• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Minus points for Spanish Africa and Spanish Asia, plus points for Spanish America.

Afghanistan was conquered for me by Azerbaijan and China. I used that bug that allows to turn annexed uncivilized provinces into states the day the country was annexed and Afghanistan is an important industrial region of my empire with significant Catalan population.

Afghanistan was conquered for me by Azerbaijan and China. I used that bug that allows to turn annexed uncivilized provinces into states the day the country was annexed and Afghanistan is an important industrial region of my empire with significant Catalan population.

How did you got about doing this......marvel of V2 that deserves cash rewards and a medal? I don't have the nerves to play Spain, thinking that I'm in for dissappointment with being unable to keep pace with the usual GPs, and I'm curious as to how you did this.

If you put military spending on full for Spain it manages to rack up a fairly decent MIL score I've noticed, as long as you don't get into any crippling wars early on.
For a little while then this will usually counter-act Spain's flagging Industrial growth.
Then, once you've state-capi'd your way into a solid, if small, economy a bit of L-F will usually see it take off.
You'll probably never be number 1 without drastic playstyles, but you can comfortably hold onto GP status usually.

That was god damn hard. My conquests went like this: Morocco and Algeria - Portugal - Venezuela - Colombia - Ecuador. With that i have a place to go in South America. During the American civil war and having Mexico as my ally i took pretty big hanks of both the USA and the CSA. With that i just continued my conquest, ignoring badboy. Mexico and Brazil were the last countries i took.
For quite a long time my industry sucked balls but by the end it was much better.
And in general i have my own tactics.

It may be trues if you capture colonies. Like when i captured Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and all stuff like that from the USA those were all colonies and i have pretty bad time turning them into states.