• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lies! - send your army (brigade) into claimed area and leave it out there to increase your odds +0.2% - but I am not absolutely certain were there other variables that increased that rate even more like... my personal charisma impacting national focus :)

In my game UK and Mexico were claiming west coast with at least 50% completion bar when I joined the race ...in both cases I was way ahead of 'em within short time so I gained historical outcome.
Thanks for the tip!
With one unit is enough? If I join more units to the army in the claimed territory?
Thanks

Lies! - send your army (brigade) into claimed area and leave it out there to increase your odds +0.2% - but I am not absolutely certain were there other variables that increased that rate even more like... my personal charisma impacting national focus :)

In my game UK and Mexico were claiming west coast with at least 50% completion bar when I joined the race ...in both cases I was way ahead of 'em within short time so I gained historical outcome.

Has anyone claimed British Columbia (and maybe even further north) yet?

When you colonise a state you seem to get decent national pop immigration into the state (which makes sense, it being colonisation and all), but what if you grab a recently colonised state from its owner? For example, use your NP to claim Washington and BC, leaving Oregon to the Mexicans, but then grab it in a war from them in the near future? Will the provinces be filled with Mexican pops that won't budge?

Last edited:
When you colonise a state you seem to get decent national pop immigration into the state (which makes sense, it being colonisation and all), but what if you grab a recently colonised state from its owner? For example, use your NP to claim Washington and BC, leaving Oregon to the Mexicans, but then grab it in a war from them in the near future? Will the provinces be filled with Mexican pops that won't budge?

Yeah, I took one of colonisable areas from Mexico and there were loads of Mexicans there. Nothing that migration NF doesn't fix, though.

Here's mine.

v2mapusa1850.jpg

I defended Texas from the start and it joined us, then colonized all the uncolonized US land, then Britain suddenly declared war for Washington.
The war was going well, and then Mexico attacked to take back Texas, and then the Civil War started. I went for the Union because I made lots of armies, I defeated Britain and took Jamaica and made them release Newfoundland, I took Mexican Texas and New Mexico from Mexico, and annexed the CSA, then the game ended :eek:o

i decided to skip the tutorial and jump right in and learn as i played. I had never touched vic1, but i found the basics fairly simple to pick up.

Nothing special here: I took the obvious route, fighting mexico and the csa. I discovered manifest destiny and used it to dow mexico to take all of my cores from them, and while i was knee deep in that bloody war the civil war started. I managed to defeat both opponents and almost fulfill my manifest destiny- no time to kick the brits out of washington.

v2_6.jpg

im sure someone will be able to pull off some cray stuff with 15 years as the us- no invasion of china here, but i was happy to not completely implode in my first game of victoria :)

mecklenburg stole prussia's great power spot and held on to it for the last 7 or so years of the demo thanks to their high prestige score. A great power with one regiment :d

o_o

I defended Texas from the start and it joined us, then colonized all the uncolonized US land, then Britain suddenly declared war for Washington.
The war was going well, and then Mexico attacked to take back Texas, and then the Civil War started. I went for the Union because I made lots of armies, I defeated Britain and took Jamaica and made them release Newfoundland, I took Mexican Texas and New Mexico from Mexico, and annexed the CSA, then the game ended :eek:o

Seems you had an eventful game. :D

@All:
Is defeating Spain hard? Do you need more navy? Do they land many troops?

vic2demo.jpg

:D

edit: I was going to invade British Canada next, but they had tons of troops over there and mine were going to take a long time to reinforce from the Mexico war, I wouldn't have made it in time for the game to end.

Here's mine.

... , I defeated Britain and took Jamaica and made them release Newfoundland, I took Mexican Texas and New Mexico from Mexico, and annexed the CSA, then the game ended :eek:o

Man ... seems like this raises the question of balance or the like if the USA in just this short time period can fight off the Brits easily ... let alone doing so while in a fight with Mexico and a civil war.

vic2demo.jpg

:D

edit: I was going to invade British Canada next, but they had tons of troops over there and mine were going to take a long time to reinforce from the Mexico war, I wouldn't have made it in time for the game to end.

How did you managed to took west coast from Mexico I mean it looks imposibble until 1948 after that time Usa army gets really strong but civil war starts(usually at the end of 1948) and army numbers falls again.When I finish civil war the game is about to end so I cant manage to take west coast...

Which strategy you used please tell ?

Err, I don't think he meant that he did everything at the same time.

Hmmmm, well just defeating mite of Pax Britannica seems enough to make me wonder ... although with reports of the varying aspects of foreign wars erupting (something which I love to hear) perhaps the UK was already distracted elsewhere. Just a bit surprising is all, as I like the UK unbeatable at this period in the game.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, well just defeating might of Pax Britannica seems enough to make me wonder ... although with reports of the varying aspects of foreign wars erupting (something which I love to here) perhaps the UK was already distracted elsewhere. Just a bit surprising is all, as I like the UK unbeatable at this period in the game.

When Mexico and the Civil War popped in, all major British armies in Canada were defeated. They also only came in with fleets of 4 ships which were easy to dispatch. But most of their forces were busy fighting Liberia and USCA which were my allies.

How did you managed to took west coast from Mexico I mean it looks imposibble until 1948 after that time Usa army gets really strong but civil war starts(usually at the end of 1948) and army numbers falls again.When I finish civil war the game is about to end so I cant manage to take west coast...

Which strategy you used please tell ?

It's quite easy actually. Research Romanticism first so you can get the Manifest Destiny decision, then go to war with Mexico with a goal like "reclaim core: Texas", then keep destroying their armies and occupying their land, adding more and more "reclaim core" war goals until you fully occupy them and can take all of the now-US west coast. Remember not to make them slave states or they might join the CSA.

When Mexico and the Civil War popped in, all major British armies in Canada were defeated. They also only came in with fleets of 4 ships which were easy to dispatch. But most of their forces were busy fighting Liberia and USCA which were my allies.

This kinda saddens me. Really seems to eliminate any fear of the GP ... especially the UK. Seems a tough force (either defensive or offensive) from Canada, British landings, and a Royal Navy capable of instilling at least some sort of fear should be the least of things which would come to pass with a war in the 1850's.

And how can anything in either Liberia or USCA even come close to keeping forces of the UK even slightly "busy" ... :(

Man I want my boxed copy ... schnell schnell!

This kinda saddens me. Really seems to eliminate any fear of the GP ... especially the UK. Seems a tough force (either defensive or offensive) from Canada, British landings, and a Royal Navy capable of instilling at least some sort of fear should be the least of things which would come to pass with a war in the 1850's.

And how can anything in either Liberia or USCA even come close to keeping forces of the UK even slightly "busy" ... :(

Man I want my boxed copy ... schnell schnell!

Bear in mind that this was one man's game in - what - ten thousand? In my game I barely managed to white peace with Mexico, let alone even consider any sort of gallivanting about Canada. But then again I'm a Victoria n00b.

Bear in mind that this was one man's game in - what - ten thousand? In my game I barely managed to white peace with Mexico, let alone even consider any sort of gallivanting about Canada. But then again I'm a Victoria n00b.

Same here, I was in real trouble within a year or so..

Point taken, I shouldn't voice complains about an element of the game which I really like ... the variety and unexpected natures. I get angry at strict historical gameplay elements that 'steer' the player on a purely historical path contrary to their wishes and decisions so I'll not speak ill of a game for taking what seems like an unlikely course for Queen Victoria's empire. :)

Here's mine.

v2mapusa1850.jpg

How do you generate those maps?