• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What's that weird flag of Germany? Not to sound condescending, but that's the flag of Germany.

IIRC, it becomes the flag when Germany becomes anything not led by an absolute monarch (minus the communist and fascist ones, but the communist flag is identical and based on the historic East German flag.)

1. Is the byzantine thing a mod?
2. WheneverI paly greece, I can't balance the budget even with taxes and tariff maxed out, how in the hell do you then form the byzantine empire?
3. What's that weird german flag? Just calling it "germany" I thoughti t was "german empire" or "north german confederation" etc
4. What, dare i ask, is Draka? Is it from a mod?

1. Nope, they're playble since v1.2
2. I might add, i never played Greece. Too bad. :<
3. Yeah, its because in this game Germany is a constitutional monarchy, like modern UK. And i believe it has something to do that i conquered the NGF with Austria. (And i had some problems with those nasty rebels. Actually i have 5.4 million communists waiting for their chance to take over the country...)
4. Google "The Domination".

1. Wow
2. Ah
3. Oh, so for democracy, sorry I was playing german empire and never saw that. Also I know the modern german flag looks like that, but, for some reason, probably due to sleep deprivation at the time I saw the middle bar as green, which made me wonder what was going on, maybe my monitor was off.
4. So it's a mod based on a dystopian alt-history series?

Yeah, it'll be a mod based on a dystopia. But i'm still at the very beginning and due to university stuff i lack of time. :<

About Byzantium. The first conquest i made were Two Sicilies provinces. Later i went on conquering Italy. Italy was my both military and industrial base. Conquering Ottomans was surprisingly easy as all i needed to do in the beginning was blocking the Bosporus with manowars, then i conquered Egypt. It wasn't that difficult actually, Russia never posed a treat.

Draka by the way sound retarded. And looks equally as well.

I go in debts) It's as simple as that) In the beginning it was a common thing for my pour country but got better when i conquered some italian and core and non core ottoman provinces with factories and big population. And of course maximum tariffs and maximum taxes.

Before the latest patch I got all of Canada that was not under British control at the start I beta them out in every region since I did that I managed to keep the Rest of Britsh Canada from becoming an offcial state so I captured them and colonized them so there was like no British or Canadian population because they assimilated when they found themselves with no british holdings in North America to migrate to and I did really well with taking care of my people.

Before the latest patch I got all of Canada that was not under British control at the start I beta them out in every region since I did that I managed to keep the Rest of Britsh Canada from becoming an offcial state so I captured them and colonized them so there was like no British or Canadian population because they assimilated when they found themselves with no british holdings in North America to migrate to and I did really well with taking care of my people.

:'(

My Peru-Bolivia game on the most recent version of PDM. Fun things of note : The Austrian Congo, Guyana is not part of my empire, the colors are just really similar, tons of independent Russian minors

V2_MAP_PBC_19351230_3.jpg
Most of my home empire...most of Chile is cut off, but it all belongs to me. Pretty borders aside from Argentina and Uruguay controlled Patagonia, but I could never get Entre Rios to try and conquer Argentina, and Uruguay never fell to a revolution so I would've felt bad stomping on my long time (since 1836) ally
9D6BA36E15F8765D9C4CB6123D5FD4154A22D16D
Europe's borders are...ah interesting. Other choice words would be horrifically ugly, and "oh look at how horrifically partitioned France is!"
F42283386A2C0820D4B103A21A4030538F46DE21
North America after the second Andes-American Great War. The USA and I bickered constantly for control over Mexico and Central America. They had actually pushed Mexico back to historical post Mexican-American war borders at one point - I was at the time quite militarily backwards and couldn't stand up to them (they had gas attack, I hadn't researched any military techs), but after about 15 years of constant military research I was caught up enough to dismantle them in a Great War.
967CA13C25C98DAC50D0D2D9D4B8809828D0D0FF
Final pops
DFBABE43C50BE9B4F9F075FECBCCB9A605DD8C5C
Final GP list. Can't keep the USA and France down...even with both of their empires totally dismantled they're still solidly secondary powers
D358D575D366F577CC1AA5BDB2BE7517EF0DFC7C

Oh and my favorite bit from this game : Shortly after winning the American Civil War (the confederacy, despite my best attempts to keep them in my sphere), was reabsorbed in the 1890s) Robert E. Lee lands troops in northern Colombia to aid me in my conquest of the Colombian owned Amazon
2B420525C7D0E5CA497C56C727CA3CD6A418D649

Last edited:
Also Germany looks like they got defeated, and lost danzig and that area, then destroyed france. do you know who dismantled who? Russia got destroyed and is now covered in rebels, tatarstan is really strange just in the middle. The patriot rebels seem awful, look at the balkan and Poland. The white in africa is algeria or austrian africa? What governments do the US and CSA have? Wallonia and Poland are ranked really high for having such little territory.

