• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Moving characters around seems to work out fairly easily.

Only question I have now is whether it is possible to add a claim to a character, and if so how? For instance Rickon has a claim on Winterfell, but Tyrion does not have one on Casterly Rock. Yet at least at first glance the entries for the characters in the save file don't appear to have a major difference that would account for this.

Moving characters around seems to work out fairly easily.

Only question I have now is whether it is possible to add a claim to a character, and if so how? For instance Rickon has a claim on Winterfell, but Tyrion does not have one on Casterly Rock. Yet at least at first glance the entries for the characters in the save file don't appear to have a major difference that would account for this.

It's possible :) again easiest is to edit save game files.

search (ctrl+f) for the title you want by it's tag (you can find them in world_names as mentioned before)

till you find something like this:

title = {
tag = C139
tier = county
liege = ICEL
holder = { character = { type = 10 id = 1137 } startdate = { year = 1101 month = january day = 10 } }
claim = { id = { type = 14712 id = 10072 } character = { type = 10 id = 2496 } date = { year = 1098 month = december day = 25 } }
claim = { id = { type = 4712 id = 3675 } character = { type = 10 id = 139 } date = { year = 1101 month = january day = 6 } }
}

the tag is meant to name the Title. Here you can see who holds it and who has a claim on it.
If you want to add a claim just copy a claim from other title under the tag of the title you want. But do not forget to edit the Character info so that the character you want gets the claim.

for instance if I would want to add the claim to Tyrion (search his ID, in my save file its 5190) in my save file for tag =c139 it would change into:

title = {
tag = C139
tier = county
liege = ICEL
holder = { character = { type = 10 id = 1137 } startdate = { year = 1101 month = january day = 10 } }
claim = { id = { type = 14712 id = 10072 } character = { type = 10 id = 2496 } date = { year = 1098 month = december day = 25 } }
claim = { id = { type = 4712 id = 3675 } character = { type = 10 id = 139 } date = { year = 1101 month = january day = 6 } }
claim = { id = { type = 4712 id = 3676 } character = { type = 10 id = 5190 } date = { year = 1101 month = january day = 6 } }
}

bolded the changes
also do not forget to give the claim an unique id. to be sure it's unique just search for id = 3676 and if you find anything try another number :)

this should work. let me know if it does ;)

I have a clean install and DV patch but can not get this mod to run. The screen freezes and has to be closed via task manager as soon as I press start game. I also have a bunch of kingdoms to select from that shouldnt be on there (poland,nubia, etc) is there a file I am missing or need to delete? I am not getting an error message when it freezes.

I have a clean install and DV patch but can not get this mod to run. The screen freezes and has to be closed via task manager as soon as I press start game. I also have a bunch of kingdoms to select from that shouldnt be on there (poland,nubia, etc) is there a file I am missing or need to delete? I am not getting an error message when it freezes.

Do you have Crusader Kings, Crusader Kings Deus Vult expansion and latest beta installed?

CK and CK:DV are 2 games :)

the 2nd is an expansion

I have CK complete which included the DV expansion. It is all up to date with patches and betas. The game loads up and then freezes as soon as I press start game, the clock doesn't wind at all.

I have CK complete which included the DV expansion. It is all up to date with patches and betas. The game loads up and then freezes as soon as I press start game, the clock doesn't wind at all.

hmm weird. maybe its due to CK complete instead of CK + expansion + betas. but it shouldn't. have you tried windowed game?
make a shortlink to your exe but edit the goal into something like this "D:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\Crusaders.exe" WINDOW

otherwise I have no idea im sorry. it does work ok with vanilla game without any mods?

i find a little problem for event 30019 (Wildlings Return)
Wildings' ruler (CROA) is reborn as tiroshi culture (CROA is "southslavic" in country.csv) and old gods religion (orthodox - native religion for "southslavic")
If I change "southslavic" > "alan" then i have correct wilding culture but always drowned god religion (because "muslim" is native religion for "alan", and not exist cultures as native for "jewish")

Next event (40054) now doesn't work for reborned wildings (because "condition = { type = religion value = jewish }")

p.s in character_names.csv no exist names for southslavic therefore every new reborn ruler is "unnamed child" :eek:o

Last edited:
I am wondering if anyone has had this happen. Playing robert's rebellion, as the North. difficulty and Ai at lowest levels like recommended. Not long into the campaign, Robert, who was an ally, suddenly without cause, declares war on me. Funny, that really doesn't seem right. Thoughts?