• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My current WC-game with the newest 1.4 patch as the UK. While start was slow and the wars against France quite disastrous after 2 wars (and blockades) it finally broke and was ripe for a 3rd war where I could take the Bretagne, Normandy and more of the inner provinces. Since then France is out of the top 10 military powers.
Italy formed early through Two Sicilies so I had to step in fast and took what I can. My last war was against the US while they were in the ACW. The US is currently a secondary power but I think when my wars in Europe start again huge masses of ppl move towards the US.
Next targets: Egypt (US sphere), Japan (Russian sphere) and Spain (Great Power). If a war interupts between Russia and Austria - I'll crush the weaker.
@the new patch: It's great, so far I couldn't promote a single colony to a state; my bureaucratic efficiency is around 35% while my literacy is around 45%.
Spheres: CSA, China, Brazil, Spain/Mexico (if they aren't a GP), + Indian minors

What's up with Korea? I've never seen anyone take any interest in it before... But nice empire! I had a game like that as persia, but the UK super death stacks just got too much in the end ^^

Thanks. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but a few months before China Civilised Korean liberal rebels took over Korea. Japan and China both dow'd and took territory in the first war, China did it again and that's how Korea is today.

@Foxl, Nice UK, Russia is the last threat to your WC. Good luck!

You didn't want to form Scandinavia? And Spain usually loses it's GP spot no matter what.

Spain was third at one point, so that was different from most games. i didn't want to at first, but sweden did strive for a scandinavian union. besides that, the added accepted cultures helped. the RE is now just Russia.

I'll manually trigger "The Third Rome"! it is unrealistic that they would have an empty capital surrounded by the enemy, with over 100k soldiers right across the border. also, i now keep it so both china and russia pay my 25% of their taxes, the Imfamy is unwanted, but i win every war that i am in(as of recently).

I now feel an irresistable urge to play as Austria.....

Now, this is very, very early in the game, but I would like to post my Austrian Empire. It is not one that is very big, but it is entirely different from other ones, I would say. I have taken the route of mutual prosperity, whereas I have released all peoples whom were under me into different Kingdoms, hoping that they will all stay true to their monarch's word to abide by my rules. The only ones that I have not released are the Venetians and the Lombardians; they will act as my buffer-zones (as well as ports). Many areas clash with each other with different cores, yes, but I shall hope Vienna will unify them all. As well, I have released my hold on the different German states to the North as a sign of good-will to the Kingdom of Prussia. Here's to a united cause for German pride!

2011083100001.jpg

Nice stuff. A couple of questions:

What happened to GB?
How come colombia not Chile or peru is GP?
How did china get that massive?

Also if USA could beat up CSA you would have quite nice border there in north america don't you think.

I may be completely and utterly wrong but, am I the only one who sees the "mexico played buy a player" always ends up with USA and CSA? I'm serious, I don't think I ever saw a non-AI Mexico competing with at least a half decent USA not some CSA crap at the south.

Just my observation.

Lol at France stealing that colonial bit from Russia all the way up north. :D Or was it a result of peace treaty? Also UK is doing really bad in newest beta..In my last couple games they seem to end at 4-6 place. Seems it's same for other people.

Lol at France stealing that colonial bit from Russia all the way up north. :D Or was it a result of peace treaty? Also UK is doing really bad in newest beta..In my last couple games they seem to end at 4-6 place. Seems it's same for other people.

Someone always steals a piece from Russia by colonizing it (at least in my games), though it's usually the western-most uncolonized region.

What happened to GB?

Also if USA could beat up CSA you would have quite nice border there in north america don't you think.

I may be completely and utterly wrong but, am I the only one who sees the "mexico played buy a player" always ends up with USA and CSA? I'm serious, I don't think I ever saw a non-AI Mexico competing with at least a half decent USA not some CSA crap at the south.

Just my observation.

It's probably a matter of Mexico under a player being a GP, and empowering the confederates to have a sphereling and ally in North America. It's a good strategy to keep the USA from being a threat, and costs less infamy and headaches than conquering the region yourself.

What happened to GB?

Just my observation.

