• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finally decided to play as my native country, Portugal (which is crap).

Anyway, I am pretty proud of myself, all things considered. Tell me what you think.

ptfinal.jpg

2011101000003.jpg

Finally decided to play as my native country, Portugal (which is crap).

Anyway, I am pretty proud of myself, all things considered. Tell me what you think.

Heck you survived, got into the top 8, grapped a good slice of Africa and the Mid-East and gobbled up most of Spain as well. Victory in my book!

It may be trues if you capture colonies. Like when i captured Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and all stuff like that from the USA those were all colonies and i have pretty bad time turning them into states.

as I said: as long as it is a state when you take it (from a civ) it will be a state when you have it.

You didn't want to take back your colonial lands in South America?

Hehe. Didnt actually consider it. Unlike other games I have played with the major powers, as soon as my infamy got a little over 20 I was immediately declared upon by all major powers. I did manage to win a containment war against the United States because I was able to take out many of their transports, but it would have been impossible against the French commies (lol) or the British, so I took a quieter aproach. I was very unlucky with casus belli, and even with AI decisions (Morocco was eliminated in the first year of play and later on the British decided to take the weakened Spanish and took their morroquin colonies and Granada (which should have been mine...)).

Who did the Congo go to?

That's pretty neat, I usually see Switzerland, Bavaria, Sweden, and once I saw it go to Brazil.

God is my witness this is the last time i am doing something of the kind but anyhow.

I remember someone asked why no one did this so i gave it a shot.
The Empire where Sun never Sets is back. True greatness shall never perish.
(pictures)

Among interesting things - Britain and France as secondary powers. With the latest patch it became quite hard to turn colonies into states. By the end of the game Britain didn't manage to turn a single colony into state and this is probably the reason why it is so lousy. France didn't have any at all. It also didn't have any standing army and was constantly overpowered by rebels. I could have easily beaten the living hell out of them but was preoccupied in Americas and simply didn't want to.
Other interesting things include fascist USA, formed (though lousy and bitten) Scandinavia and Persia, divided between Azerbaijan and China.

It was fun anyway.

I sense a ton of yesmen?

Also, that's a cool Portugal game. I see France overtaking UK a lot (almost always during the early game in industry), but USA doing so is surprising. I'm surprised Britain didn't expand much into China (did China industrialize early?).

This started as just a test game to pick a country (this is Muhgalstan) for my upcoming India mp game with my father, but it ended up becoming something of a pet project to screw around with while we're finishing up our previous Japan/Italy game....I wasn't actually planning on going after Africa, but a cut down to size cb on Ethiopia at a time that I wasn't ready to fight the brits led me to do so. BTW, as mentioned in my thread about it, that Java has a population of over 20 mil, no clue how that happened, I got it pretty late.
V2_MAP_HND_193611_1.jpg

Untitled-5.png

Last edited:
Nice India. Could the Java problem be because your large Indian pops move to the colonies in Java?

nope (though africa has amusingly "suffered" from that; I have multiple African states with close to 2 mil pop), got it late game, and the majority (95%) of it is Javan, with the rest being Dutch or Yue.