• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fizy45

Colonel
69 Badges
Jan 13, 2008
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
Yep question is simple how can I lower their unemployment number ?

I am making railways from time to time will this help ?

High number of factories means low employement for craftsmen but factories created by ai (I cant build) how can I make factory ?

You can expand the factory levels for those states that already got one. For the states that don't have factories ... Just let those craftsmen convert to farmers/labourers.

Only factories can employ craftsmen. Only profitable factories will employ more craftsmen (if not at 100% capacity already).

You need more factories, or profitable factories. Techs and railroads help in this regard (profitability).

I would occasionally (Once a game week) look at the unemployment pop up and if there were any large groups (500 - 1000) then i would do something about it but because you get SO many immigrants and people shuffle around so much i usually had it flashing red the entire game.

Only factories can employ craftsmen. Only profitable factories will employ more craftsmen (if not at 100% capacity already).

You need more factories, or profitable factories. Techs and railroads help in this regard (profitability).

You can also subsidise the factories if they are not making any profit. This will help them employ the craftsmen.

You can also subsidise the factories if they are not making any profit. This will help them employ the craftsmen.
True, forgot about that. But it'll be costly, I can tell you that! :)

I wonder if setting migration National Focus to a state that actually contains factories would help? (It would stop people from migrating to middle of nothing and would gather people from middle of nothing?)

Something to bear in mind: at first it can seem as if you have no control over your economy in LF, but actually you do. The national focus gives you a good amount of push, try and create optimum conditions for capitalists to get what they need to build factories etc. Once you've been playing a while you realise it isn't as out-of-your-hands as it seems.

If you are playing the demo, I doubt that unemployment is that big of a problem. At least in my game, it was restricted to a few hundred people per province. It may seem overwhelming because of all those red numbers, but it is a small percentage of the total.

In a real economy, some degree of unemployment is actually healthy because it allows for economic mobility. For instance, a new factory will be able to get workers right away. (It also keeps wages low, heh). It may work like that in Victoria as well.

The problem I had in my game was that craftsmen and clerks weren't immigrating to the states that had employment for them. I had spent out of my rear end to expand my highly profitable glass factory in Mass. near the beginning of the game, but it spent the rest of the game never more than half-staffed. Meanwhile I had a metric ton of craftsmen and clerks sitting unemployed in places like Georgia and Tennessee, which had zero industry to support them. Encouraging immigration to Massachusetts for a year didn't help.

Is it a problem that industrial workers are choosing non-industrial states over industrial ones for migration destinations? Or is the whole point that they come from Europe as industrial workers, but want to change occupation (farmers, labourers) in their new life?

frostynorth: Maybe your factory states have unemployed craftsmen and clerks? IIRC, POPs don't migrate to provinces that have unemployed POPs of their own type. This is possible as factories don't blindly employ everyone.