+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod guide: How to create a new country

Cascadia!

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some help. I've followed the guide exactly, or at least I thought exactly, but I'm running to a problem. Every time I load the game up with the mod loaded via JSGME the game crashes at the processing flags/loading flags. Tried everything I could think of but I'm an amateur at this. Any thoughts? I've uploaded my mod files here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RGR7HOG1

Thanks!
    Brandon

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'll look it over here to see if I can find your problem.
    EUIII: DW Mods
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I seem to be having a small bit of trouble dling the file from your current location.
    Upload it to fileplanet, here to the forums, or somewhere else.
    EUIII: DW Mods
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Hey, thanks for you help! Wasn't sure how to upload here, so I have it on Fileplanet: http://www.fileplanet.com/216698/210...I-Cascadia-Mod

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

I'm lost about this flag part.

Is it so I can only get my countries flag to work if I delete another nations flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Dgatsby View Post
    Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some help. I've followed the guide exactly, or at least I thought exactly, but I'm running to a problem. Every time I load the game up with the mod loaded via JSGME the game crashes at the processing flags/loading flags. Tried everything I could think of but I'm an amateur at this. Any thoughts? I've uploaded my mod files here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RGR7HOG1

Thanks!
    Brandon
    I had the same problem. Turned out to have nothing to do with flags at all; I didn't have my province files in the right section (they were in in history/provinces, not history/provinces/(region here))

Hey thanks Palfouri! That solved the problem exactly! I would have never thought to look there, it certainly seemed like a flag problem.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband

I'm thinking about creating Arabia as a national unification. I think I could pull of the decision to do it since I could just reuse the code for the other ones, but I'm not sure if I would need to do all these history files for the country.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Hey, can someone tell me how to change the colors of new nations? I am toying iwth a Napoleonic mod, and for some reason two adjacent nations have the same color.
    I am therefore officially rooting for a Franco-German strike on Russia, prompting the Soviets to strike back with their hitherto secret nukes. This will serve as a salutary lesson to all involved and leave everyone suitably chastened.-El Pip

Great War: The American Front: Can the United States defeat Britain and its Confederate Lackeys? Or will the CSA defend its freedom against the Yankee Menace?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Incidentally, how can I go about adding alternative names for a nation? I know hat Russia becomes the Soviet Union...
    I am therefore officially rooting for a Franco-German strike on Russia, prompting the Soviets to strike back with their hitherto secret nukes. This will serve as a salutary lesson to all involved and leave everyone suitably chastened.-El Pip

Great War: The American Front: Can the United States defeat Britain and its Confederate Lackeys? Or will the CSA defend its freedom against the Yankee Menace?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Hmm, i must have done something wrong, my country only shows up as some uncolonised provinces.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

What would happen if I were to just add the nations in, as if they were like the other nations?

What bad would come of it?

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius Rex View Post
    I'm thinking about creating Arabia as a national unification. I think I could pull of the decision to do it since I could just reuse the code for the other ones, but I'm not sure if I would need to do all these history files for the country.
    I've been trying to do exactly the same thing atm.
    The problem for me was that when I adjusted the Localisation file to include "ARB;Arabia;Arabia;Arabia;Arabia;;;;;;;;x" it moved all the text up one, which messed up all the text in the whole game. The wrong words appeared everywhere.
    1 Clerk
    Nationality: Australian
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Social Liberalism
    Issues: Interventionism/Secularism
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: Low
    Revolt Risk: .02%
    Militancy: 0.5 (+.005)
    Conciousness: 26

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

i want to create a new country but not show it up at the start of the game. i want to make it independence later in the game. what do i not have to do and what extra?
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

Quote Originally Posted by Faeelin View Post
    Hey, can someone tell me how to change the colors of new nations? I am toying iwth a Napoleonic mod, and for some reason two adjacent nations have the same color.
    This is actually pretty simple: The first line of every .txt file in the "\common\countries"-folder looks like this:

color = { 84 96 136 }

edit as you wish.

Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2

It only shows the tags in my game and I don't know whether it was mod-related or not, but after the last loading screen (the one with the train) the map did not appear, the picture just stayed the same but I had this hand. Did this happen to anyone else?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

ok i have created Ireland Scottland and a bunch of countries in India, but how do I create an alliance. So suppose I want to make Scottland and Ireland allies from the start what would I do.

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Look, I understand how to make a country, but how do you mod in parties for your country? And is there an easy way to convert flags to tga?

HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV

i'm terrible and modding and files, if anyone could make and then PM me the Republic of western Australia then i'd be eternally grateful and won't troll a single thread for the rest of the year.

if someone really wanted to be nice and help a friend then they could split Australia into it's 6 separate states. but that's only if they really wanted to.

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by UFOash View Post
    What would happen if I were to just add the nations in, as if they were like the other nations?

What bad would come of it?
    Question echoed.

Also, is there something to tell you what colours are in code?
    On Western Australia, I can mod in province ownership, but not the flag.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast