• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(4868)

Lt. General
Jul 12, 2001
Hi all,

One more question from me. In the Scenario files, there is the stat for colonialnation = yes/no

I am curious, what does this "colonialnation" definition actually do? Does it affect how the AI prioritizes expansions and wars/conquests? What happens if I changed it to yes? Will the AI behave differently and prioritize expansionism and wars differently?

Or maybe all it does is gives a few bonuses to colonial-related actions and attempts??

in vic wiki, if yes, country has claim buildings or colonies anywhere in the world

i think that in the ftg could be the same meaning.

In EU2 this parameter defines which countries are "frontier countries" and get additional colonists, like Russia.
In FTG this parameter seems to be ignored and frontier countries are those that own or are adjacent to a land province with <1000 pop and a land connection to the country's capital.

Hi all,

One more question from me. In the Scenario files, there is the stat for colonialnation = yes/no

I am curious, what does this "colonialnation" definition actually do? Does it affect how the AI prioritizes expansions and wars/conquests? What happens if I changed it to yes? Will the AI behave differently and prioritize expansionism and wars differently?

Or maybe all it does is gives a few bonuses to colonial-related actions and attempts??

colonization = no means, that nation will never colonize, it was put in for the historical players