• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
v2mapger18919131.jpg

Germany 1891, I went straight to Greater Germany as a Prussia. Full pic

Last edited:
Here's my German empire as of 1917.

Just got another CB on France and think I might grab the rest of Madagascar.

The World
world1917.jpg

Politics
politics1917.jpg

All the cool kids are in the SPD!

Great Powers
powers1917.jpg

Should have sphered China faster. I think GB's run away with this.

Germany at peace
overview1917.jpg

mexicoo.jpg

Mexico when constant rebellions made playing too fustrating.

That is a sexy Mexico.
I love playing as Mexico, i find it an interesting country in historical terms.
I played a Mexican game and instead of going how you did, i went straight up the western coast, backed the CSA, then by the end of the game i owned Alaska and British columbia in the north (fought the British for it) and i pushed south all the way to Panama.
Shame i don't have the screenshot :/ i lost a bunch of files.

1885 and UK hasn't cracked 10k industry and Russia isn't competitive with France. Oh my...

What's wrong with the UK not having cracked 10k? also, Russia doing so badly is largely down to me...

I guessed it was from a 1.3 beta. Industry scores look to be lot lower across the board, the UK is actually not dominating industry, and in 1.2 Russia tends to be 2 or 3 in industry from game start through its 'demote all its peasants to craftsman' trick, which does not seem to have happened in your game. For reference, I looked at a 1883 save of my most recent game, the UK had 8000, Russia (who has done virtually nothing) was 2nd with 3000 and 7 countries had over 900 industry. I like your version.

Personally (this isn't a hint as to what our version is like, this is just me thinking out loud) I like serious variation as to how the AI performs, with the proviso that it's plausible. I'd like Germany, the UK, the US and France to do well almost all the time. I'd like the Russians, Turks and Austrians to sometimes turns it around and do well, sometimes fall out of the GPs altogether. And so on. By its nature the pecking order in V2 changes a lot less from start to end than in EU3, but I think the right balance is near as to how the various countries perform.

Japan wasn't guaranteed a Meiji Restoration, nor was Persia guaranteed not to have one of its own. Any game can always be better balanced, but bearing in mind that you cannot always please everyone, I suspect people will generally be happy with the balance side of the new patch.

Remember, those are my opinions and my opinions alone. I don't speak for anyone else.

Speaking of that Persia thing, could they not have a very, very, VERY rare event, unlocking a generic Meiji Restoration for uncivs? Enough that it doesn't happen all that often, but enough that it happens enough that people notice.

Speaking of that Persia thing, could they not have a very, very, VERY rare event, unlocking a generic Meiji Restoration for uncivs? Enough that it doesn't happen all that often, but enough that it happens enough that people notice.

As someone who plays Persia, it is not challenging to civilize after you research Freedom of Trade. The Soldier POPs literally breed yourself the necessary Mil score and the prestige from beating down the nearby uncivs should be enough.