• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Playing with this mod. I started out as Bengal, which is a three-province minor (provinces, not states) that starts out civilized, but surrounded by the much, much larger Mughal Empire. It starts out being fairly difficult, but after a certain point you become all but unstoppable.

V2_MAP_HND_1854419_1.jpg

It's definitely easier to form than in vanilla, because the Europeans have very little land in India and the land that they do have is split up between Scandinavia, Burgundy, the Dual Monarchy (France and England), and Spain. At this point, being civilized and in control of all of India, I'm pretty much unstoppable.

the Boer Republic/State . . .as of 1900. At 27 badboy points, though, I won't be conquering more for the rest of the game, so this is the end-point, I suppose.

I have enjoyed watching the comparison of your "Colonial Boer Invaders" vs my "Mighty Zulu" in a side-by-side "Empire Quest". I see you are a "Great Power" at #5, and have done well. While I am at 1885, I see the following comparisons:

I. You obtained the Oman posessions, and the Portugese Africa, While I only have two reagions. This was due to the "9 Badboy Points" per region, combined with no tech vs Rifles+Organization. You have to admit that your starting tech gives you an advantage. . .

II. We both have Madigascar. This is a tie.

III. While you took Ethiopia and the Yemenite regions, I took the Riches of Egypt. Those riches allowed me, in four (4) short years, to explode my military score from eight (8) to over Fifty (50), with over 100 land divisions and a sizeable navy albiet antequated. Becomming Civilized jumped me from 69th to 16th. I do wonder what you would have accomplished if you had taken Egypt.

IV. having a "State Capitalism" is allowing me to build industry and I am currently bouncing between 10th and 11th. My biggest limitation is obviously the lack of choices for industry as an emerging nation. I have now learned that the #1 seller seems to be Cement... and NEVER build a regular clothes factory despite the needs of your population.

V. My Badboy is dropping, and by the time I make "Great Power" i'll be able to chose my target come about 1890. I could strike now but I am looking to "Full Annex". Making a point to avoid the "Big Three" will be important as I see their ironclads and Monitors cruising the Med. my Men-O-War would be made short order of.

Note: as a Monarchy I am not geting any of the events that would allow me to be more agressive. Should change this at the earliest convienence. I might go backward and re-play to see if I can get more for less.

Again. Loved seeing your accomplishments.

I have enjoyed watching the comparison of your "Colonial Boer Invaders" vs my "Mighty Zulu" in a side-by-side "Empire Quest". I see you are a "Great Power" at #5, and have done well. While I am at 1885, I see the following comparisons:

I. You obtained the Oman posessions, and the Portugese Africa, While I only have two reagions. This was due to the "9 Badboy Points" per region, combined with no tech vs Rifles+Organization. You have to admit that your starting tech gives you an advantage. . .

II. We both have Madigascar. This is a tie.

III. While you took Ethiopia and the Yemenite regions, I took the Riches of Egypt. Those riches allowed me, in four (4) short years, to explode my military score from eight (8) to over Fifty (50), with over 100 land divisions and a sizeable navy albiet antequated. Becomming Civilized jumped me from 69th to 16th. I do wonder what you would have accomplished if you had taken Egypt.

IV. having a "State Capitalism" is allowing me to build industry and I am currently bouncing between 10th and 11th. My biggest limitation is obviously the lack of choices for industry as an emerging nation. I have now learned that the #1 seller seems to be Cement... and NEVER build a regular clothes factory despite the needs of your population.

V. My Badboy is dropping, and by the time I make "Great Power" i'll be able to chose my target come about 1890. I could strike now but I am looking to "Full Annex". Making a point to avoid the "Big Three" will be important as I see their ironclads and Monitors cruising the Med. my Men-O-War would be made short order of.

Note: as a Monarchy I am not geting any of the events that would allow me to be more agressive. Should change this at the earliest convienence. I might go backward and re-play to see if I can get more for less.

Again. Loved seeing your accomplishments.

I run a few LUA mods, primarily I've been toying with adjusting infamy to be a little more balanced (infamy for a 10 province region being the same as 1), but that didn't affect me here, I regularly stayed below necessary infamy until 1898 :p)

I didn't take Egypt because it was an Ottoman SOI and ally, and since my tech was backwards and I only began catching up in the late 1800s, they were stronger than I was to a large degree.

Should totally make a Boer-Zulu Confederation mod... totally a-historical but totally awesome.

But, yes, only having 20 divisions hurts... and my population seems to shift a LOT, so one soldier pop will get too small and another will get too big so my army crumbles a lot. Quite annoying.

I may try again, focusing on military techs (industrial helped me little, my industrial score hardly changed once it got to where it was), and then go after Egypt, and then consolidate non-British/French Africa...

I may try again, focusing on military techs (industrial helped me little, my industrial score hardly changed once it got to where it was)

Try playing ZULU, with NO tech and NO literacy, and see where you go. Since you obviously took out the Zulu nation with virtually no troops, you know what I mean.

BTW, what triggers the "Boer nation" event to occur? I see the two nations that would form it initally, but how do you get the Boer nation to exist?

Try playing ZULU, with NO tech and NO literacy, and see where you go. Since you obviously took out the Zulu nation with virtually no troops, you know what I mean.

BTW, what triggers the "Boer nation" event to occur? I see the two nations that would form it initally, but how do you get the Boer nation to exist?

I wrote a mod for it - look in the mod section.

The Zulu started with a large army, and then the AI disbanded most of it - was very bizarre, but 3000 Zulu vs 3000 Boers wasn't much of a match. 24,000 Zulu may have been moreso.

