• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kingman

Major
66 Badges
Mar 15, 2008
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
I Just started a game as portugal and my capitalists dont have any factories being build because they arent earning much money and they arent earning much money because they arent getting any income from factorys:wacko:

Any way to get around this?

Well, you could try getting new Capies...
Basically, get your Middle Class rich by lowering taxes, then lower the tax on the Rich class so it's more profitable for the Middle classes to promote to Capies

Mind you, I'm no expert, but that's what I gather should work.. Having the Rich class with 0% tax and 0% tariff should also help, and even going -% tariff to help them buy stuff easier :)

I Just started a game as portugal and my capitalists dont have any factories being build because they arent earning much money and they arent earning much money because they arent getting any income from factorys:wacko:

You can try subsidizing single factories or the whole economy through tariffs.

Well i did one thing, i chnged the ruling poarty to reactonary (i think) and started building on my own!

It hurted my economy at first but when they where finished i had such a boom in my economy that i started building trains all over the place:rofl:

My first factory was a cement factory and at times it has over 30~40 of profit!!!

For the past months i have had a good profit every month and i have all slider at max in expense and only poor people pay taxes :), depite this some stioll get luxury needs so, yay for me:D

Althogh now i have a huge treasuary and a huge national bank(over 30k just from sao tomé:rofl: let alone the reast that ammount to a grande total of 65k)

Still i have a few question (first time playing any victoria game for that manner) so forgive if these are a bit of a noobish thingy :p

What does literacy do exactly? I know it speeds research but how so?

What do artisans do?

What do aristocrats do?

So i need more population, any way to increase people that you would recomend?

Do pops first sell their good on the national trade, then sphere of influence and the wolrd market?

Now that i have a huge treasuary and a huge national bank, would u recommend building up factories even more? I still need population and expecially craftsman so a good idea would be to use national focus to promote them?

How many national focus can one use at the same time?

Does your home contry get any immigrattion from outside or from your colonys?

If i buy an upgrade, that money u pay upfront where does it go to?

If i have further questions ill ask, and thanks for all the help! MY economy is more or less going in its way but i have a huge treasuary that cant be used because of the low population:rofl:

Low tariffs and taxes allow for more of your POPs to deposit savings in the bank and thus allow the capitalists to use that as capital to start a project. You're best to have low taxes and tariffs if you want them to build, as it allows them to have more money to invest.

Increasing their number can also help: National Focus more capitalists. Of course, having a higher administration efficiency will speed up promotion to all sorts of other types of POPs, so maybe start off with NF-ing bureaucrats to bump up the administration efficiency whilst your capitalists slowly build up their revenue.