+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Life Rating Tech for Colonization?

Life Rating Tech for Colonization?

Welp, last resort, the forums. Playing as Argentina, I cannot figure out how to colonize the rest of Patagonia. I'm a secondary power, I have a national focus to use, but the game says my tech isn't good enough to colonize provinces with such a low life rating. So I went through the tech tree trying to find which one improves this ability, but I can't find it.

So... How does one lower the required life rating to colonize a province?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by KingPenguin View Post
    Welp, last resort, the forums. Playing as Argentina, I cannot figure out how to colonize the rest of Patagonia. I'm a secondary power, I have a national focus to use, but the game says my tech isn't good enough to colonize provinces with such a low life rating. So I went through the tech tree trying to find which one improves this ability, but I can't find it.

So... How does one lower the required life rating to colonize a province?
    This is listed in the Strategy Guide's Technology chapter (or is it the Colonisation chapter?). One or the other.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=491140

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

I was downloading it at the time, should've waited until after I read it.

If anyone else was similarly clueless, the answers are Machine Gun, Nationalism & Imperialism, and Chemistry & Electricity.

I believe this also means that the earliest you can colonize is 1870. (Machine guns requirement - 1870)

+ Reply to Thread