The Zulu started with a large army, and then the AI disbanded most of it - was very bizarre

This MAY be a "Bug" in the system. I have noted that the Zulu have a tendancy of "Vaporizing" as they move. This is most obvious when it is on "Foreign Territory". When they go onto foreign soil you can watch the numbers just drop almost daily.

I'd love to know from Paradox if this is a WAD or a BIG BUG. I can provide savegames.

Upon capturing Egypt>

Just a few years later, Civilized and waiting to take the Ottoman Empire

While I do not initally "Doubt" my fellow Zulu player, I do note from his image

(1) Military Score of over 2000
(2) Literacy of almost 60
(3) approaching 400 Division?
(4) one of his battles shows 12K Zulu fighting 183K Austrians?

Before I will believe his "empire" is not the result of "Unrealistic Tweaking", please provide a history, including prior screenshots.

Lol. Of course i have such score and div. numbers - i am doing rather dull
(almost) complete WORLD CONQUEST. I already got China, Japan, Korea, 90% Africa, all Indo-Asia, Spain. About to annex most of Netherlands/Ottomans, just invaded Austria... Austria battles: i got MGs, they dont, i got bigger discipline,org and morale, we BOTH got GAS and GASMASKs... and that 3000 zulu battle just started, i will need to reinforce soon :)

I dont Cheat. I dont reload to get me 'lucky' results.
Vicky2 1.1 is far too far easy anyway. Atlhough this campaign is played with POPDemand 4.7 i think (no assimilation,+canalmod)
(check my Challenge: what is most diffucult country to play thread)

As for 'historical' screenies, browse this thread, or other my posts, images are there...
I only have 2 saves that i alternate, i dont use auto save so i cant go in history just for you. If you wanna know HOW to do is, read my previously mentioned thread or ask specific questions :)
LOL@people thinking im cheating half the time, it is getting obnoxious...

Last edited:

HaVE YOU EVEN WATCHED THIS THREAD? I am about 1/3 on way to World Conquest with ZULUS.
But i agree, it is a bit of challenge compared to civilized country express. :)

This MAY be a "Bug" in the system. I have noted that the Zulu have a tendancy of "Vaporizing" as they move. This is most obvious when it is on "Foreign Territory". When they go onto foreign soil you can watch the numbers just drop almost daily.

I'd love to know from Paradox if this is a WAD or a BIG BUG. I can provide savegames.

no bug. attrition is a bitch.
I know i always loose few hundreds of Zulu Impis as i move to attack those greedy white settlers in opening months of game.

Also, never seen AI to disband Zulu Impis, in fact most of may other games, Zulu survived till late game no problem.

Yes, it plays very differently.

The focus is different, but a lot of the concepts will be familiar, as will the map and many parts of the interface.

Zulu World Conquest, Phase 1 Finished

Zulu Update:
First European Wars are over, got Cuba, South america outposts, some Holand ports, half a Spain and Italy, Sicily and lot of Austrian Lands. Rest should be pretty obvious, it is end of year 1899, just 2 DPs left :)

P.S.: Notice quite big CSA (No.8 GP)

v2mapzul1899.jpg

My CSA Empire...quit because 120 Jacobin rebel brigades sprung up...lasted a good 30-40 years though...just reached number 3 too...Had Suez, South Georgia and Micronesia (they were too small to see)
V2_MAP_CSA_1876613_1.jpg

V2_MAP_CSA_1876613_2.jpg

I guess you can do anything with a country if you cheat it enough.

WTF?!
How the hell did i cheat ?
Care to Explain?!
Or u just talking shit for whatever reason?
Man, i already said i DONT CHEAT, I DONT RELOAD to get favorable results.
I already told you where you can find older screens illustrating my progress before. In that same source i explained my strategy too.
I already told you to ASK SPECIFIC questions, if you want to know how to do that and cant figure it for yourself.
So ACT like a man and adult and address all points i stated in factual discussion or just please shut your trap with insulting accusation and keep this forum civil.
:wacko:

Let's get a couple things straight. People don't always cheat. Some choose to do so because it helps them enjoy the game. But assuming that everyone who has done more than some imaginary barrier you've made has cheated is wrong.

For example, the fact that I've conquered all nations in the world by 1875 should make you go all "LOOOLZ! HAXXORS!" on me. Why? Because I've done something more than average?

Same thing goes for MuthaF. You should either applaud his efforts at taking a backward nation and making it an international superpower or be quiet. I'd understand telling him to shut up because you think he's cheating when he would boast about it and repeat time after time that he's the greatest.

Right now you're just saying someone sucks because he posted a pic of his empire and it's an impressive one.

And also, the reason no one colonised Central Africa in that Belgium game is probably caused by UK being less powerful than usually which can be seen because of Ireland. ;)

PS. Don't take it to yourself mate, I'm not trying to insult or anything. Just keep it down until he gives you a reason to be annoyed.

PS. no.2 You're making me look bad by posting that post Mutha :p.

Well you still haven't answered how you managed the diplopoints, jingoism and revolts. I am trying WC myself but I am totally unable to claim all states by 1875 because I simply lack diplomatic points.

Well you still haven't answered how you managed the diplopoints, jingoism and revolts. I am trying WC myself but I am totally unable to claim all states by 1875 because I simply lack diplomatic points.

I did, didn't I?

An 8 point post in the AAR thread. I'm not sure myself, It just happened. :p It's not like I did it in hopes of being on Wikipedia... Or did I?! :p