Germany, Austria,(who had an interesting history of their own..they collapsed to rebels in the '40s and then managed to claw their way back into being a fairly major player) Denmark (large military, not much else, Scandinavia was eventually formed by Norway - though Denmark held a chunk of northern France until the unification) and myself dismantled France. Germany and Poland dismantled the Netherlands- I was technically involved in that war too, but my only real contribution was to have a bunch of my dreadnaughts be inexplicably destroyed by a giant ironclad fleet off the coast of Africa and then absorb 85% of the Netherlands' considerable colonial holdings.
Both the USA and the CSA are Fascist. The USA became fascist after our first great war, and the CSA became fascist about three months before the end of the game. Despite the fact that I still had most of my armies in CSA territory I just wasn't paying attention and the rebels toppled them. Wallonia and Poland both have silly prestige scores, and are both pretty heavily industrialized.

My Peru-Bolivia game on the most recent version of PDM. Fun things of note : The Austrian Congo, Guyana is not part of my empire, the colors are just really similar, tons of independent Russian minors

V2_MAP_PBC_19351230_3.jpg
Most of my home empire...most of Chile is cut off, but it all belongs to me. Pretty borders aside from Argentina and Uruguay controlled Patagonia, but I could never get Entre Rios to try and conquer Argentina, and Uruguay never fell to a revolution so I would've felt bad stomping on my long time (since 1836) ally
9D6BA36E15F8765D9C4CB6123D5FD4154A22D16D
Europe's borders are...ah interesting. Other choice words would be horrifically ugly, and "oh look at how horrifically partitioned France is!"
F42283386A2C0820D4B103A21A4030538F46DE21
North America after the second Andes-American Great War. The USA and I bickered constantly for control over Mexico and Central America. They had actually pushed Mexico back to historical post Mexican-American war borders at one point - I was at the time quite militarily backwards and couldn't stand up to them (they had gas attack, I hadn't researched any military techs), but after about 15 years of constant military research I was caught up enough to dismantle them in a Great War.
967CA13C25C98DAC50D0D2D9D4B8809828D0D0FF
Final pops
DFBABE43C50BE9B4F9F075FECBCCB9A605DD8C5C
Final GP list. Can't keep the USA and France down...even with both of their empires totally dismantled they're still solidly secondary powers
D358D575D366F577CC1AA5BDB2BE7517EF0DFC7C

Oh and my favorite bit from this game : Shortly after winning the American Civil War (the confederacy, despite my best attempts to keep them in my sphere), was reabsorbed in the 1890s) Robert E. Lee lands troops in northern Colombia to aid me in my conquest of the Colombian owned Amazon
2B420525C7D0E5CA497C56C727CA3CD6A418D649

Scandinavia, Germany, and Italy formed? Also do you modify anything to make it more likely for countries to declare independence?

And one day the Pope went pissed off and decided to kick some ass.
V2_MAP_PAP_193525_1.jpg

V2_MAP_PAP_193526_1.jpg

V2_15.jpg
V2_14-1.jpg

So what i have here is fascist Papal States (fuhrer and the Pope at the same time) with ridiculously large army (2218 brigades out of 3300) and completely civilized and highly industrialized Africa.

To the expected question of why didn't i for Italy - first of all, every moron can wait a few years until the Redshirts enforce their demands in some Parma or Modena and continue playing as Italy, but this is way cooler and much more challenging; secondly - fascist Papal States as a great power is ridiculous and insane and Italy is not, and it's totally not the way how i do things around here.

As for the borders they are quite strange. Brazil was completely raped by Argentina and at some point by Peru as well. Venezuela and Panama almost destroyed Columbia, Germany had it's ass kicked by Austria-Hungary several times, it was pretty bad. And fascist Russia for some reason didn't like Sweden very much. And of course the USA, that looks utterly ridiculous. Mexico is quite ugly but the 6th great power non the less.

Last edited: