• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i don't understand how you people got a high industrial score

Have you modded your game? Bear in mind these are fairly late-game scores for big countries. As such, an industrial score in the range 5-10,000 isn't unusual.

Good to see this thread back in action. I'll paste my 1917 German Empire here tonight.

in my game (1898) i have great germany (germany + all of austria) also i have almost all africa. I have 11000 industrial score. Britain has 9000 because i released canada ,yunan and an indian minor. If i had conquered korea and parts of japan ,instead of spending my infamy into wallonie and east switzerland i would have more than 14000 ind score

1.) Start with a European power or USA.
2.) Stick on one end of the economic spectrum (LF/Interventionism or SC/PE). Moving around too much will screw your economy up.
3.) Buff population, either by taking overpopulated chunks of Asia, passing health reform, or going all out on immigration (US).
4.) Don't fall behind on industrial techs.

That's pretty much it.

My first game in V2, made lots of mistakes, didn't gamely pass health reforms early...
My sphere was South America, Mexico, Portugal and Sweden
posting it because by some miracle I was able to surpass the industrial score of UK and become the #1 in that field with Brazil, without ever confronting them. Of course I was hopelessly behind in army and naval techs. Their military score was completely insane though, I tried to battle them just to see what would happen and had 100k stacks of doom roaming against me everywhere.
v2mapbrz19294261.jpg

v221g.jpg

v219.jpg

v218k.jpg

My land was also one of plentifulness and abundance:
v215.jpg

And I think THAT is rare: :eek:
v217.jpg

My French empire posted a little earlier has an industrial score of 102,812 in Jan 1910. :eek:

My French empire posted a little earlier has an industrial score of 102,812 in Jan 1910. :eek:

100k is insane, but industrial score mostly has to do with how early you pass health care reforms, and how early other big powers (UK in particular) do the same. If overpopulation is massive, it'll go through the roof. It aslo helps to be at least interventionist though to get a score that high would take a ton of manual effort if you weren't going LF/Inteventioninst.

V2_MAP_GER_1913621_1.png

The German Empire, now in gaudy hot pink/magenta! I painted my sphere nations with magenta dots over their capitals, but this hasn't come out very well thanks to photobucket's auto-resize. So...

influence.png

The Glorious Empire of (Austria-)Germany, its Colonies, Dependencies, & Tributary Nations
(not shown: Greenland (Denmark), Luang Prabang (indep.), St. Thomas (Germany))

...on the conclusion of the war against Spain (Bourgois Dictatorship!) and Turkey, in which Peoples were Freed (Greece gained W. Macedonia, having taken Thessalia and E. Macedonia in previous wars; Albania became independent of OE; Kermanshah returned to Persia (prev. occupied by Turkey) and Germany gets a new gold mine (Taza)).
China has recently civilised, knocking Spain off the GP table, and Japan saw the Meiji Restoration shortly afterwards.
May I also draw your attention to: Argentina, or what remains of it. Fell to a Communist revolution in the latter part of the last century... its neighbours (chiefly Chile and Peru, but also Bolivia and Brazil) didn't like this, and so have been carving up its territories between them. Then there was another (Fascist) revolution, but this proved no more popular, and it is predicted that the nation of Argentina will be wiped from the face of all world maps on the expiration of its current truce agreements.

GPs:
1. UK (as mentioned, wp out of its last two wars: annexation of Johore and containment of France. I strongly suspect it has yet to modernise its fleets from mano'wars and frigates)
2. USA (ACW didn't last long... at all)
3. German Empire
4. France (slapped down by US after it got greedy with wargoals during the fight for A-L)
5. Russia ([02] DAYS since last Communist rebellion...)
6. China (first action on becoming westernised: war of annexation vs. Kutch(?!); result: white peace)
7. Netherlands (greedily fending off all attempts to sphere Belgium, Portugal and Brazil)
8. Mexico (peaceful nation with respectable clique of central American nations; slowly giving ground to US expansion)

Why did you let modena get or keep part of pommerania

Last edited:
The New(since my failed AAR) Belgian Empire in 1876;

