• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bear in mind that this was one man's game in - what - ten thousand? In my game I barely managed to white peace with Mexico, let alone even consider any sort of gallivanting about Canada. But then again I'm a Victoria n00b.
It should basically be impossible, though. Such an early war with the UK should mean your entire coast is blockaded, pops can't get their needs filled and get pissed and rebel, 100k troops invade from canada, and then 50k troops land in your capital after the royal navy kills your navy. UK was an absolute monster in vicky 1, as it should be. Is the AI simply not garrisoning Canada at all? Or does the UK just have no troops or something? Really makes no sense.

Maybe all their forces are on the border with China? I mean China has hundreds of divisions, so they are probably massing a bunch on the border, which then makes the UK AI mass all of its divisions there as well.

When Mexico and the Civil War popped in, all major British armies in Canada were defeated. They also only came in with fleets of 4 ships which were easy to dispatch. But most of their forces were busy fighting Liberia and USCA which were my allies.

It's quite easy actually. Research Romanticism first so you can get the Manifest Destiny decision, then go to war with Mexico with a goal like "reclaim core: Texas", then keep destroying their armies and occupying their land, adding more and more "reclaim core" war goals until you fully occupy them and can take all of the now-US west coast. Remember not to make them slave states or they might join the CSA.

But I cant chance wargoals after the war only peace offer and demand options letf = S

Is this because of starting wars to free states ?

What is reclaim core is this something opened after manifest destiny ?

Also which year you started the war I ask this cause unlit 1940 Usa armies cant manage to hold aganist mexico(first fighting good but then mexican reinforcements too many.Which date you start the war and with how many divisions ?

It should basically be impossible, though. ... UK was an absolute monster in vicky 1, as it should be. Is the AI simply not garrisoning Canada at all? Or does the UK just have no troops or something? Really makes no sense.

My thoughts as well ... I'll hold my tongue as I have not seen it myself but I'm cautiously apprehensive at the moment. The great AAR with Japan first had me a bit worried seeing such an early Japan slug China, and now with a USA which in 15 short years can unite the continent, thrash the worlds super power, and annex most of Canada and Mexico ... I'm crossing my fingers for just a fluke game scenario. Keep the maps coming!

Played the tutorials last night....really good they were. Best tutorials for a Paradox game i've seen.

Going to get into the demo properly tonight.....already got Zulu on in the background on my DVD player too ahahahah :D

My thoughts as well ... I'll hold my tongue as I have not seen it myself but I'm cautiously apprehensive at the moment. The great AAR with Japan first had me a bit worried seeing such an early Japan slug China, and now with a USA which in 15 short years can unite the continent, thrash the worlds super power, and annex most of Canada and Mexico ... I'm crossing my fingers for just a fluke game scenario. Keep the maps coming!

You also have to consider that people are playing the demo and don't have to worry about the long-term effects of their actions. They're not worried about consolidating, just conquering. In real life, the US probably could have taken that much, but it wouldn't have been able to hold it at that time. I'm guessing that because of the rapid expansion, if someone played any longer than the demo, they'd lose much of their gains.

You also have to consider that people are playing the demo and don't have to worry about the long-term effects of their actions. They're not worried about consolidating, just conquering. In real life, the US probably could have taken that much, but it wouldn't have been able to hold it at that time. I'm guessing that because of the rapid expansion, if someone played any longer than the demo, they'd lose much of their gains.
Who would they lose them to? Rebels? They just crushed the #1 world power. Theres no "omg i better tread carefully or the UK will come pwn me" like vicky 1

i was able to get all my colonies (go for washington first) and win the war with mexico while taking mexican texas, then using the event that gives me cores i nabbed cuba. everything was looking dandy and then i rushed Mexico to try and take california but i got my ass whooped. Thinking back i should have just added more war goals in the first war. :wacko:

I did have a lot of jacobin rebels keep spawning so i think my country might have imploded if i played any longer!

All in all im a little overwhelmed but slowly understanding, i think im going to love this one.

Come on guys, post some empires, not just talk :) !

How did you managed to took west coast from Mexico I mean it looks imposibble until 1948 after that time Usa army gets really strong but civil war starts(usually at the end of 1948) and army numbers falls again.When I finish civil war the game is about to end so I cant manage to take west coast...

Which strategy you used please tell ?

I built several armies consisting of 1cav 1art and 4inf. They attacked on two fronts, from Texas and from the north into California, whenever I encountered a large enemy formation I would send multiple armies after it, hunting it until it was completely destroyed, even if it ment going deep into enemy territory, as I went I dropped off single inf units to secure enemy terriyory behind the front lines, classic blitzkriegish :D . Eventually Mexicos back broke.

Last edited:
Who would they lose them to? Rebels? They just crushed the #1 world power. Theres no "omg i better tread carefully or the UK will come pwn me" like vicky 1

Where did he crush GB? All I see is a screenshot, where the player took a few provinces from GB in canada with around 50K population.
He said that he couldn't take the rest of canada because GB was amassing troops there:
I was going to invade British Canada next, but they had tons of troops over there and mine were going to take a long time to reinforce from the Mexico war, I wouldn't have made it in time for the game to end.
Who knows, maybe the brits were preparing for a counter attack when the demo ended. That and a mexican nationalistic revolt would probably crush the USA.

Here's mine.

v2mapusa1850.jpg

I defended Texas from the start and it joined us, then colonized all the uncolonized US land, then Britain suddenly declared war for Washington.
The war was going well, and then Mexico attacked to take back Texas, and then the Civil War started. I went for the Union because I made lots of armies, I defeated Britain and took Jamaica and made them release Newfoundland, I took Mexican Texas and New Mexico from Mexico, and annexed the CSA, then the game ended :eek:o

Errrr.....how did Russia end up with Greenland and Iceland? :confused: