+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 26 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 76 101 126 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3110

Thread: Post Your vanilla Victoria II Empire

Germany 1891, I went straight to Greater Germany as a Prussia. Full pic
    Last edited by Vieras; 14-02-2011 at 15:53.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Here's my German empire as of 1917.

Just got another CB on France and think I might grab the rest of Madagascar.

The World

Politics

All the cool kids are in the SPD!

Great Powers

Should have sphered China faster. I think GB's run away with this.

Germany at peace
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Great Britain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieras View Post

Mexico when constant rebellions made playing too fustrating.
    That is a sexy Mexico.
    I love playing as Mexico, i find it an interesting country in historical terms.
    I played a Mexican game and instead of going how you did, i went straight up the western coast, backed the CSA, then by the end of the game i owned Alaska and British columbia in the north (fought the British for it) and i pushed south all the way to Panama.
    Shame i don't have the screenshot :/ i lost a bunch of files.
    Irishman in Yorkshire.

Fangathering Mainstay Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

My latest game. First time in ages I've seen the UK expand north from India, hasn't hapened for around ten games.

Attachment 32386Attachment 32387Attachment 32385
    Last edited by RedRalphWiggum; 15-02-2011 at 21:26.

Took Karelia off the Russians... jumped ahead of them in the table shortly afterwards.

1885 and UK hasn't cracked 10k industry and Russia isn't competitive with France. Oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by Talq View Post
    1885 and UK hasn't cracked 10k industry and Russia isn't competitive with France. Oh my...
    What's wrong with the UK not having cracked 10k? also, Russia doing so badly is largely down to me...

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    What's wrong with the UK not having cracked 10k? also, Russia doing so badly is largely down to me...
    Seems odd to me, too; UK seems untouchable to me until China civilises/becomes competetive; although in my game, Russia is perfectly capable of sabotaging himself!

The point being that my game is a different version to 1.2. I'm trying to illustrate that the version we have, no country is anywhere near as dominant as the UK tends to be in 1.2.

This is good to see, and nice sphere you have going there.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    I guessed it was from a 1.3 beta. Industry scores look to be lot lower across the board, the UK is actually not dominating industry, and in 1.2 Russia tends to be 2 or 3 in industry from game start through its 'demote all its peasants to craftsman' trick, which does not seem to have happened in your game. For reference, I looked at a 1883 save of my most recent game, the UK had 8000, Russia (who has done virtually nothing) was 2nd with 3000 and 7 countries had over 900 industry. I like your version.

Personally (this isn't a hint as to what our version is like, this is just me thinking out loud) I like serious variation as to how the AI performs, with the proviso that it's plausible. I'd like Germany, the UK, the US and France to do well almost all the time. I'd like the Russians, Turks and Austrians to sometimes turns it around and do well, sometimes fall out of the GPs altogether. And so on. By its nature the pecking order in V2 changes a lot less from start to end than in EU3, but I think the right balance is near as to how the various countries perform.

Japan wasn't guaranteed a Meiji Restoration, nor was Persia guaranteed not to have one of its own. Any game can always be better balanced, but bearing in mind that you cannot always please everyone, I suspect people will generally be happy with the balance side of the new patch.

Remember, those are my opinions and my opinions alone. I don't speak for anyone else.

Speaking of that Persia thing, could they not have a very, very, VERY rare event, unlocking a generic Meiji Restoration for uncivs? Enough that it doesn't happen all that often, but enough that it happens enough that people notice.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Zoviet View Post
    Speaking of that Persia thing, could they not have a very, very, VERY rare event, unlocking a generic Meiji Restoration for uncivs? Enough that it doesn't happen all that often, but enough that it happens enough that people notice.
    As someone who plays Persia, it is not challenging to civilize after you research Freedom of Trade. The Soldier POPs literally breed yourself the necessary Mil score and the prestige from beating down the nearby uncivs should be enough.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMagickaVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

My Italy before the game got too laggy

Quote Originally Posted by ingwaz View Post
    My Italy before the game got too laggy
    Seems like it's not only a personal problem. :/

That's a pretty impressively-sized Italy.

Late-game performance issues are supposed to be addressed in the upcoming 1.3 patch.

Perhaps, but it doesn't matter if it's necessary. It adds a fun, unstable, and to my knowledge plausible, element to a game.

Is posting images on this forum different than for others? I keep trying to put imageshack links in the proper image tags, and I'm still not getting anything to show up.

Behold the lamest country in the world becoming a great power.

The screen was taken when i was about to form India.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 26 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 76 101 126 151 ... LastLast