• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My first completed game(full century.). Germany was easy enough(but fun; I really felt like a superpower). Now onto smaller and more difficult things!

acepilotf14_1307008072.png

acepilotf14_1307016409.jpg

Still - does Manifest Destiny fire for Texas and give cores on the American West?

I think it's only for the USA.

Code:
	manifest_destiny = {
		potential = {
			tag = USA
			NOT = {
				has_country_flag = hasmanifestdestiny
			}
		}
		allow = {
			romanticism = 1
			prestige = 50
		}
		effect = {
			set_country_flag = hasmanifestdestiny
			diplomatic_influence = {
				who = MEX
				value = -200
			}
			relation = {
				who = MEX
				value = -100
			}
			any_pop = {
				consciousness = 2
			}
			TEX_132 = {
				add_core = USA
			}
			MEX_103 = {
				add_core = USA
			}
			USA_129 = {
				add_core = USA
			}
			USA_106 = {
				add_core = USA
			}
			MEX_94 = {
				add_core = USA
			}
			USA_78 = {
				add_core = USA
			}
			USA_81 = {
				add_core = USA
			}
			USA_91 = {
				add_core = USA
			}
			MEX_85 = {
				add_core = USA
			}
			MEX_100 = {
				add_core = USA
			}

}
	}

Sadly I didn't get any manifest destiny event, I don't think the game developers really expected Texas to survive much less expand. I only had cores on Mexican Texas, I started the war originally to take back those provinces in El Paso and Laredo but after occuping New Mexico and Colorado I became a great power and was able to add war of unification war goals for the other states. I don't know how that really worked since the U.S. had cores on the states even though I didn't. I couldn't Unify confederate states that had the U.S. had a core on though.

Strange, in my Texan game I didn't get War of Unification CBs on Mexico.. but I get it on British Alaska, very usefull.. Luckily I got like 3-4 Aquire State CBs on Mexico via events, but it still isn't enough. I am wondering how will I annex them.. I will probably have to go over BB limit to do so. That's gonna be fun :)

Strange, in my Texan game I didn't get War of Unification CBs on Mexico.. but I get it on British Alaska, very usefull.. Luckily I got like 3-4 Aquire State CBs on Mexico via events, but it still isn't enough. I am wondering how will I annex them.. I will probably have to go over BB limit to do so. That's gonna be fun :)

Going over the BB limit is so naughty, but so liberating. I love it.

I know I did in my recent Dai Nam game - I got something crazy like 10 concessions from China to blow it straight out of the water. I'm almost pegged at 10 con now, but there are worse things. The UK started a containment war which they are losing badly.

Texas is part of the USA cultural union. So, anywhere that a non-USA country owns a USA core, Texas can do the War of Unification CB. This is just like Austria CBing Denmark for Schleswig-Holstein. You cannot, however use the War of Unification against any nation that is also part of your cultural union.

Thank for the explanation Marcus. I've just done some digging on the War of Unification CB and it seems that the country you're trying to dow has to be a great power. That would explain why I had it on British Alaska, but not on the Mexican states, as Mexico isn't a GP in my game. But then, I don't know why Austria can use the CB on Denmark. Or maybe I just misunderstood it and you have to be a GP..

Here's the code:
Code:
# Unification Demand State
        unification_casus_belli = {
	sprite_index = 5
	is_triggered_only = no
	months = 12

badboy_factor = 0
	prestige_factor = 1
	peace_cost_factor = 1
	penalty_factor = 1

break_truce_prestige_factor = 1
	break_truce_infamy_factor = 1
	break_truce_militancy_factor = 1
	truce_months = 12

good_relation_prestige_factor = 1
	good_relation_infamy_factor = 1
	good_relation_militancy_factor = 1

always = yes

is_valid = {
		culture_has_union_tag = yes
		THIS = {
			is_greater_power = yes
			is_cultural_union = no
		}
		NOT = {
			is_culture_group = THIS
		}
		number_of_states = 2
		any_state = {
			any_owned_province = {
				any_core = {
					this_culture_union = this_union
					is_cultural_union = yes
				}
			}
			not = { any_owned_province = { is_capital = yes } }
		}
	}
	allowed_states = {
		any_owned_province = {
			any_core = {
				this_culture_union = this_union
				is_cultural_union = yes
			}
		}
		not = { any_owned_province = { is_capital = yes } }
	}

po_demand_state = yes

war_name = WAR_UNIFICATION_NAME

on_add = {
		move_issue_percentage = { 
			from = jingoism 
			to = pro_military
			value = 0.1
		}
	}
}
And not to be so OT, here's my current "empire":

Yes, the borders are awful, but what can you do..

Last edited:
Those are the most ridiculous empires I have ever seen, ever.