option is greyed out of the available provinces and it reads 154/300 (the 154 is in green and the 300 is in yellow)

No other information is given and no explanation is apparent. I must be missing something.
Is there a tool-tip for the national focus box of the province you're trying to colonize? Are you currently using all of your national focus points?

The national focus box for colonize is greyed out in any of my home regions. However, when I think about it, I only tried to select colonize as a national focus in my home regions once it was free... are you suggesting I free up my NF and try to select it in the colony? ( I didnt try this because I didnt consider the colonial possesion mine).

The national focus box for colonize is greyed out in any of my home regions. However, when I think about it, I only tried to select colonize as a national focus in my home regions once it was free... are you suggesting I free up my NF and try to select it in the colony? ( I didnt try this because I didnt consider the colonial possesion mine).
Yes, have at least one national focus point available and use it on an uncolonized province.

I am in fact a fool... NF must be set in the colony you choose and not in the home region. Thanks

Quick question, how can one have more than one national focus? So I can stimulatory colonize more than region at a time so its can be set as I the greedy little johnny instead of the British.

Quick question, how can one have more than one national focus? So I can stimulatory colonize more than region at a time so its can be set as I the greedy little johnny instead of the British.
Which country are you playing? There are two limitations on the number of national focus points available to a country: population with state culture (1 point per million people) and technology (certain technologies in the culture section give you an extra national focus point). You are restricted to the lower of the two numbers, so researching more technology will not immediately add to the number of available national focus points if you lack a sufficient population, and increasing your population will not immediately add to the number of available national focus points if you haven't researched enough of the right technologies.

At the top of the screen, in the Population box, it displays your national focus in green. That number has a tool-tip showing your current limitations on national focus points from population and technology.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.