• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah i have Win 7 though i dont think i updated completely, but i still can get in game though it just shows black boxes for choices and i cant seem to go to menu.

If you have Windows 7, install CK in another diretory than C:/progam files.
Make a C:/games or whatever and install there.

Otherwise you might have trouble with the automated write protection for (supposed) system files in Win 7.

If i'm installing this mod into a Crusader Kings: complete on a vista computer, I just do the standard install, correct? Or do I have to make a new folder like with the Windows 7 version?

Also where do I install the mod? I'm REALLY inexperienced with mods but really want to play this.

Last edited:
If i'm installing this mod into a Crusader Kings: complete on a vista computer, I just do the standard install, correct? Or do I have to make a new folder like with the Windows 7 version?

Also where do I install the mod? I'm REALLY inexperienced with mods but really want to play this.

With Vista and Win7 it is both best to install the game not under its standard installation path, but install it in c:\games f.e. (a folder you probably have to create).

You need to install the mod on top of Crusader Kings.

I got the mod to work, although I can't play as Casterly Rock in War of the Usurper.

Also is it just me or does the Reach and Dorne not start at war with the rebels in war of the usurper? Because Aerys and Rheagar always just gets bumrushed by all three rebel armies.

I got the mod to work, although I can't play as Casterly Rock in War of the Usurper.
Edit 1066_scenario.eug so it shows this:
Code:
HUNG = { gender = male type = kingdom dna = "02061103150804" title = { HUNG MEIS C190 }}
where the original MEIS data was. The problem was that it showed Casterly Rock, but there isn't anyone with Casterly Rock in their main title, only The West (Tag HUNG).

Hi,

I would like to ask wheter this mod effect the original game? Will I be able to play vanilla CK after installing this mode?

Thanks in advance

No, you need to make a copy of the CK folder first and then install the mod there. Since this mod will overwrite most vanilla-files.

Is there any way someone could make a mirror for the file on something other than ModDB or gamefront ( ModDB actually directs it to gamefront). For the life of me I can't get gamefront to load up on my computer, always get errors. Love this concept for the mod. thanks

Westeros Mod

I've been working on mastering the Hearts of Iron series for a while now, but I just got a copy of Crusader Kings Complete simply because I've been looking for a great Westeros mod. Now that I am ready to download, the moddb/gamefront download link for 'War of the Usurper' consistently tells me 'file not found'. Does anybody know of a different mirror or route to getting the Westeros mod to the first Crusader Kings? Everyone's focus seems to have shifted to CK2.

(edited) Link in first post works...

Last edited:
hallo everyone!

first af all sorry for my english

well i have problem with this mod because when i made everything (i think) correct the game doesnt start and one pop up window says critical error! mismatch database and has buttons ABORT RETRY and IGNORE if i choose ignore the game freeze and the mouse doesnt work...what is the problem?
well these is the steps i made

install crusader king 1 (not 2) in a different folder than the ''programm files'' and named ''games'' under the c:
install DV (extract and replace the items on the folder of CK)and patch beta 2,1 something like that when i found here in forum
install westeros mod (extract and replace the items on the folder DV)
finally i've tryed to run the game with 1024x768 screen resolution and 16 bit colours and sound on
but never start and freeze..sometimes it says critical error database mismatch other times says unhadled exception detected and one code under that...
i tryed finally to run the game as administrator but doesnt work...everytime freeze...and doesnt start
i must say that i have windows 7 system

please if you can i need an advise or answer on that problem!

thanks a lot!

When you get a database mismatch error it usually means that something is wrong with your Crusader Kings/db folder.

All I can advise you is to make a complete and fresh installation of all the files.

CK
DV
DV betapatch
Westeror Mod

Gamefront either has problems or wont play with NoScript i guess. Whatever, i'm currently loading it up to File-Upload.net. Another 10 minutes or so..

here we go: (91,31 MB)
http://www.file-upload.net/download-4716194/Winds_of_Winter_3.01.rar.html

Please reply if it works for you,thanks.

Unfortunately, it didn't work properly on file-upload.net. For some reason the .rar file would stop downloading at various points prior to completion every time, and with no consistency. Regardless I appreciate you trying. The good news is that after trying that once or twice a day for the last few days, I tried the gamefront site again and this time the file was located. Really appreciate all the help. It's good to know that not everyone has abandoned this mod for the CK2 mod.

Unfortunately, it didn't work properly on file-upload.net. For some reason the .rar file would stop downloading at various points prior to completion every time, and with no consistency. Regardless I appreciate you trying. The good news is that after trying that once or twice a day for the last few days, I tried the gamefront site again and this time the file was located. Really appreciate all the help. It's good to know that not everyone has abandoned this mod for the CK2 mod.

Just did a test download and it worked for me at 370kb/s. Maybe it got interrupted when you were watching movies online or anythin alike ? Maybe its your location/connection.
Whatever, my test worked. Sorry that it didnt for you.