• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My United Kingdom of Zanzibar and (half of) Morocco.

v23b.png

v22k.png

Unfortunately, Portugal attacked me in 1850 or something and they annexed me after four years of warring. :( At least I fought until the end! And I occupied some of their colonies:

v27.png

When I was fighting with Portugal, France started quite a big war against Great Britain:

v25j.png

France (GP), Ottoman Empire (SP), Brazil (21th place), Austria (GP), Netherlands (SP), Spain (SP), Papal State, Sardinia-Piedmont (SP) and Switzerland (SP) vs Great Britain (GP of course), Hanover, Belgium (SP) and all the little Indias.

v24.png

Nothing interesting happened in that war, France took British Guyana and that's all.

Last edited:
Here's the posts for my mighty Haitian state. This is only my second V2 game and I was still trying to grasp the basics. I played this game as a totally pacifist one -- not a single war all game long. I ended it in 1926 after the game crashed (I played the entire thing in one sitting) and when I reloaded world diplomacy had become screwed up. No mods -- completely vanilla.

Please forgive the poor cropping and resizing -- blame Paint.

V2_MAP_HAI_192611_1.jpg

V2_1.jpg

V2_2.jpg

I ended 12th overall, primarily through rapid industrialization. I probably would have done better in net ranking if the US had defeated the CSA and taken the west from Mexico, so both the CSA and Mexico were edging me out by a few hairs. I definitely learned an important lesson about prestige and rare goods in this game -- my factories shut down when I had lower prestige and couldn't get the necessary raw materials for them, and I had trouble getting timber for my railroads throughout.

The population of my Haiti was roughly 20 million, about equal to the current population of the modern-day real world Dominican Republic and Haiti combined. I also learned a lesson about overbuilding factories early: I eventually reached a point where I couldn't build factories fast enough to accommodate the influx of new craftsmen. To deal with the massive unemployment created by the early-game pro-growth and immigrant policies I enacted I used my national focus to start shunting the unemployed into the army. The result was a military capacity of more than a million and a half soldiers from little Haiti, and still rising! I was playing a peaceful game, so I didn't do anything with it, but my military was set to become between the 3rd and 6th most powerful in the world. I considered invading Uruguay, Argentina, or one of the other South American countries in nobody's sphere (a weakened US left a few unprotected countries down there, and I could have beaten the US in a straight fight anyway with my current army), but again, peace was the watchword.

Had the game continued, I probably would have colonized Easter Island, the last place left in the scramble for Oceania.

I was hoping to become a great power, but the result of this game speaks for itself. It's just a reminder of the enormous power of breakneck industrialization and what can be done in peacetime.

My current Vicky 2 Game as Japan(very mediocre when compared to what I've seen in this thread :\). I'm using the Pop Demand Mod. I civilized by 1860 and declared war on China for Taiwan, then annexed Korea then later went back to China when the "Heavenly Kingdom" appeared and got parts of Manchuria.

Big images beware :p
japanworld1879.png

japannation1879.png

The Current GP's
japandiplomatic1879.png

My Political Screen
japan1879political.png

The Ledger:
ledgerjapan1879.png

So far the only Communist nation is Nicaragua.. which really doesn't matter a whole much.. there aren't any other "radical" governments yet.

Last edited:
My current Vicky 2 Game as Japan(very mediocre when compared to what I've seen in this thread :\). I'm using the Pop Demand Mod. I civilized by 1860 and declared war on China for Taiwan, then annexed Korea then later went back to China when the "Heavenly Kingdom" appeared and got parts of Manchuria.

Big images beware :p
japanworld1879.png

japannation1879.png

The Current GP's
japandiplomatic1879.png

My Political Screen
japan1879political.png

The Ledger:
ledgerjapan1879.png

So far the only Communist nation is Nicaragua.. which really doesn't matter a whole much.. there aren't any other "radical" governments yet.

Why are they so big?

Canada is free?!

PDM has events for the release of British Dominions as vassals. We're not the only mod that does so, I believe.

And where exactly is Aoetera?

Aotearoa is the Maori name for New Zealand, I believe.