(using AoC + a few homebrew mods)

Right-click and select view for full size.

v2mapbel18761252.png

Stripes denote sphere of influence. The double width stripes over (Greater) California denote that it is a satellite. :D

And here is the wider world;
v2mapbel18761251.png

The great powers are;
1. UK
2. France
3. USA
4. Prussia
5. Belgium
6. Austria
7. CSA
8. Hannover

Interesting. Didn't want to get mexico or alaska?
For Mexico, I didn't intervene in the Texas War of Independence (which Mexico won, BTW) and consequently there was no Mexican-American War. Besides, I was constantly anti-slavery in my policies (escaped slaves always stayed in the free states, to list one example), so I naturally favored expansion to the north as opposed to the south.

As for Alaska, I did want to get it, but I didn't research the needed ideological techs in time to enact the "Seward's Icebox" policy. :( On the positive note, I'm a long time-ally of Colombia, which means I was able to get the Panama Canal without a shot being fired.

Here's my latest game from testing a mod I'm working on. Taken before I released by Dominions. Using VRRP.

The games been terribly peaceful; not sure if giving China the Peace for our Time decision like Unit would effect France not trying to conquer bits of Spain etc

Interesting bits;
  • The USA lost 6.5k Ind. points when it entered hyperdepression, it's on its way out with Brazil climbing to #8.
  • Japan waged a 15 year war against Iberia over Nejd; occupied all their colonies and half of mainland Iberia then White peaced! Stupid AI!
  • Italy was formed by me and hovers between #10-11 alternating with the Dutch.
  • Russia is a monster; soon to be #1 once I release the dominions (losing around 6k Ind. score from it )
  • Austria-Hungary has been a juggernaut since game start; she's been #2-3 most of the game with France only recently beating her down to 4th
  • Iberia outindustrialized Germany.
  • Afghanistan westernized randomly, as did Korea. With Korea now being #14.
  • Australia is 25% Japanese, as is Paris.

V2_MAP_ENG_189359_1.jpg

Small changes and a lot of intervention; I am also playing the behemoth, they wont do much if I'm sniffing around.

Spain starts at war with Moroco, France with Algeria; so that tidied that bit up. China, and most of east asia can't be attacked.
France gets given a CB on Dai Nam, if she succeeds she gets historic indo-china either through war or concession events. As you can see the AI chose to eat Siam rather than take just the Siam-French concessions.
Japan and Russia start off with their borders at Sahaklin and the Kurils, to keep Spain out of there. It also helped Japan westernise since Russia bordered her AI Russia "bought" her research points.
The US asked me to help fight Mexico, I assumed War leader and demanded it hand over the USA cores.
Russia took Kars and them never bothered the turks again, blame the AI choosing to invade Germany and Austria every 5 years only to be beaten back by the Franco-Austrian-German-Italian alliance.
I intervened in the French conquests of Iberia but thats about it. The current recession is probably screwing up their ability to wage war; most of the arms industry collapsed so since I'm in the middle of upgrading my 500 strong fleet theres no spare weapons for them. Or China's 1.5k Mil score scares them? idk

Port Arthur, Hong Kong and Shanghai were bought through decisions; allowing the AI to get concession off of a war-proof China. Germany is broke so it wont try to buy a small coastal province, and I havent added any of the others yet.

I just need to make my 150k unemployed crafties in London move to say Australia where theirs plenty of jobs and an empty gold RGO if they want to be labourers

Last edited:
Why did you let modena get or keep part of pommerania
They asked for it when I first went to war with Prussia (Saxony and Bavaria made significant conquests, too). I don't have a major problem with them holding onto the territory, as they've always been deep in my sphere: I could probably make better use of the pops there (still being predominantly N.German) and I do have CB against them, but at the minute I don't feel it's high enough on the priority list to go to the trouble of dissolving the alliance, declaring war, squashing them, making peace, etc.
...in any case, is it even possible for sphere leaders to declare war on nations in their sphere? I know sphere minors can't declare wars within spheres...