• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
V2_4-1.jpg

My current game. Nearing late game. I have to admit that after taking those pics I had to exit my game. When I came back I realised I hadn't saved up to the point the UK joined. I carried on expecting a Dow and instead got almost the opposite. Instead of the fighting me the UK attacked France. After finishing Spain I left the two GP's fight it out between themselves. Things got interesting after that point as the UK lost the war and France not only took Aragon but brought Spain into their influence. Next time I decided to start a war France had just lost Spain form it's sphere. I attacked without hesitation and I expected to be dow'd immediately by France. Nothing happened for months until I sent a fleet to blockade Spain. The moment that happened France became furious and joined the war. I beat a hasty retreat and the war ended up lasting for ten years. I was still unciv. D:

V2_MAP_ATJ_19021023_1.jpg

I won in the end and took the middle part of the Philippines. Got a CB and took the rest of the Philippines. What happened next, shocked and appalled me to my very core. USA allied with Russia started a war with Vietnam to expand USA influence. I wouldn't stand for this, so I used my just under 200 large navy blockaded the entire east coast and Western Russia. Forced a white peace and finally civilised. That's where I'm at now. I'm sort of stuck between going on a BB spree or just playing it safe and trying to get into the GP ranks.

Two things I've noticed in this game.

1. Why does the navy not count towards military power.? I had 100 cruisers to 9 Netherlands steamers . I had 34 units and they had 9. Yet their military score is 66 and mine 17. :s

2. The game has come a long way since the first update and I support a lot of the changed. At the same time it has made doing a repeat of I Am Siam AAR is now impossible without the use of cheats or mods. It took a lot of effort in that AAR especially with super Britain problem. It's a shame that even with the same effort now it is now impossible (I reserve the right to change that statement if someone will prove me wrong.).

Unite the Filipino's!

For reference: cruisers are light ship, they fall into that middle category with frigates, and that whole category gets you nothing for military score.

For military score you need; Man O Wars, Ironclads, or Dreadnoughts.

the conclusion of my very first (or at least the first i've played from start to finish) Victoria 2 game!
No cheats, no mods (save for a map color mod)
I was pseudo-RPing an Italy that wanted to restore the Roman Empire, sadly i did not *quite* succeed but im very proud of my efforts.

My play style in this game was probably very unorthodox for seasoned players

I blitzed military techs at the expense of literally all other tech trees, when i could no longer research due to the mimimum year thing, i stopped all research in its tracks for sometimes a decade so that i could insta-unlock the military techs when they came out. Come 1919, i was able to instantly get all but one of the military techs. With my unstoppable military...well, i steamrolled. I could have done more possibly if i had a navy, but well... i didnt, i didnt research one naval technology through the entire course of the game xD

Virtually the whole of the Mediterranean belongs to me, save for some Turkish territory in the Aegean im not sure counts as the Mediterranean anyways, the islands of Cyprus and Malta, and some dutch and british territory in the Gibraltar region, beyond that due to my crippling lack of any naval power whatsoever, i wasnt able to get much done, though i did manage to take Madagascar and Yemen
there should really be a "form roman empire" event, like the byzantine one for the greeks xD
http://oi52.tinypic.com/zkprpl.jpg (go here to make it bigger)
zkprpl.jpg

2s820bn.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad for a hundred years. Why is Fance purple?

As i am pretty sure everyone is tired of seeing all those stupid, ridiculous, no good God damn German Empires and occasional Italian ones every now and than so I am giving you the country i've never seen any one playing or even mention at that. I bet most players do not even know that there is such a country in there. So here you go.
V2_18.jpg

To clarify, it is a Boer state (though doesn't have a single Boer POP in the beginning), releasable by Zulu in the beginning (civilized non the less).

I should probably mention the way i began the game. I didn't begin as Zulu but rather as Britain (as this country sucks so much ass, you now, to make it a bit easy on myself by having all the British techs), annexed Zulu and then released a bunch of nations beside my own, those were Zulu, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Mughalistan and Shimla (the last 2 in desperate hope of India forming by itself at last, though it didn't happen anyway). Regardless of that Britain is #1 Great Power so not a big deal i guess.

