• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(59878)

Second Lieutenant
Aug 14, 2006
You're not forced to use them so don't complain about them! ;) if you don't want to see the cheats just hurry up and get the **** out of here (^^ joke mode on)

List of cheats: (thanks to podcat)

cash
prestige (v1.2)
leadership
goods <amount or default 10000> - for stockpile. also gives money
plurality <number> - set country plurality
instantconstruction - buildings finish in one day
instantresearch - research finish in one day
yesmen (v1.2) ai always responds favorably (to each other also)

modding/debugging help:
tag - change country
revolt <province id> - rebels rise
reload <filename> - reload interface files when modding, works with other things too like defines etc
reloadfx <effectname> - when modding shaders. (reloadfx map reloads all the map shaders)
reloadtexture <name> - reload texture for modding without restarting
event <id> trigger event with id

1.3 new cheats:

I found 2 new cheats:

no_pop_update: ?
rand_log: ?

Don't know if they do something but the console cheat accept both of them.

Last edited:
Would be nice if someone at paradox would release a full list of all the console commands currently supported. They're often pretty useful for testing out mods and events.

how do you open the console?

is it the same as vic1? (f12)

also i assume cheats are not activated in demo mode

I was hoping someone would create this thread before I would. I am thinking of making my first mod and I need cheats so I can test.

LOL, I was hoping someone would create this thread. I was considering starting one :)

It guess the question that is most important to me, how do you open up the console?

To open console try: Alt+21
if that doesn't work then good luck. I have a feeling it is disabled in the demo, if that is where you are trying.

yes i assumed so. Does anyone know if there is a way to activate it?

confirmed that I have tried all conventenal ways of opening the concole and it is disabled in the demo.

Cont understand why they would though

tag x
cash
goods
inr (instant research)-- be careful with that one as everyone gets it. I had China westernize one game and stomp my butt. Embarrassing.

debug yesmen -- the AI things everything you say is awesome