• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
one word, Großdeutschland

The German Empire in 1899, and its posessions.

The Great War has alos just started with France invading Germany. This screenshot was taken before calling up my allies (though I have few).

Badboy is acceptable.

ger1_ger.jpg

ger1_war.jpg

ger1_world.png

Babylon 1889! :D

babmap.png

Civilizing as Iraq is a pain, since it doesn't have enough Mashriqui pops. Had to "cheat" and add Misri (Egyptian Arabic) as accepted culture. :(

HA! It's not Babylon if it doesn't have all of Mesopotamia!

Also, this reminds me to mod the name of the Israeli communist party to "The People's Front of Judaea."
... or is it "The Judean People's Front?"
The Popular Front of Judea.
They've gotten more members lately :D

Not the biggest empire many will have seen, but this was a fun game:

colombia1936.jpg

Had a brilliantly badly-executed war with the USCA (who I'd already taken two states from) that resulted in Mexico jumping in on their side and pushing me back to the Panama canal, eliminating virtually all my army in the process.

Fortunately, the once-annoying fact that Britain owned the canal zone saved my bacon, as although I didn't have access across it, neither did Mexico or the USCA. The small but modern navy I'd built up was more than enough to hold off the frigates they kept spamming until I could build up enough strength to retake what I'd lost, reduce the USCA to a single state and humiliate Mexico, catapulting me to Great Power status. That lasted about a year, until China westernised and I dropped out. Fortunately my industry score shot me back up to a 5th place finish in 1936.

The UK's score on the other hand was nothing short of preposterous. I finished the game with 9 cruisers and 8 dreadnoughts - having loaded up as the UK I found that they had over 100 dreadnoughts, but were paying interest on their loans at around £2000 a day!

Gran Colombia and the Americas
colombia1936americas.jpg

Europe, Africa and Asia
colombia1936eurasia.jpg