• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a US international keyboard layout loaded onto my PC and it does work. Are you sure you have the right keyboard layout?

yes i have just checked and it is united states-international, but i am using a laptop without num. pad will it be problem?

i am still can not bring down the console, anyone can help? i am using alienware laptop with us international keyboard. :mad:

Left alt 2 1 (on the numpad) -- works for any layout as long as you have ASCII (not Arab or some other weird alphabet)
Let alt 0 1 6 7 (numpad) -- should even work for non-ASCII layouts
AltGr (right alt) shift s -- works for the US International Layout.

yes i have just checked and it is united states-international, but i am using a laptop without num. pad will it be problem?

No, that should not be a problem at all. Now here is a handy picture of the US internationl keyboard layout

400px-KB_US-International.svg.png

As you can see there is the § symbol on the S key. It is definately Altgr + Shift + S

What about research points? No cheat?

You don't need more research points; you can just simply type in instantresearch or if you are lazy: inr. You'll have the selected tech in one day. This will work for EVERY country, so you might want to turn it off immediately after getting the tech/s you want. Just type in inr again and it's back to normal.

Argh, was afraid of that. That key just isn't on a US keyboard layout (as we also use in NL), so I'll need to remap it again on my laptop :(
Thanks for the info though.

Once again: --> ` <-- This key, standard on all US/English keyboards opens the console. This is the key to the left of 1 and above tab.