• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Grell74

Captain
11 Badges
May 5, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sword of the Stars
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Westeros Mod for CV DV 2.1
[I will NOT be making a mod for CK 2 set in Westeros/Essos, reasons given on p10 of this thread]

Latest Version 3.01 Updated 06/11/11

Reworked the Portrait System and many other changes.

New Screenshots:
Screen23.png

Screen22.png

Screen21.png

I have created a complete conversion set in George R. R. Martin's Westeros.

There are two scenarios. Robert's Rebellion is set in AL 282 before Rhaegar was slain on the Trident. Predating the beginning of the books by roughly 12 years.
The Winds of Winter scenario is set in AL 300 after event in Game of Thrones.

3.01 Has expnded the map to include across the narrow sea, some more revisions to traits, events and characters (too many to list)
Can be downloaded from here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11490612#post11490612

This includes:
-A reworking of CK's DNA portrait system
-A new campaign map
-Family trees, relations, marriages and rivalries etc
-Awesome COA graphics created by J.E. Fullerton http://other-in-law.deviantart.com/
-Westeros historical accuracy
-Westeros specific events and revised traits

WARNING: This thread (mod too) contains spoliers!

Last edited:
This actually looks pretty damned good; well done!

Will give it a go sometime..

As this mod is very stable I am currently working on some more Westeros specific events and tidying up any family tree anomalies. I am also considering creating another scenario set in Westeros but in a different time period. Are there any particular requests?

A scenario set where the books are up to currently might not be ideal as there is only King Tommen, and other circumstance difficult to represent in CK (Stannis at the Wall, Devestated North, etc)

Pre Aegon’s War of Conquest I think might be preferable, as there are more Firstmen around and defined Andal Kingdoms:
King Iron Islands and Riverlands (Ironborn, with Harrenhal built)
King of the Storm Lands Argilac the Arrogant
King of the Rock King Loren Lannister
King of the Reach Mern Gardener
King of the North King Torrhen Stark
King of the Vale King Arryn
King of Dorne

Aegon's Landing and Dragons would be difficult to incorporate though (Mongol typpe emergin event maybe?)

Last edited:
Looks great. I'll be sure to give it a go.

The portraits look fantastic. Origins, aye? I take it they're not made out of various elements (noses, ears, eyes etc.) but rather a complete bust with hair, helms and armour as add-ons?

More suitable titles might be "Warden" in place of Duke and "Lord" in place of Count. I don't recall any Lord beneath the Wardens themselves having direct vassals, so there's no need to divide the Lords into greater and lesser.

Last edited:
The portraits are made of composite DNA parts... and yes with a little help from Origins toolset ;). The helm (or lackof), hair (or lack of), misc (armor) can be randomised or based upon parents DNA. As there are only 2 possible portrait groups allowed by CK; muslim ("dark_") and white ("testface_") I combined the noses, eye and head into the 1 set. This is because I want different portraits for Ironborn/Firstmen, Valyrian Westrosi and Dornish (and it looked funny having a pale Valyrian nose and a dark dornish jaw - currently can end up with Valyaian hair and Dornish dusky skin but it look OK). If someone could figure out how to add more than 2 portrait sets I could create fully ransomised composite parts for more than just 2 race sets (and also awesome looking elf, dwarf and orc ones for other mods).

As you can see from the screenshots I have renamed the CK Dukes, Counts and King teirs. The feudal teir system was another thing that wasnt easy adapting to Westeros. As there are only 3 levels allowed in CK, but more in Westeros (landed knight<Lord/Lady<Warden<King (plus other titles like Shield of Lannisport). I had to make some awkward maneavering. What the books term "Wardens" also had "duke" teir bannermen below them (who in turn had bannermen under them)... So CK duke wouldnt suffice, they were also not called Kings, yet it was specifically mentioned as there being older Kingdoms they could conceivably create/reforge as Robb did with King of the North. In this mod the Wardens do have the capacity to create their historical Kingdoms (which is what the province based vassalisation system will pledge to). I managed to get a 4th teir out of BYZA "the King of Andals, Rhonyar and First Men" for the Targaryens.

Last edited:
This looks spectacular. I'd really like to see a scenario set smack dab in the middle of the Targaryen rule, so a period of (relative) peace and tranquility. Would that be possible?

Hi Rabid, I suspect you might not have installed CK and DV properly, those missing palette files are not altered by my mod, so if they are missing I think there must have been a problem with your un-moded install. I have posted version 1.02 of the mod which adds in The Others (using the GOLD/Mongol TAG) I have also added those eyr_.bmps. As you say the misaligning looks like it might be a resolution clash. Was unmoded CK OK?

to Dagorkan: I have tried to make it as historically accurate as I could, e.g. Jon Arryn and Eddard (who is also allied to Hoster Tully) are allied and friends with Robert Baratheon who is rivals and and at war with Rhaegar and mad king Aerys. In my hands off testing I have found generally Robert will defeat Aerys and become king of the Iron Throne. However, just like CK, events are not set in stone. I has seen Aerys slay his own son Rhaegar getting the Kinslayer trait, one time Tywin got a claim on the Iron throne and defeated Areys himself, another there was a Tyrell Queen of the North (happened 300 years after game start).

to Saskganesh: It is VERY stable I have not had a single CTD, even after hundereds of years of playing. I am interested to hear if any one has had a CTD and others experiences / comments or suggestions.

Pure 100% awesome. I'm having great fun turning Rhaegar against his insane father.

Great work. I just found it strange that Cersei is at Storm's End and not in Casterly Rock. Also the event telling me to hire the Croatian Smasher company was fun:D, it might be changed to Sellswords from the Free Cities. Is it possible to add High Hermitage in Dorne so that we could have Ser Gerold 'Darkstar' Dayne?

Ah yeah Cersei in Storm's End was me trying to get the ai to marry her to a (historical) king instead of a lowly count. AI Tywin always seems to marry her off to Amory Lorch which I found annoying, she seems to head straight back to Caterly Rock and marry a local count anyway but I suppose I should move her back (as the AI wont marry her to Robert... and the marriage only really happened after he defeated Rhaegar and Aerys... Jaime being the father of Robert's sons would be a bit tricky thing to handle in the game engine too :eek:o

Oh and thanks for reminding me I need to update the Mercenary event txt.

I have been testing the EXE mod to play as Muslim and Pagans, and I havent encoutered any issues so next release will have playable Ironborn and Wildlings

Great job Grell. The choice of Westeros is very good ; GRR Martin gives The Accursed Kings (Les Rois maudits) as an inspiration for his books, and The Accursed Kings seems to be an inspiration for CK 2 !

A little thing who suprised me : Roose Bolton is an independent lord ; should'nt he be a liege of Eddard Stark ? Same thing for Walder Frey, with the Tully. Maybe they can have traits who can help them to become the traitors we all love...:rolleyes: