• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When was the last time you saw 4 German Great Powers at once?

GermanGreatPowers.jpg

My goal is to eventually make Munich the capitol of the German Empire. As the game goes on, I may expand the empire some more. We'll see as time goes on.

When I last formed it as Austria-Hungary, I think stayed in Vienna. However, it has been a while since that game and didn't take a screen shot of it, so I can't remember exactly if it did stay in Vienna or if it moved to Berlin. We'll find out later on in this game. :D

Don't see why it would. Only reason the capital's Berlin is because it was Prussia who formed Germany. If it was, say, Hamburg who formed Germany, then the capital would most likely've been Hamburg.

challengeaccepted.png

I believe this says it all.

Last edited:
hmm, can you see my earlier screenshot off of photobucket? might be the host site.

When I last formed it as Austria-Hungary, I think stayed in Vienna. However, it has been a while since that game and didn't take a screen shot of it, so I can't remember exactly if it did stay in Vienna or if it moved to Berlin. We'll find out later on in this game. :D

I looked in the game files, at the Form Germany decision. There is no line that changes the capital location. Ergo, if you form Germany as Bavaria, the capital will be in Munich.

I once managed to take over all German Minors as Brunswick after Prussia had a jacobin revolution, but its close to impossible to stay alive with +300 infamy and Austria, Prussia and France as neighbours....

This will be the first game I've played where I actually started out as a country that wasn't considered backwater... Bavaria! Well, I was Bavaria.

ilKKM.jpg

This screenshot was taken on the day of the declaration of the Third French Liberation of Franche Comte', which I took during the Third French Liberation of Alsace-Lorraine. Yes. Six wars, all with Italy and Prussia [and sometimes Austria, but I just attacked them for Moravia so they can't], and their friends all at once. I lure them into the plains, then smash them with masses of artillery barrages. In this case, I'm not sure if France has machine guns or not, but I know Prussia does; they're hard to get out, but they usually invade one of the smaller satellites and make it peace out and get confused. The UK joining in is a new one, I had +200 relations with them.

I took Alsace-Lorraine in the first place because I misread the tool-tip for forming the SGF. I thought I needed it, turns out I made the French angry over absolutely nothing at all.

I do no plan on forming The German Empire in this game. I have a few goals, and one of them is 'no coastal provinces in my empire'. Another is to try and get a high literacy rate in all of Austria's old provinces, and then forming Poland and Hungary.

How did you get your borders to look like that? DO WANT!

edit: Figured it out:

You need to edit the default.map file in your Vicky2/map folder. I use notepad+ to do so. Specifically the Border_cutoff line at the bottom.

Code:
border_heights = {

}

terrain_sheet_heights = {
	500 #150
}

tree = 350

border_cutoff = 500.0
will be at the bottom. My own game I changed those values to
Code:
border_heights = {

}

terrain_sheet_heights = {
	500 #150
}

tree = 350

border_cutoff = 2000.0 #500.0
to have the following result;

V2_3-2.jpg

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I believe its called Germany if its a HM's government or a democracy and German Empire if its absolute monarchy or Prussian Constitutionalism, I'm not sure what communist Germany is called, Fascist might be German Empire too, I'm not sure

This is my first game of Victoria 2. I am a skilled EU3 player, but new to Victoria 2. I think I did pretty well, although from what I have read, Belgium is a pretty easy country. This is with the PDM mod btw.

I have a lot of scattered provinces because me, the UK, and Austria won a great war against France and dismantled their empire. Germany formed very late, around 1930 or so. I built the Suez Canal and Germany built the Kiel Canal, but no Panama Canal.

Canada broke down very early into the game. Soviet Union is blobbing like mad. Algeria was a Great Power for a while. There are many strange things I could point out in this game.

Sorry about the large images. Don't know how to fix.