• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(196349)

Banned
7 Badges
Feb 21, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
F12 for full map. As the Demo is the only thing released... will be impressive to see what you did. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Aargh, give us some time, man! :(

I just started mine up exactly 20 minutes ago, but it will be interesting to see some.

EDIT: Are you starting threads that are previously popular and feeling good about yourself being the first to do this thing? You started a "Strange Screenshots" thread too, probably without looking at the page for 5 seconds. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I just started mine up exactly 20 minutes ago, but it will be interesting to see some.

EDIT: Are you starting threads that are previously popular and feeling good about yourself being the first to do this thing? You started a "Strange Screenshots" thread too, probably without looking at the page for 5 seconds. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I can answer for him with a "yes"

Then don't post in his thread. Common sense, man.

Er... no. I'm starting the threads because every paradox game has them and I thought I'd make them. Do you really take pride in making threads :confused: Last time I be helpful, there is a lot of new players here and these threads cut down on thousands of "look at my nation" threads.

Are you starting threads that are previously popular and feeling good about yourself being the first to do this thing? You started a "Strange Screenshots" thread too, probably without looking at the page for 5 seconds. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Those threads were going to be made anyway. How does it matter in the slightest who makes them?

Some of us are actually interested in this, feel free to go your own merry way.

Come on, post people, I wanna see.

Let's all just calm down a bit and wait for the screenies :)

I decided to skip the tutorial and jump right in and learn as I played. I had never touched Vic1, but I found the basics fairly simple to pick up.

Nothing special here: I took the obvious route, fighting Mexico and the CSA. I discovered Manifest Destiny and used it to dow mexico to take all of my cores from them, and while I was knee deep in that bloody war the civil war started. I managed to defeat both opponents and almost fulfill my manifest destiny- no time to kick the brits out of Washington.

V2_6.jpg

Im sure someone will be able to pull off some cray stuff with 15 years as the US- no invasion of China here, but I was happy to not completely implode in my first game of Victoria :)

Mecklenburg stole Prussia's Great Power spot and held on to it for the last 7 or so years of the demo thanks to their high prestige score. A Great Power with one regiment :D

Last edited:
British always grab damn washington. :mad:

I never seem to have a problem with it :rolleyes:. I put nf's on oregon and washington from the start, and put a dragoon regiment in each, too easy.

Lies! - send your army (brigade) into claimed area and leave it out there to increase your odds +0.2% - but I am not absolutely certain were there other variables that increased that rate even more like... my personal charisma impacting national focus :)

In my game UK and Mexico were claiming west coast with at least 50% completion bar when I joined the race ...in both cases I was way ahead of 'em within short time so I gained historical outcome.

Everyone relax, I didn't say it was a problem, I just used a angry face because I'm always too slow to get it. :D

Did I do it right?

I just changed what was associated with the tag USA. The flag won't change, for whatever reason. Swapping the five TGA files in gfx/flags/ for the USA and UCA did nothing. The USCA game is much more fun economically. You pretty much start with nothing and have enough time to build a solid industrial base. There's really no way it can collapse, though, the nationalist revolters never mobilize into anything.