• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AFAIK in Eu3 big flags are fleets, smaller ones armies...

Size and strength(capped at a certain level). I think it could be useful to use flags to at a glance see how a combat is going. We'll see what's used in the end.

Give them a finger and they'll take your hand :eek:

Oh, I just remembered. The colonial mapmode doesn't show player's colonial states, which is bit annoying and unexpected. Can this be changed?

(half kidding)

It would be nice if fleets and armies had somewhat different icons. I have hard time guessing if those flags by French coast are armies or fleets.

Naval ensigns for the fleets? That would look great! EDIT: Ah, already been suggested, and nearly one page earlier. Shame on me. Would be absolutely fantastic if that made it into the game, though!

It is awesome that this oversight will be rectified :D
It's slightly less awesome that it has to be rectified post-release though :(

Ooh, maybe you could use a countrie's naval ensign rather than country flag?

So instead of seeing;
200px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

you see;
200px-Naval_Ensign_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

I agree this would be cool but currently we don't have any flags for naval ensigns, and certainly not for every flag type(communist, fascist etc.). Maybe for an expansion though

Oh, I just remembered. The colonial mapmode doesn't show player's colonial states, which is bit annoying and unexpected. Can this be changed?

(half kidding)

While we're at it :rofl:;

It'd be cool if, when using the region map-mode, the names of states/regions would appear when you're zoomed out far enough that the province names dissapear but not so far that the country names appear.

I agree this would be cool but currently we don't have any flags for naval ensigns, and certainly not for every flag type(communist, fascist etc.). Maybe for an expansion though

Ask the mod community to make them for you, not only would they probably love to do it but will probably do it without charging you(or the rest of us for that matter). :D

This is not only great news, but also great news delivered by man with awsome avatar. Now I would really like to work for you, guys :D

It'd be cool if, when using the region map-mode, the names of states/regions would appear when you're zoomed out far enough that the province names dissapear but not so far that the country names appear.

Giving you something like this;

14vu2rr.jpg

Only, of course, in the game's very lovely font and manner.

Giving you something like this; (IMG)
Only, of course, in the game's very lovely font and manner.

+1, That WOULD be usefull, no more browsing through tooltips muttering (Now where the heck is Alabama)

+1, That WOULD be usefull, no more browsing through tooltips muttering (Now where the heck is Alabama)

+1! It would add alot for AAR*s

Oh, so totally agreed!

Agreed. I had big problems finding Illinois on the map earlier today, not being fluent in all American states' position.

Agreed. I had big problems finding Illinois on the map earlier today, not being fluent in all American states' position.

You're not the only one. However, playing Vic1 and HoIs resulted in improvement of my US' geography. :D