• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kazmir

Keeping the ship on course
56 Badges
Aug 10, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Imperator: Rome
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
I have a screenshots folder inside my V2 folder, but its empty although I've taken dozens of shots by now (yes, I get the "screenshot taken" message in game). Where could they have disappeared?

I have windows 7 if that's any help (ie. saves them to some obscure location :p).

EDIT: Hmm... my savegames folder is also empty, yet I can load saves in the game...

Your virtual store: "<you username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\". From there follow the normal directory and it will be in a "Screenshots" folder. Note that the "AppData" folder could be hidden (change properties to display hidden folders and files), and the "Program Files" folder could be "Program Files(x#)" where # is a number - mine is 86, others have said 64 (not really sure what the number is about?).

This happens on Windows Vista and Windows 7 when UAC is activated and you install in the Program Files folder. For that reason, it's better to install in a separate "Games" folder, i.e. C:\Games.

In your save folder is a button called "Compatibility Files". Click it.

compatibiltyfiles1%5B4%5D.png

Hmm I see, thanks for the quick replies!

Is there any way to turn this UAC (whatever it is) off or something so the screenshots would be saved to the "original" folder in the future?

Hmm I see, thanks for the quick replies!

Is there any way to turn this UAC (whatever it is) off or something so the screenshots would be saved to the "original" folder in the future?

Yes, see what Palisadoes wrote in his post.

This happens on Windows Vista and Windows 7 when UAC is activated and you install in the Program Files folder. For that reason, it's better to install in a separate "Games" folder, i.e. C:\Games.

Apologies for necroposting, but I just got the game a week ago and I'm having the exact same issue, only there's no compatibility files option in the Screenshots folder in the main directory, and no Screenshot folder at all in the Vicky2 directory under app data. Save games don't have this problem and function as you guys describe here. Any idea where the heck my screens and maps are going? Thanks.

Apologies for necroposting, but I just got the game a week ago and I'm having the exact same issue, only there's no compatibility files option in the Screenshots folder in the main directory, and no Screenshot folder at all in the Vicky2 directory under app data. Save games don't have this problem and function as you guys describe here. Any idea where the heck my screens and maps are going? Thanks.

Try looking under My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Vic II?