• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not the most impressive, and i'd wager many people out there will do a better job at this, but this was my attempt with Greece > Byzantium. I've applied a couple of minor bugfixes (Jacobin bug, Officer-typo in Clergy Promo Bug, and changing the Alaska decision to cede all Russian territory in America to the US), but otherwise this is unmodded.

V2_MAP_BYZ_19351227_1.jpg

V2_MAP_BYZ_19351227_2.jpg

ByzzyEndScore.jpg

Infamy is something over 500... :p Started blitzing people around 1919 (Tanks Aeroplanes and tons of Military techs ftw), but didn't resort to breaking truces.

Not the most impressive, and i'd wager many people out there will do a better job at this, but this was my attempt with Greece > Byzantium. I've applied a couple of minor bugfixes (Jacobin bug, Officer-typo in Clergy Promo Bug, and changing the Alaska decision to cede all Russian territory in America to the US), but otherwise this is unmodded.

Infamy is something over 500... :p Started blitzing people around 1919 (Tanks Aeroplanes and tons of Military techs ftw), but didn't resort to breaking truces.

Good one. I formed the Byzzies too a while back, but I only finished third. I see that you have about twice as much population as I had, with only slightly more land (I didn't go as far south into Africa and didn't go into Persia since I wanted to stay within the historical borders of the Byzantine Empire). I'm guessing you somehow got healthcare early, maybe with the phony war exploit?

EDIT: The UK in my game got almost 94k in score btw, one of the highest scores I've ever seen them get.

Last edited:
Looks like a wolf is rising out of tibet to bite the Russians.

is this a modded game?
because how i've never seen the ai forming india

I helped India form in that Byzantine game. I wanted to be able to conquer the Roman portion of the British Isles so I fought probably 5 wars against the UK in order to place them solely on their island, thereby finally being able to annex their homeland.

Wow, good job beating the UK without actually taking territory off them!

Funny that the Austrians don't even rate SP status.

I've found in my last couple of games the UK seems to stall Industry-wise on 15k or so. I think it's partly because they get stuck with a State Capitalist party and they refuse to upgrade all their factories themselves, meaning they never put their craftsmen to use. I've loaded up as them for example and saw Delhi with 300k unemployed Craftsmen, yet all the factories bar one were Level 1. I also beat them score-wise as Scandinavia without ever fighting them, and I managed 90k there. In both of those games the UK only managed 4th in Industry. But equally in one of my early campaigns they were on about 50-60k total score with 20 years left to play, so i've seen both sides of the coin.

As for Austria, they wern't even a GP when I started going to war with them. Columbia displaced them at around 1915. I actually had to prevent the NGF from Sphering them beforehand just to prevent them intervening. But the reason they don't rate SP is three successive total occupations and total army destructions, aswell as them falling to Communist Rebels. That pretty much destroyed both their Prestige and their Industry.

Good one. I formed the Byzzies too a while back, but I only finished third. I see that you have about twice as much population as I had, with only slightly more land (I didn't go as far south into Africa and didn't go into Persia since I wanted to stay within the historical borders of the Byzantine Empire). I'm guessing you somehow got healthcare early, maybe with the phony war exploit?

Yes, I maxed out healthcare fairly early. Though I had less phony wars and more party-switching (Greece has such massive Jingoistic support at the beginning you can rack up enough militancy with that). It also helped that since I completely demolished the Ottomans, their maxed out war exhaustion essentially meant they passed every single social reform, including healthcare, so most Ottoman provinces I conquered had overinflated population already. It's gamey yes, and if people want to criticise me doing it I understand why, but I felt it nescessary to try and build up enough populace in my original provinces to give me enough soldiers to take down the Ottomans. If I hadn't done that i'd have likely resorted to taking Eygpt for the manpower, something that I didn't do until after forming Byzantium only so I could form it earlier.

Yes, I maxed out healthcare fairly early. Though I had less phony wars and more party-switching (Greece has such massive Jingoistic support at the beginning you can rack up enough militancy with that). It also helped that since I completely demolished the Ottomans, their maxed out war exhaustion essentially meant they passed every single social reform, including healthcare, so most Ottoman provinces I conquered had overinflated population already. It's gamey yes, and if people want to criticise me doing it I understand why, but I felt it nescessary to try and build up enough populace in my original provinces to give me enough soldiers to take down the Ottomans. If I hadn't done that i'd have likely resorted to taking Eygpt for the manpower, something that I didn't do until after forming Byzantium only so I could form it earlier.

