• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What's up with your flags? Germany shouldn't use the Imperial flag for the democracy....

I'm not really sure whats wrong with the flags. The only thing I did was made 'German Empire' the name in a HM's Government.

Is that an Austrian dot between you and Czechoslovakia? And what the heck is that blue thing north of Tibet? I'll facepalm hardcore if it's a French colony.

Both Krakow and Poland exist as well.

And whoa, Portugal went berserk on Arabia.

Is that an Austrian dot between you and Czechoslovakia? And what the heck is that blue thing north of Tibet? I'll facepalm hardcore if it's a French colony.

Both Krakow and Poland exist as well.

And whoa, Portugal went berserk on Arabia.

Yep, its France :p. For some bizarre reason, France went on a conquest spree in my campaign. Fortunately, the only place they ended up conquering was a part of China. If not the map would look even more terrible.

I'm actually waiting for Poland to annex Krakow, but it hasn't happened yet.

There is a Romania problem.... How it can be fixed?

v262.png

My first game of Victoria 2 and my modest empire

Europe after the Great War:

Sweet! Nice to see the Great War mechanic in operation. Did Germany lose its African colonies, as well?

I can see I'll need to take a look at Czechoslovakia's release... or maybe it's just the cores. Those are some funky core placements, probably.

Sweet! Nice to see the Great War mechanic in operation. Did Germany lose its African colonies, as well?

I can see I'll need to take a look at Czechoslovakia's release... or maybe it's just the cores. Those are some funky core placements, probably.

I lost most of them, but I still have a few colonies here and there. Overall I think its a great mod. However, my only issue is that some of the cores (particularly in Austria-Hungary) are all over the place. I didn't check the text files, but shouldn't Austria-Hungary be dismantled completely? After the war, Europe was really a mess. Austria and Austria-Hungary were separate entities and Romania didn't get all of Sieburegen. And for some reason Russia got East Prussia, and I actually had to declare war on them to get it back. Did Russia have cores there?

However, my only issue is that some of the cores (particularly in Austria-Hungary) are all over the place.

Yeah, that does look a bit strange-- though it may have something to do with the way the cores are placed, I'm not sure. I might have to write an Austrian-specific dismantling event just like for some of the other GP's, as there's a lot which can go on there.

Part of what the mod does when it releases non-existing countries is it watches for those that are too large (like Hungary can be, since its cores cover half of Austria). If so, THAT country looks for additional countries it can release or cores it can return to neighbors. I think what I'll need to do is make sure that returned cores actually border the country in question... Siebenburgen obviously returned a state to Romania, but it was on the other side of the country. Will need to change that.

I didn't check the text files, but shouldn't Austria-Hungary be dismantled completely?

It looks pretty dismantled to me. Dismantling involves a massive reduction in prestige, giving cores back to all countries and handing over the majority (if not all) of your colonies. PDM also has the "No More War" modifier preventing the defeated country from declaring war on anyone for 10 years. That's not in the vanilla mod simply because I'd need to re-write the entire cb-types file, which I'd rather not do as many mods use their own version of that file-- so I just have the CB's which are additional.

After the war, Europe was really a mess. Austria and Austria-Hungary were separate entities

Ah, yes-- that's a vanilla thing, isn't it? I'm used to PDM, where Austrian cores are removed completely when A-H is formed, so I didn't remember this. So I suppose Austria got released from Austria-Hungary. I'll have to fix that, for sure.

and Romania didn't get all of Sieburegen.

It wouldn't unless it was part of the allies. If it was a neutral country, it only gets cores back if there's nothing else to be released there... so likely Siebenburgen got released as an independent country, instead.

And for some reason Russia got East Prussia, and I actually had to declare war on them to get it back. Did Russia have cores there?

I'm assuming Russia was one of the allies in the war against you. If so, as part of the treaty it receives cores on part of East Prussia (lands it owns today, unless I'm mistaken).

Any chance you have a screenshot of how the colonies got handed out? I've had several versions trying to make that reasonable, and I'm always interested to see how it's working.

Last edited:
Does the great war mod change your government type? Or was that just the rebels after?

Just the rebels after, though the plan is to implement a government change if the capital has been occupied. It's not easy, however, as the ability to tell even such basic things as who's the winner/loser in a war is not really there-- even the current Great Mod relies on the is_disarmed check (combined with countries the disarmed power is in a truce with... though technically they could have been at truce with them before the war began).

I don't want to take up this thread with a discussion on the Great War mod, though. There's a thread in the mod section for that. It was just nice to see someone using it.

Thats realy good going how did you beat the usa

I was allied with the USA and then they had the whole civil war that they dragged me into. I was able to sign a peace deal and take Louisana and Oklahoma from the CSA and then a couple years later the CSA went to war with me again to try and retake LA but I ended up winning and taking Arkansas from them as well. I think they got taken over by pan american nationalists or something and rejoined the Union. You can read about it in my AAR if you'd like.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?539662-The-Lone-StARR-A-Texas-Great-Power

I finally decided to not bring this to an end. This is my game as Prussia > Greater Germany... and as I wasted nealry no diplomatic points after unifying (~1845) I should be able to do a world conquest.
But i just waited really long with attacking the UK and now (its 1894) I dont have any interest in that massive wars...

Game was played with 1.3, another point for stopping that cause 1.4 beta looks really attractive to me.

v24w.jpg

v2mapger1894481.jpg

And yeah, that the flag of the German Empire while Im a democracy...

How did you keep the various powers (Mostly France and the UK) from colonizing inside Africa? Or did you take all the colonies as they appeared? That's one of those theaters I despise.

How did you keep the various powers (Mostly France and the UK) from colonizing inside Africa? Or did you take all the colonies as they appeared? That's one of those theaters I despise.
I had noticed that the UK normally starts pretty late with colonizing... this game it was the same, the only enemy there was France. First, i got their north african colonies. Then i stopped researching about 1865, getting Machine Guns and the +1 National Focus just in January 1970, so i could colonice nearly all of the african coast. The only problem were France which started to colonize some area in indonesia as well as djibuti from their Indian possession (Pondcherry)... so i grabbed all their non-european lands in my next war against them.