• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've never seen any Facist Countries in this game form, other than America. Nicely done, and thanks for the map of your possesions only, I would have thought Spain went crazy with Africa if you didn't xD

I've never seen any Facist Countries in this game form, other than America. Nicely done, and thanks for the map of your possesions only, I would have thought Spain went crazy with Africa if you didn't xD

I think PDM made Fascism more of a force to be reckoned with. The UK, France, Canada, Portugal, Algeria, Australia, Austria and Angola were all fascist, off the top of my head. The funny part is that Italy and Germany ended as Democracies both.

I think PDM made Fascism more of a force to be reckoned with. The UK, France, Canada, Portugal, Algeria, Australia, Austria and Angola were all fascist, off the top of my head. The funny part is that Italy and Germany ended as Democracies both.

Sounds like it would be an awesome scenario for the converter to HOI3. I would definately watch an AAR that started out with something like that.

Pdm?

I believe its called Germany if its a HM's government or a democracy and German Empire if its absolute monarchy or Prussian Constitutionalism, I'm not sure what communist Germany is called, Fascist might be German Empire too, I'm not sure

Checked the localization. Absolute Monarchy and Prussian Constitutionalism are both called German Empire; all other governments are just "Germany".

The end of my Bavaria -> South German Federation -> Germany game.

I will admit I fudged it a little bit. Over in China, when the UK went on a conquering spree, I made them release a few puppets to keep them from annexing the entire thing. I was hoping to see a civilized China or something. I also got the 'country in two spheres at the same time' bug in the Netherlands, and I really wanted to take Belgium and give it to the Netherlands: If a sphered country has CBs, the sphere master should be allowed to add them I think.

I decided to stop playing when the entirety of Austria and Austria-Hungary were occupied by Pan-German Nationalists and I only got two provinces... And Serbia, for some reason. Oh well! It was a fun game, and the most successful I've ever been tech-wise; by 1936 Germany will easily get every single tech.

c1OaY.jpg

zeAk6.jpg

EqOIN.jpg

Interesting notes: The USA has 45+ million people and is #1 for industry. That is awe-inspiring. The Congo was formed and given to the USA, the first time I've seen them get it.

Both Mexico and the USCA are also great powers.

France and Spain fell to communist revolutions, and pretty much all of Africa is in rebel hands. Madagascar and Tunisia declared independence.

South America is... well, I mean, look at it. Chile must have invaded Argentina four or five times before getting even one successful war.

I also have the save file here [in .rar format, you may need WinZip or WinRAR for it] for your viewing pleasure. http://filevo.com/4xy1hdixvhnp.html I stopped building military stuff towards the end of the game, but Germany is powerful and could easily go on a six year rampage through France or Russia.

Doesn't the Congo event only award it to monarchies (HM's, prussian's, absolute)?

Nope, in my current game Argentina somehow got Congo.

Reactionaries can turn the government into an Absolute Monarchy if the country was already a Presidential Dictatorship (i.e. the Dictator has made himself the King).

That's what I'm asking about, if Argentina had become a monarchy this way. Although the post above yours says the USA is a democracy, so it's irrelevant at this point anyway.

A bit too late, but yes it was a democracy.

So this was another one of those "just goofing off" games...I was reading about South American history the night before and was interested in the War of the Triple Alliance so I decided to take a crack at Paraguay...Now, you might be thinking "Not bad", but I'll give you one better: I was a one state minor until 1900...I tried to take Alto Paraguay at the very beginning whilst Bolivia was busy with Brazil, and I got it, but then the Brazil and Argentina took their cores back, leaving me smaller than I was when I started the game. It wasn't until 1900 that I really built myself back up to take anything back and once I did, I just kept going, I even fought France (#1 GP) to get my cores on Brazil back...I broke the infamy cap as the 20th or so military power and only had to fight off 2 containment wars from the USA who couldn't properly fight me even if it wanted to...basically all of South America is in my sphere, I had a diplo siege just as I got Columbia, so now I'm trying to force them back in. Hopefully I can get Venezuela before the game's over (it's 1930 btw), and I think I'm gonna take a few more whacks at Brazil just for the lulz

V2_MAP_PRG_193011_1.jpg

Now that is amazing work. How did you set up your economy? I imagine coal must have been a problem for you for most of the game.

The US invaded Quebec? Huh.

My economy was basically lumber until I got the late game goods, but then again, I had 1 state with very few people in it. I wasn't a democracy until the late 1880's, so I had absolutely no immigration. I didn't really pay too much attention to my economy, so I'm like 14th in the world, but I'm 4th in both Prestige and Military which is good enough for 6thish place.