• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
doesn't that happen when you reach 32k of military score?

Probably. An Int16, with the first bit reserved to +/-, gives you a range of -32K to 32K. Should be easy to fix at PI.

No, I've had a military score of 47,000. I think it happens at 131072. That's when I recall the other guys flipping over.

EDIT: He said his flipped at 126128, which I assume is some number in hexadecimal.

Last edited:
Done.

I'm the only nation left on Earth and I have around 50 years left to colonise the Pacific and Africa.

I would post the pic now but Vicky stopped working after I pushed F12. So I'll try again in a sec and show you the map.

EDIT : Here is the world.

V2_MAP_ENG_18741219_1.jpg

And here is the Diplomacy screen.

V2_1.jpg

Take that, Russia! :p

Last edited:
How hard would it have been to give the military score variable an Integer / Real memory allocation? :rofl:

to the guy above me: you can probably get past 20billion population by the end.

gz Vesimir. Neighbour, the guy who attempted the WC on Russian forums, said his game became unplayable for some reason, performance is unbearable. He left some countries in the world to take India out of his SOI. By 1920 he would probably finish it but for thechnical reasons he couldn't finish it.
Here is last screenshot
http://ipicture.ru/Gallery/Viewfull/1079676.html

Just some steps away from WC. Shame he couldn't finish it :(

I have defended the honour of the english speaking gamers. My task here is done.

Super Nerd away! *flies away*

Here's a linkie to the AAR thread I made - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497696

I know what that guy means. The game is so laggy it's unbelievable. When I click on the population screen it takes around 2 minutes to load and there's a good chance I won't be able to go back...

The only way I can play now is do nothing but colonise and quit the game every hour or two to let the computer rest so that it keeps a reasonable speed.

I used my mod located here.

boer_map.png

boer_ss1.jpg

boer_ss2.jpg

The transition from secondary power to great power was met with anger from Great Britain, particularly with the colonization of the remainder of India. Currently in the process of industrializing. Started off as Transvaal, transitioned to the Boer State, and then democratized, becoming the Boer Republic.

I used my mod located here.

The transition from secondary power to great power was met with anger from Great Britain, particularly with the colonization of the remainder of India. Currently in the process of industrializing. Started off as Transvaal, transitioned to the Boer State, and then democratized, becoming the Boer Republic.

Boers? Are those that arrogant settlers from lagger thinking that they can just come and STEAL OUR LAND?
Well, we proud Zulu Warriors know exactly how to deal with such an insolence! They cowardly bakstabbing stealing ways has enraged Zulu nation into World Wide Conquest Fever Spree..

Just kidding of course.. :)
Funny thing is as a Zulu i cant just conquer both settler states in one go, so i always make them release South Africa Rep. to conquer them twice as fast :)

@Ameise: Certainly a lot of fun :D
It's just erm... Maleisië is Malay (or Malaysia), and Wesafrika means West Africa, you probably mean Oosafrika!

Try to conquer the Dutch East Indies and then onto Amsterdam! :D
Or perhaps the whole of (Southern) Africa!

Managed to form Communist Yugoslavia. Was a bit suprised when Bulgaria joined the nation (seems to be same culture group). Was the best game I played yet. Starting with litte backward Serbia backstabbing Austria and Ottomans at every chance.
Had to completely disntegrate Austria to stop them backstab me when I fought the unholy alliance of Ottoman + United Kingdom (you get 0 warscore from most Ottoman provinces when negotiating with alliance leader UK!).
Ah and don't build tanks. They are migthy but my army maintenance peaked at 1000 ducats per day with 30 tanks out of 100 brigades.

v22k.jpg

I like it a lot. Haven't been able to do it myself. Did you ally with Russia early on?

Tried this in my first attempt. But the great powers are no reliable allies when calling them to arms, alway take over the leadership and pursue their own war goals.
I stayed away from early trouble, modernizied the nation by promoting clergymen and increasing plularity. Croatia revolted from Austria and I stole some of its provinces. My first war with Austria was in the 1867 when I allied with Siebenbürgen and joined in when Prussia attacked. War lasted nearly 10 years. Machine guns saved my ass but it is still not easy when being outnumbered 1:10. Gas Attack helps later a lot, too. But you get much badboy from taking the neccesary provinces and can't press your technological advantage too much. Things become easier when you become a great power with the possibility to use Culture Union CBs.

My first attempts were ruined by several things.
-Istria being split between Venice, Austria, Triest and Croatia. Tons of badboy to unite this state.
- China modernizing, becoming instantly a great power leaving me only with Place 9.
- Prussia/NGF allying with Austria instead fighting it.

Managed to form Communist Yugoslavia. Was a bit suprised when Bulgaria joined the nation (seems to be same culture group). Was the best game I played yet. Starting with litte backward Serbia backstabbing Austria and Ottomans at every chance.
Had to completely disntegrate Austria to stop them backstab me when I fought the unholy alliance of Ottoman + United Kingdom (you get 0 warscore from most Ottoman provinces when negotiating with alliance leader UK!).
Ah and don't build tanks. They are migthy but my army maintenance peaked at 1000 ducats per day with 30 tanks out of 100 brigades.

v22k.jpg

That's awesome! I'll definately trying out that for my next game, or one of the next ones.