• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Empire of Japan - 1936
japan1936.jpg

Could have scored more here, but thought I'd share this for a number of reasons.

Firstly, this might be the highest GB end-of-game score we've seen so far! I ended up SoI-ing China to put a stop to their expansion, which also put a stop to mine, but it was getting difficult to keep Britain from 'Friendly' status and at one point I had to concede defeat to them when they intervened in one of my Chinese wars.

economyjap1936.jpg

Of note here is that I've hit maximum research points! Having four NFs on clerks for 40 years paid off in the end, as did running 100% education spending for far too long.

Also, I'm basically running an entire empire off the profits of my gold mines, and of that Caozhou in China accounts for around 80%.

I'd like to add that I've been Liberal and Laissez-Faire for the past three decades and it's been pretty good economically. My factories tanked initially when subsidies were withdrawn, but since then the strong have survived with the result that my overall economy's much healthier. Being Liberal has also let me pass all the political reforms except for changes to the voting system (I did get as far as Weighted Wealth and would have got Wealth in 1936).

The Americas
japannoram1936.jpg

I managed to snag the Panama canal and have pretty much all of South America SoI-ed (except for fiercely-contested Brazil). Apart from the normal oddities of Russian North America, the Manhattan Commune and British-controlled New England that's a fairly successful US (more successful than me in fact as GP #2).

In South America, Argentina went on a conquering spree that only finished when I SoI-ed its neighbours. I'd already SoI-ed Argentina itself, so I think it was just having fun under a bigger boy's protection.

Asia, Europe and Africa
japaneurasiaafrica1936.jpg

Aside from mega-UK it's been an interesting game. The North German Federation formed late (~1920s) and promptly got itself into another war with France which lost it the just-conquered Rhineland. That wouldn't have been so bad, but Austria opportunisitically declared war too and nabbed two states.

Spain made the mistake of declaring war on Japanese SoI-ed Oman, which ended with me taking Abu Dhabi from them. They then turned round and declared war on Japanese SoI-ed Siam, which ended with me taking Brunei. Net result: three oil producing provinces to Japan and Spain too chastened to try anything else.

Japan's incursion into China came as a result of having war declared on me as soon as I had annexed Korea (in the 1860s). This played out rather like the 20th-century version of the Korean War, with Chinese troops streaming over the Yalu and my forces falling back to the south, abandoning Seoul and the north. Fortunately, I was able to use my naval dominance to enforce a blockade and occupy Hainan and Formosa and win enough battles to get China to cede the latter to me in the peace.

China declared war on me another couple of times, each time losing states until they decided enough was enough. I then tried to take a province off them when they were fighting Britain, only for the Red Devil to annex two states and then declare a status quo war against me.

I might have been able to win if I'd have mobilised, but I didn't have the patience. Instead I conceded them the win, waited five years, jockeyed for position in the SoI game, banned them, dropped them to cordial and took the states I wanted in the first place. Very satisfying.

After that (it was already about 1910) I concentrated on internal affairs. The lost war against GB had allowed me to introduce landed voting and with it Prussian Constitutionalism and I assiduously cultivated a Liberal electorate and began to reform, which neatly did away with the revolts I'd been suffering.

All in all it's been a blast, though perhaps next time I'll drum up the courage to take on Britain.

Sounds like a really interesting game you had, nice stuff :)

V2_9.jpg

My last world domination game as Austria -> Germany. Changed the end date to 1999 to give me an extra 60 years or so of game time. The black on the map below is not 'uninhabited' but German territory. I changed the country's color code to make it easier to see when zoomed out. There are less than 30 countries remaining on the map so I eventually became bored and ended around 1965.

V2_MAP_GER_196346_1.jpg

I felt a sudden inspiration after playing New Vegas for countless hours, here is the result :p

V2_1.jpg

V2_3.jpg

The result being a utterly messed up North America! :O The Confederate States has more population and a larger military force than the United States :p
I myself have a conciderably large force. I managed to beat the British twice, Mexicans three times and Americans two times! :D It took forever to get a stabil population growth, but with my rapid expansion my republic holds a total population of 15.8 million citizens!

I felt a sudden inspiration after playing New Vegas for countless hours, here is the result :p

*snip*

The result being a utterly messed up North America! :O The Confederate States has more population and a larger military force than the United States :p
I myself have a conciderably large force. I managed to beat the British twice, Mexicans three times and Americans two times! :D It took forever to get a stabil population growth, but with my rapid expansion my republic holds a total population of 15.8 million citizens!

I did the same thing! I will post mine once I'm done with my game.

V2_9.jpg

My last world domination game as Austria -> Germany. Changed the end date to 1999 to give me an extra 60 years or so of game time. The black on the map below is not 'uninhabited' but German territory. I changed the country's color code to make it easier to see when zoomed out. There are less than 30 countries remaining on the map so I eventually became bored and ended around 1965.

V2_MAP_GER_196346_1.jpg

Where is GB?
Edit: oh.

The UK was taken apart piece by piece. Hyderabad gained all of their Indian territory and I gained their African and American territory. After forming Germany and conquering Italy and the Balkans, I became bored so I decided to try to force BYZ to form by destroying everyone above Greece in rank. Even with my direct help, I still couldn't get them to form BYZ by the time I quit.

The UK was taken apart piece by piece. Hyderabad gained all of their Indian territory and I gained their African and American territory. After forming Germany and conquering Italy and the Balkans, I became bored so I decided to try to force BYZ to form by destroying everyone above Greece in rank. Even with my direct help, I still couldn't get them to form BYZ by the time I quit.

How was the lag?

Go check out the page for my mod to see. :D

Unfortunately some of us are permanently banned from the mod forum, but I would be rather interested to see what you used for cultures as well as flags. I would assume that your primary culture is 'caribeno' but what of accepted? And the flags I'm sure are quite interesting.

Well I found a way to remove almost all lag from the game, but I'm sure that revealing it on the forum would cause wide spread ranting and raving as well as people getting rather upset.
Let me guess, when you controlled most of the world you had units only being 1/100th of the possible level they could be and they were still more than any other military force in the game?

No I kept a good supply of soldiers at all times. I kept a stack of 30,000+ in each capital that I conquered. As for Africa, I had 5 armies in Egypt, 5 spread across west Africa, and at least 8 south of the Sahara. I also keep a double defensive line on the border with USA and the border that stretched from the Persian Gulf to Vladivostok.

Unfortunately some of us are permanently banned from the mod forum, but I would be rather interested to see what you used for cultures as well as flags. I would assume that your primary culture is 'caribeno' but what of accepted? And the flags I'm sure are quite interesting.
Primary culture is Caribeno, and Ill probably keep it that way since it seems to work well enough.
I pulled some pics for you from my thread.
piratebanner.png

polparties.png

Normal or Monarchy Flag.
PIR-1.jpg

Republic Flag.
PIR_republic.jpg

Fascist Flag (Blackbeard's flag!)
PIR_facist.png

Communist Flag
PIR_communist.jpg

FOY.png

An Update for Mega-Germany - 1900.

So I reconquered most of Austria's Empire, as well as colonizing more than anything else. In the massive revolt of 1897-1899, The Communists overthrew the Kaiser (Like I even tried to oppose it anyway XD) Also swiped Western Australia from GB, Took over Ukraine and about to invade Romania for Wallachia...I believe I have around 900-1k Infamy now XD.

Somehow, after around 30 years of uninterrupted domination, the UK has somehow kicked me down back to #2...probably the Industry...

V2_MAP_GER_1900118_1.jpg

V2_MAP_GER_1900118_2.jpg

V2_31.jpg