• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gamefront link for the E3 map is dead (they say they have the file but it errors out once you actually try to download it).

Made a test download one hour ago and everything is working fine. Maybe you'd simply try again? ;)

Hello,

i searching for prov1835, Nikolayevsk, is that a Ghost.

Good catch! :)

The province was hidden inside of Rome and is now a sea province which is no longer owned by SOV...

Files needed for playing (vanilla) AOD with the E3 map:

Hint: please check regularly if parts of this package have been updated. Several files, especially the scenario files, have been massively improved in the meantime. When a new patch is released we'll try to include all its changes in the next updates. We'll keep you informed and will upload from time to time the updated files. Don't miss our updates. ;)

Recommended installation sequence:

step 1:
fresh vanilla AOD install

step 2:
install the E3 map files (E3 map v0.5)
E3 map v0.5a.rar (gamefront)

step 3:
install the latest AOD patch (v1.08)

step 3a:
The ai sub-directory of vanilla AOD has more ai files than are used - and overwritten - by this mod. To avoid ai conflicts or odd behaviour of newly released nations it seems useful to delete all files inside the ai sub-directory; files inside of its switch sub-directory are overwritten by this mod.

step 4:
install the complete package of AOD v1.08 files for the E3 map -- Released December 22, 2012
E3 map-AODv1.08.rar (gamefront)

The adapted files will allow you to play vanilla AOD v1.08 combined with the E3 map. Events should work as usual. Although the adaptation of the ai files is now done don't be shocked if you see sometimes odd ai behaviour. Please report such bugs here in this thread.

IC and resources should now be like "vanilla" but aren't always historically correct. Infra, too. We have checked the terrain, infra or climate of many provinces but some are still questionable. If you spot some oddities please post here. These are the last and final points on my (once fairly large) to-do list. But be aware that checking and fixing the province.csv file is an on-going process which will take its time.

The download also includes

* my expanded hotkeys for AOD,
* the revised and expanded armynames/navynames/airnames XXL and
* my new revised set of unitnames for AUS, DDR, DFR and GER (beta version, not finished yet).

(This random event is a first attempt to solve this imbalance temporarily. It works for all playable nations if they fulfill the necessary conditions. But be warned: any injection of resources into the game will make it even easier for you to get huge stockpiles by trading. Please report here if the ai nations are in spite of this event in decline.

step 5: AOD/E3: temporary resources fix (JSGME-ready)
If you're using the complete package of AOD v1.08 files for the E3 map please don't use this fix atm. We need some play-testing feedback how the re-distributed IC & resources influence the game.)

SMEP conversion for E3 map:

All those of you who are interested in experiencing the E3 map and the SMEP mod for AOD might look here and may find that their wishes have come true.
Links don't work for me, can you upload somewhere else please? ( www.mediafire.com for example)

Hm, I waited so long to post again in this sub-section of the ADO forum that I simply missed its re-opening... :mad:

Is anyone still working on adapting the newest version of the E3 map to AOD?

Tbh, I haven't been following closely how far mumia has got finishing his map and polishing the map files in the meantime. Beginning the adaptation of his revised E3 map can (should!) only be done once all the work is finished. This does not mean I'm planning to do such an adaptation.

Adapting the revolters and the scenario files to the enlarged map is the easiest part, changing (and expanding) province ids in the event files is boring but still easily done. Making the AI understand the new map is the major part of the adaptation. If you look more closely at my E3 ai files you'll see that I've fully reworked and expanded - by 're-mapping' the entire coastline - that part of the vanilla ai files. Reworking and defining the areas of operation for ai navies is another part which has to be done carefully. It might be worth waiting until mumia has added some revised ai files so that this work hasn't to be done twice.

Reactions:
Links don't work for me, can you upload somewhere else please? ( www.mediafire.com for example)
Sorry, missed your post. I was simply to busy working on my hotfix for VIPR to spend time reading the forums. :oops:

Links don't work for me. too. Can i use it?

The download vanished. :(

I've re-uploaded the archive with the adapted E3 map files for AOD v1.08. (download links in post 3)

Atm there is no version for the recent AOD v1.09 comunity patch. Given my fairly limited spare time finishing the hotfix for VIP:R 0.4 has top priority for me.

The download is temporarily unavailable.
quoting wikipedia
"On April 14th, 2016, GameFront announced that the site would be shutting down on April 30th, 2016."

I'm looking for a new home for my mods, preferably a site which is easy to use and also willing to honour privacy.

I'm looking for a new home for my mods, preferably a site which is easy to use and also willing to honour privacy.
Quoting Wikipedia again, „The GameFront file service was later recreated,“ which links here. Does this work?

Quoting Wikipedia again, „The GameFront file service was later recreated,“ which links here. Does this work?

Yep, I've seen that, too. Sadly, you can't no longer log in which means you don't have full control over your uploaded files, i.e. you can't delete a file when you've uploaded an updated file. And since they've some restrictions for several nations (geo-blocking), it seems better to finally make the move.

Update:

This mod will be unavailable for the next months. I've decided to re-work and re-organise the E3 map files to simplify the installation of the mod. Then the download will also include the JSGME.exe and will be fully JSGME-ready. I'm also thinking about how I'd fully utilise the new functions added by Zsar1. He has some interesting ideas and I hope that he won't lose steam once HOI4 has been released.

Well, I used Dropbox when I was working on CW! and CC!, you can manage your uploaded files there just fine.

Well, I used Dropbox when I was working on CW! and CC!, you can manage your uploaded files there just fine.

I'd been thinking about that, Google Drive and OneDrive, too. For future modding projects it'll be a good alternative thanks to its advanced features. It's good to know that it's easy to use. Thanks!

Hey, just curious mate. Will you be making any alterations to the map at this point?