Now for the world.
V2_MAP_NAL_193521_1.jpg

V2_MAP_NAL_193521_2.jpg
And for the account of other great powers.
V2_17-1.jpg

My industrial score kind o sucks, any way no match for any of The Bastards.
I have a pretty big part of Africa, not all, because i had too few national focuses but i still was able to take a huge part of it as i did a little trick of mine and took the rest from France and from Britain once. France as you can see doesn't have crap in Africa, partially due to them being stupid (Germany was quicker researching machine guns and that other one) and largely due to me bitting the hell out of them in Africa and taking their colonies. This by the way is a good example of how much do France suck without it's vast African holdings.
South America is holly hell all and not comment, in the north America Mexico was kicking quite an ass until the CSA bit them silly a few years ago and took Idao and Texas.
Europe is fine though, nothing special there.

One issue that i've noticed during the game, or rather two issues:
The first one is immigration. As it stated any democracy can get those but i being a democracy during a significant part of the game got very little of those even though in the end of the game i had every single political and social reform enacted. Stupir USCA and Bolivia though got holy crap of immigrants and have provinces population size of Chinese. So what's up with that?!
And the other one is permanent rebells. Several countries suffered from those. The USA for example (mostly this is the reason they suck now). After loosing the civil war the country was overpowered by rebels of all kinds and one brigade of American Pan-Nationalists came from the CSA and took Washington. They can't enforce their demands since the USA is already a union tag country and others can't because they can't get the capital. The USA stayed this way for 30 years. This is when i took New York. Makran and Sind are still occupied by Indian Pan-Nationalists since 1850's. So this is the thing.

As i am pretty sure everyone is tired of seeing all those stupid, ridiculous, no good God damn German Empires and occasional Italian ones every now and than so I am giving you the country i've never seen any one playing or even mention at that. I bet most players do not even know that there is such a country in there. So here you go.
V2_18.jpg

I actually remember that country. I was playing as Oranje and after I took Zulu, I saw that I was able to release it.

Is... Is that a Canada that only owns the Northwest Territory?

/cry

EDIT: Your question about immigrants - there's a HUGE immigration bonus to New World provinces, even more so for countries with their capital in the Americas. It's meant to give the USA it's real-life status as an immigrant nation, but it also gives immigration to Latin America that they historically did not get.

Last edited:
yes actually. It belonged to Russia but i forced them to release that one Canadian province during the last war.
And it's not only Canada that owns only the North West Territory, it also Canada populated with Russians) How is that)

EDIT: Your question about immigrants - there's a HUGE immigration bonus to New World provinces, even more so for countries with their capital in the Americas. It's meant to give the USA it's real-life status as an immigrant nation, but it also gives immigration to Latin America that they historically did not get.

I'm not 100% on how much the game gives latin american countries but historically they got a ton of immigrants from Europe and Asia, from Mexico to Argentina and most countries in between it was similar. I remember reading in a biography of Giuseppe Garibaldi during his stay in South America, in Uraguay in particular, they were able to field full fledged international brigades in their war w/ Brazil, Italians, French, English, among others, had their own volunteer units there. Its also thought thats where Garibaldi got his Red Shirts for the first time. Hell, some of the best Mexican beer is german(called Bohemia confusingly enough).

If anything the modifier that makes dictatorships less desirable curtails historical immigration to countries like Peru and Argentina and focus' it elsewhere.

Yes it was like that but i thought that the latest patch made it possible for any developed democracy to get immigrants but i just don't see it. That is what i was talking about.

From my perusing thats a known problem. For the Boer nations in perticular. "Die groot trek" apparently doesn't do its job very well. Though I dunno if its a "problem" they want to fix.

It's not like it's the only country to play. I've never did Germany and i won't because i am sick already of seeing those all the time.

I bet 5 buck somebody will post one really soon.

Well, I'd say I'm more interested in Bolivia. I've never seen it retain its original territory, let alone expand and become a GP.

And, I give up; where is Natalia? (I can see it on your map, I just don't know what it is)

Wikipedia to the rescue!

Wow, it's amazing how some people can accomplish so much with so little in this game.

Hello my Arizonian brother, but yeah its a releasable country, one province I think.