+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Westeros Mod - War of the Usurper

Mine doesn't work have CK complete fully up to date but when I extract all into the folder it comes up with loads of errors during the extraction I don't know what I have done wrong.

Yeah i have Win 7 though i dont think i updated completely, but i still can get in game though it just shows black boxes for choices and i cant seem to go to menu.
    Wannabe Quallity assurance tester for Pdox Interactive.

General Grumpalodian Aardvark Bellay's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight

If you have Windows 7, install CK in another diretory than C:/progam files.
    Make a C:/games or whatever and install there.

Otherwise you might have trouble with the automated write protection for (supposed) system files in Win 7.
    [Micromod] - Old Building Names (Pre-1.10-building-names for CK2)
    Updated CKII-UI-Font-Mod for 2.2/2.3

CK2 Mods: User Mod Index (Don't forget to post about your mod compatibility)
    Deutsch CK2: German CK2 Sub-Forum (go there for the german translation 'repair' mod)

Steam

This mod looks very interesting.

Does it work if you get the game off of Steam? Or does it require the disc version?

Thanks

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by gregm1988 View Post
    This mod looks very interesting.

Does it work if you get the game off of Steam? Or does it require the disc version?

Thanks
    It works for all versions.

If i'm installing this mod into a Crusader Kings: complete on a vista computer, I just do the standard install, correct? Or do I have to make a new folder like with the Windows 7 version?

Also where do I install the mod? I'm REALLY inexperienced with mods but really want to play this.
    Last edited by thechoort; 11-05-2012 at 21:07.

77 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by thechoort View Post
    If i'm installing this mod into a Crusader Kings: complete on a vista computer, I just do the standard install, correct? Or do I have to make a new folder like with the Windows 7 version?

Also where do I install the mod? I'm REALLY inexperienced with mods but really want to play this.
    With Vista and Win7 it is both best to install the game not under its standard installation path, but install it in c:\games f.e. (a folder you probably have to create).

You need to install the mod on top of Crusader Kings.

I got the mod to work, although I can't play as Casterly Rock in War of the Usurper.

Also is it just me or does the Reach and Dorne not start at war with the rebels in war of the usurper? Because Aerys and Rheagar always just gets bumrushed by all three rebel armies.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Looks awesome
    We came in peace to save all mankind; now look at the mess we left behind.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2500k club

Quote Originally Posted by thechoort View Post
    I got the mod to work, although I can't play as Casterly Rock in War of the Usurper.
    Edit 1066_scenario.eug so it shows this:
    Code:
    HUNG = { gender = male type = kingdom dna = "02061103150804" title = { HUNG MEIS C190 }}
    where the original MEIS data was. The problem was that it showed Casterly Rock, but there isn't anyone with Casterly Rock in their main title, only The West (Tag HUNG).
    Nationality: British
    Religion: Protestant
    Ideology: Reactionary
    Issues: State Capitalism/Jingoism
    Cash Reserves: £400
    Consciousness:6.25
    Militancy: 5.25

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Looking forward to trying this out! I'm a huge fan of the series....I just need to get better at CK!

Hi,

I would like to ask wheter this mod effect the original game? Will I be able to play vanilla CK after installing this mode?

Thanks in advance

77 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by Pomerancak View Post
    Hi,

I would like to ask wheter this mod effect the original game? Will I be able to play vanilla CK after installing this mode?

Thanks in advance
    No, you need to make a copy of the CK folder first and then install the mod there. Since this mod will overwrite most vanilla-files.

Is there any way someone could make a mirror for the file on something other than ModDB or gamefront ( ModDB actually directs it to gamefront). For the life of me I can't get gamefront to load up on my computer, always get errors. Love this concept for the mod. thanks

Westeros Mod

I've been working on mastering the Hearts of Iron series for a while now, but I just got a copy of Crusader Kings Complete simply because I've been looking for a great Westeros mod. Now that I am ready to download, the moddb/gamefront download link for 'War of the Usurper' consistently tells me 'file not found'. Does anybody know of a different mirror or route to getting the Westeros mod to the first Crusader Kings? Everyone's focus seems to have shifted to CK2.

(edited) Link in first post works...
    Last edited by Aardvark Bellay; 10-10-2012 at 23:34.

hallo everyone!

first af all sorry for my english

well i have problem with this mod because when i made everything (i think) correct the game doesnt start and one pop up window says critical error! mismatch database and has buttons ABORT RETRY and IGNORE if i choose ignore the game freeze and the mouse doesnt work...what is the problem?
    well these is the steps i made

install crusader king 1 (not 2) in a different folder than the ''programm files'' and named ''games'' under the c:
    install DV (extract and replace the items on the folder of CK)and patch beta 2,1 something like that when i found here in forum
    install westeros mod (extract and replace the items on the folder DV)
    finally i've tryed to run the game with 1024x768 screen resolution and 16 bit colours and sound on
    but never start and freeze..sometimes it says critical error database mismatch other times says unhadled exception detected and one code under that...
    i tryed finally to run the game as administrator but doesnt work...everytime freeze...and doesnt start
    i must say that i have windows 7 system

please if you can i need an advise or answer on that problem!

thanks a lot!

77 games registered

When you get a database mismatch error it usually means that something is wrong with your Crusader Kings/db folder.

All I can advise you is to make a complete and fresh installation of all the files.

CK
    DV
    DV betapatch
    Westeror Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark Bellay View Post
    Gamefront either has problems or wont play with NoScript i guess. Whatever, i'm currently loading it up to File-Upload.net. Another 10 minutes or so..

here we go: (91,31 MB)
    http://www.file-upload.net/download-..._3.01.rar.html

Please reply if it works for you,thanks.
    Unfortunately, it didn't work properly on file-upload.net. For some reason the .rar file would stop downloading at various points prior to completion every time, and with no consistency. Regardless I appreciate you trying. The good news is that after trying that once or twice a day for the last few days, I tried the gamefront site again and this time the file was located. Really appreciate all the help. It's good to know that not everyone has abandoned this mod for the CK2 mod.

Quote Originally Posted by bpiggrem View Post
    Unfortunately, it didn't work properly on file-upload.net. For some reason the .rar file would stop downloading at various points prior to completion every time, and with no consistency. Regardless I appreciate you trying. The good news is that after trying that once or twice a day for the last few days, I tried the gamefront site again and this time the file was located. Really appreciate all the help. It's good to know that not everyone has abandoned this mod for the CK2 mod.
    Just did a test download and it worked for me at 370kb/s. Maybe it got interrupted when you were watching movies online or anythin alike ? Maybe its your location/connection.
    Whatever, my test worked. Sorry that it didnt for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast