+ Reply to Thread

Thread: colonialnation = yes

colonialnation = yes

Hi all,

One more question from me. In the Scenario files, there is the stat for colonialnation = yes/no

I am curious, what does this "colonialnation" definition actually do? Does it affect how the AI prioritizes expansions and wars/conquests? What happens if I changed it to yes? Will the AI behave differently and prioritize expansionism and wars differently?

Or maybe all it does is gives a few bonuses to colonial-related actions and attempts??

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory

in vic wiki, if yes, country has claim buildings or colonies anywhere in the world

i think that in the ftg could be the same meaning.
    Optimization and Multiplayer are the key points.

In EU2 this parameter defines which countries are "frontier countries" and get additional colonists, like Russia.
    In FTG this parameter seems to be ignored and frontier countries are those that own or are adjacent to a land province with <1000 pop and a land connection to the country's capital.
    Irredentism & Imperialism for DH 1.03
    Watkabaoi fixed and updated for FtG 1.2
    Watkabaoi fixed and updated for FtG 1.3 beta
    Jamie's Validator updated for FtG 1.3 beta (1 Dec)
    Event Validator for DH 1.03 based on Jamie's Validator
    Interregnum fixed and ported to FtG 1.3 beta
    Need help with regexing?

Divine Wind

So it does nothing? What about 'colonialattempts' and 'major' ?

Colonialattempts is very well explained in the EU2 Colonization FAQ:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ion-FAQ-v1.08&

In other words.... the more you ATTEMPT to colonize (by sending out settlers for either trade posts or settlements), the easier it gets.

Divine Wind

I don't get it. Does that mean if I put 'yes' instead of 'no' it just means I have an overall better chance?

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteFor The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Suleyman View Post
    Hi all,

One more question from me. In the Scenario files, there is the stat for colonialnation = yes/no

I am curious, what does this "colonialnation" definition actually do? Does it affect how the AI prioritizes expansions and wars/conquests? What happens if I changed it to yes? Will the AI behave differently and prioritize expansionism and wars differently?

Or maybe all it does is gives a few bonuses to colonial-related actions and attempts??
    colonization = no means, that nation will never colonize, it was put in for the historical players
    ######################################
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo
    when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

Classification of a dialect is that it is a language without an army!

Divine Wind

hi toio do you have your own mod you can upload

+ Reply to Thread