Ah, I thought so. I guess that'd make it significantly easier (though still a nice challenge of course). I never did any of that in my game, instead going for the Egyptian route as well as getting a big navy to keep the bulk of the Ottoman army at the east side of the Bosphorus while I took their western holdings.

My Sweden --> Scandinavia game 1896. i am #3 in the world, behind #1 germany and #2 uk. playing pdm 2.something... My sphere consists of: spain, portugal, poland, lithuania, switzerland, brazil, columbia, luang prabang, cambodia maybe some others im forgetting.

As you can see i have holdings all over the world: most of africa and the levant, southeast and east asia is totally dominated by me. Though the netherlands retains indonesia they are a total nonfactor in global politics. I also recently took over panama when i saw the US was starting to build a canal there. This was pretty dumb as i took a huge research hit and am not even sure if the canal is still being built... i expected to inherit the event chain but that has not happened....

v2mapsca1896712.jpg

http://img42.imageshack.us/i/v2mapsca1896712.jpg/

As of now the principle foreign policy goal is creating a strong poland, and eventually baltic states. Germany is a monster as you can see and has fought three wars with austria, gobbling up 2 states each time. I met the most recent aggression not by jumping in on austria's side (everyone was fighting for sphere control of austria so i could not get friendly) i used a free poland war goal, but in a huge and manpower draining war i was forced to accept a white peace and failed to prevent germany from inheriting its 5th and 6th austrian province. I just started my third war with russia to free its remaining polish provinces. Germany still has 40 war exhaustion from our last war so i feel more or less safe on that front. about 2/3 of my 350 brigades are in poland/invading russia.

strategicsituation.png

http://img842.imageshack.us/i/strategicsituation.png/

i kept everybody out of the rest of africa... but west africa was up for grabs and everybody got a share...

westafrica.png

http://img205.imageshack.us/i/westafrica.png/
j
ust prior to my war with germany we had actually teamed up to defend china from britain. that is part of why they have only expanded north.

asiasituation.png

http://img51.imageshack.us/i/asiasituation.png/

for some reason my pictures weren't showing up so i supplied the imageshack links... hope thats ok.

Last edited:
Not the most impressive, and i'd wager many people out there will do a better job at this, but this was my attempt with Greece > Byzantium.
You sir have my admiration.

thanks... think the color was a part of the pdm mod. not positive though, i've been playing this game for a long time doing an insane amount of micromanagement. modernizing my armies and such...

I don't know if it's all the times I played Risk as a kid, but I really like to unify entire continents. So, here's my United States of the Americas. I've gotten every little island now, in 1902.

usaworld.jpg

Ah, but you didn't take Greenland; that's part of North America.

Ah, but you didn't take Greenland; that's part of North America.

Not in this game, it's part of the same state as Iceland so I'd have to take that too, and it's definately not in America. Though I guess it'd look better if I took it, I guess you can release Iceland in-game?

So, this really bugged me, so I went back and captured Greenland and released Iceland. Annoyingly though, I couldn't get rid of Faeroe Islands. And stupid NGF wanted 47 warscore for Greenland & Iceland, had to kill like 100 brigades of them and spend like a year. Also, Ethiopia civilized during the war, that was kind of cool.

usaend2.jpg

Have a pop overview screen? It's just one of those things I'd be a little curious in seeing. Same with a GP screen. Looks like a good game though.

GP screen is in my original post here. GP India, also NZ and Australia secondary powers; the UK has been in perpetual revolt after repeatedly destroying their armies.

here's the gp list from my sweden pdm game:

gp1901.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

as of now i'm still shipping troops all the way around europe, but this shows a couple of my plans... not sure if either is worth it.... :

currentsituation.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

to be clear, one option, we'll call it option A, is to take american africa, which is basically the western chunk of modern algeria and the morroccan port of tarfaya and that other little port. This would unify my isolated chunk of algeria, and would allow me to not have to send my african generated troops to cairo, then around europe in order to kill germans :)

option b would be to free the chunk outlined in red under poland. i could free either romania or ukraine. this would cut the supply line from cairo to the baltic probably in half at least. The majority of my fresh armies come from asia, so option A would not have much effect for korean and japanese troops.

All this is for the inevitable doomsday against germany.

Last edited: