+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Danevang's V2 Map Fertilizer

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 BetaV2 AHD Beta500k club

If you're thinking of doing any major terrain corrections, Edmonton province should be plains, not mountains (I should know, I live there!)
    Gaius Marius

First Man in Rome
    7 Consulships

ICQ#: 574097267
    MSN: allpowerfull2000@yahoo.com

Paradox mercenary artist Danevang's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I've done a little tweaking of the terrain textures. They include:

-Farmland has more varied field colours (different crops, fruit orchards etc.).

-Plains now have a few farms on them, making them look less empty, and blending better with the farm land areas.

-Small farm buildings have been added to farmland and famrs on grass plains.

-Plains, steppe and hills have been made to look like they have tall grass (I'm still working on this).

-Hills leading up to mountains have been changed slightly to blend better with the plains/hills terrain.

I really like what Paradox has done with the map, so the changes are suttle, but there. Take a look, and let me know what you think:

I've got nothing to say, but it's okay.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Comments on the terrain changes please. Good, bad? I can't really do more on it before I know if you guys like it.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Screens of some hilly plain-rich area plz, like south russia or africa =D

I like the farmland changes very much. I am not able to see much of a change for plains in the screenshot, however.

I'll post some screens of the plains later today. It is however suttle changes as I said, Paradox did a great job with this map already.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Maybe some "wave dunes" for the desert? And some sharpen-filters on the mountains?

I'll see what I can do.

Eagerly awaits, i check this thread once a day lol XD

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

great mod!
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

Thanks. Just for info, I'm on holiday for the next week, so nothing new will be released during that time.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

How did you get your changes to show in game as i have been trying make some small changes to the map but the game wont rebuild the cache it just CTD on quad 23

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

I tried the map fertilizer yesterday, mostly for the ocean graphics though. But the whole mod is awesome! Thanks for doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyus View Post
    How did you get your changes to show in game as i have been trying make some small changes to the map but the game wont rebuild the cache it just CTD on quad 23
    I only change tecture files...and that does not require the cashe to be remade. The crash ad quad 23 is a bug, which has been reported.

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    92 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Youve done an excellent work with this mod, i really like it.

It would look even better if you would give the big inland seas (caspian see, lake baikal, ect.) also a depht texture.

But its great even without that

you could try it with my clear map overlay mod,
    then your work is even better to see
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Yeah the inland lakes are a bit too bright compared to the rest of the water in the world (is sweet water brighter than salt water? lol i have no idea) XD

Quote Originally Posted by Baleur View Post
    Yeah the inland lakes are a bit too bright compared to the rest of the water in the world (is sweet water brighter than salt water? lol i have no idea) XD
    The inland lakes are not nearly as deep as oceans...that's why. But visually they would look better as more dark blue, and they will be changed to look like that in the next release. A few minor visual faults will be changed too.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Seems that the download link is down, at least for me. Any chance we could get a second mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner243 View Post
    Seems that the download link is down, at least for me. Any chance we could get a second mirror?
    Hmm, it works for me. I'll wait a little, and see if I can fix another mirror if you still can't get it to work. Also, try the link a few times, Filefront has been known to not work once in a while, for some reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast