+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Repairing ships?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

Repairing ships?

Can ships be repaired? I had some clippers sitting in a port for a couple of years, but they remained at the same damage level.
    I want to be more like the person my dog thinks I am

High on Political Consensus walrus's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by aramael View Post
    Can ships be repaired? I had some clippers sitting in a port for a couple of years, but they remained at the same damage level.
    Apparantly they can, I had some very damaged ships that eventually repaired themselves, but it took a very long time.

Try docking them in actual naval bases, rather than just any old port.
    Ask me about Anarcho-Stalinism!

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Apparantly they can, I had some very damaged ships that eventually repaired themselves, but it took a very long time.

Try docking them in actual naval bases, rather than just any old port.
    Ah, thanks, I wondered about that. I can't build naval ports yet (the beta AARs convinced me to start with Japan, and I'm having an absolute blast), but I'll just slow down on the naval adventurism for now.

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    Paradoxian Order - 2015

Yeah, they need to be in naval bases. It's a bit odd for JAP, but you could try getting military access from Spain, they have a naval base in Manilla. I think ships can repair in other nation's bases. UK might have bases in the area too.
    Relentless madman.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    Yeah, they need to be in naval bases. It's a bit odd for JAP, but you could try getting military access from Spain, they have a naval base in Manilla. I think ships can repair in other nation's bases. UK might have bases in the area too.
    The Empire of Japan relying on foreign barbarians for repairs to her mighty fleet? I think not!

Post-Nelsonian research, a naval yard is being built in Yokohama even as we speak. Write. Read. Wakarimasen.

Thanks for the advice!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

I could repair my ships in the Spanish naval bases when we were allied and they were in my SOI at least.
    "If you hear the people you'll never have to fear the people"

+ Reply to Thread