Well, you can see that I'm only shading the USA in industrial output, and my population has only been higher than theirs for about 20 years. Considering the amount of USA cores I held, it was in my interest to keep them as weak as possible. I was allied with the CSA for quite some time and, even though they didn't look for support whenever the inevitable USA v CSA wars kicked off, I got involved anyway. The last war I had with the USA was in around 1920 and they were certainly no push over; in fact, it was quite brutal. My final acquisition was Kansas from the CSA in around 1932 and that was a walk in the park. As for your other questions: I don't really know, to be honest. I wasn't paying much attention to China. Colombia was actually pissing me off quite a bit; I had them in my sphere for decades but once they achieved great power status they start meddling and building a sphere of their own. At one stage I had, with the exception of Venezuela, all of South America in my sphere of influence. A major problem for me was bureaucrats - even right at the end most of my states at a pitiful amount of them. Makes a change from playing as Prussia, I suppose.

As for France's involvement in Russia: they actually held an awful lot more territory in Russia's north but were forced to forfeit them one by one. What you see in the map is around a fifth of what they had at one stage.

Finally finished my Panjab game. :D
v217.jpg

v214.jpg

And the world/other Great Powers.
v213.jpg

v2maphnd1936111.jpg
Half of great powers including China just had to go to war near the end of game, so I lost my 1st place in military to China, so I had to compensate and declare war on someone so I get it back. :D Anyway was a really enjoyable game, glad to be finally done with this. :D

The rise of Asia... this time a bit earlier :D
Really nice what you did, also kinda funny: GB is no GP even with still having Canada, Australia and huge chunks of Africa...

Finally finished my Panjab game. :D
v217.jpg

v214.jpg

And the world/other Great Powers.
v213.jpg

v2maphnd1936111.jpg
Half of great powers including China just had to go to war near the end of game, so I lost my 1st place in military to China, so I had to compensate and declare war on someone so I get it back. :D Anyway was a really enjoyable game, glad to be finally done with this. :D

Real achievement!
What's your max. brigades pool?

Last time I checked was in 1930 and it was 1800~. Altho at no point of game I encouraged soldiers, since as you see 166 was enough. Sadly USA took me over in industrial score last few years, probably because I didn't really have time to focus on economy throughout the game while they were getting huge amounts of immigrants. Still they had like 200 more, 1~ year longer and I'd get 1st place again (which I had from 1910 to 1930~).

About UK, at one point I was occupying whole mainland UK and Ireland, their war exhaustion went to 80% and after I got what I wanted from them, Anarcho-liberals and communists went rampage on their soil. They were rebel occupied and dropped as far as 20th place at one point, last few years they beat down the rebels and started rebuilding industry but was too late. :D Surprisingly Ireland/Scotland didn't break off even tho they were occupied by rebels for good few years. Guess the only thing that saved UK was a lvl 5 fort they had in London, so even with almost whole country occupied their capital was fine as rebels were taking forever to take control with fort like that. :D

@Foxl, Nice UK, Russia is the last threat to your WC. Good luck!

Yes they and NGF + Austria combined they have around 400divs standing + their mobilization pool.
I didn't try to touch them as the war against the US, Mexico and CSA used up most of my mobile forces and I came to the conclusion that I need the 1900 military techs to devastate the big 3. What surprised me was the imense difficulty I had with Japan. Somehow they were much more stronger then anything I faced up to that point + they had ~ 130divs and were Nr. 4 in the Military rating.

Anyway here's the Empire 1891 - currently in a war against Sokoto to burn diplo points and quite quiet ;) no revolutions since ~2years. China and Brazil are my next targets as they just "dropped" out of my sphere.

Yeah that blue blob in Africa is my :S puppet Congo

vic2_usa_early20c.jpg

United States of America, early 20th century.
I started this game using the "realistic 1836" mod, with a little bit of tweaking (if I "showed the flag" into a province that both me and the UK were colonizing (i.e. I moved my soldiers into said area) and the UK didn't respond in kind, then I'd switch other to the UK and abandon the colonization efforts there) I managed to get the north western coast, and then had to modify the "Seward's Icebox" events to make sure I annexed just Alaska, not all of Russia. :)

I've also got most of Latin America in my sphere of influence, and a few other nations as well (including Hawaii, but no, I'm not going to annex it. :p)

what happened to mexico? your not going to take it?