• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We mustn't let this thread die.

Update on Mega-Germany - 1904

My army contains a staggering 1,668,000 Personnel
My Navy contains 142 War Ships and Transport vessels

My only real major advancements being the Ottoman Empire, Ukraine, and Romania. There is CONSTANT change in GPs, sometimes Venezuela is up there, other times Lithuania, then there's Belgium (which is an OPM) The USCA even had brief GP status (Around three years). China westernized (somehow) and Russia is constantly battered by France, Portugal, and China (France has had 8 containment wars, China has had around 5 containment and 2 over Sofianona (Or w/e it is) and Portugal has been in around 3) Britain has been very quiet and very weak since the Communist coup. Sadly, this'll be the last time I play this monster, tis a tad bit boring.
V2_MAP_GER_1904710_1.jpg

V2_MAP_GER_1904710_2.jpg

V2_45.jpg

We mustn't let this thread die.

Update on Mega-Germany - 1904

My army contains a staggering 1,668,000 Personnel
My Navy contains 142 War Ships and Transport vessels

My only real major advancements being the Ottoman Empire, Ukraine, and Romania. There is CONSTANT change in GPs, sometimes Venezuela is up there, other times Lithuania, then there's Belgium (which is an OPM) The USCA even had brief GP status (Around three years). China westernized (somehow) and Russia is constantly battered by France, Portugal, and China (France has had 8 containment wars, China has had around 5 containment and 2 over Sofianona (Or w/e it is) and Portugal has been in around 3) Britain has been very quiet and very weak since the Communist coup. Sadly, this'll be the last time I play this monster, tis a tad bit boring.

congrats on the supergermany thing. also on taking florida and australia...

late game i am finding to be quite labor-intensive, to say the least. I am getting a bit tired of wielding my 2 milliion man scandinavian army :) not to mention my 1500 ship navy

US of most of north america , most of africa , most of oceania and some of asia

This is my american empire. I had to stop in 1906 cause the game was moving painfully slow, i had hundreds of troops to recruit but it took about 5 seconds to add each one to the queue on my Phenom X4 with 4g of ram and GTX 460.
I played this game on 1.2 and it will be the last one i play on 1.2 because of how painfully slow it gets and because how hard it is to escape satellite status with my beloved Wallachia or Moldavia
V2_MAP_USA_190671_1.jpg

I colonized most of the uncolonized africa but i could never make any into a proper state. I colonized most of the islands in the pacific and all are proper states , i annexed korea , colonized muraleve and some of bali but none are proper states

USofnorthamericaandalaska.jpg

I managed to colonize those canadian states before the british and the russians sold me alaska cause i had high relations

USofnorthamericaancuba.jpg

Mexico was a good victim and Zacatecas had a delicious 1M people when i took it over

americanoceania2.jpg

americanoceania.jpg

americanafrica.jpg

I annexed sokoto specifically so it would write big and curved "American africa" :D

I was getting ready for a war with the worker's commonwealth =)) but i would of probably lost they had 1000 ships to my puny 200

Yeah i noticed that too ...the thing is korea starts with 4 states ...in my game i have 3 the russians have 1...if the russians would also have sariwon state it would pretty much look just like today

I was gaining seriously on them at one point it was 15000 points difference but i got it down to about 8000 if i would of won that war and made them release some states to india it would of looked good they were also at war with france and their allies

Spain ALWAYS goes for Arabia in my games too. :confused:

But yeah, the game is still wildly unbalanced, with armies way too big, empires way too big, and economies way too big. An attractive template, but I imagine you'll need some serious modding to get a truly smooth and plausible game. I mostly kick around with domestic politics. Expansion is just way too easy and crazy, especially the way the AI does it. Better to just live in my own little world and set goals not involving any other country, except if it's useful to rounding out my borders.

Helloooo? I don't have an empire to post, but I'm sure someone out there does!

Ditto, great thread. I've got my own mega-Germany, although much of its area is composed of various sphere nations (still, I can boast that its influence stretches from the Kiel Canal to the mouth of the Indus). I've been playing it fairly safe up until now (in terms of infamy gain) but after seeing France barely shrug off a series of revolts and the UK miserably white peace-ing out of its war with Johore after mobilising (okay, more indicative of durrhurr AI than poor military strength, but still), I've decided since it's now decidedly late-game, I can take my chances on a potential BB war. Most of my Infamy comes from Free People CBs that my allies were too dumb to demand, anyway... I wish those came a little cheaper.

...how do you export the plain map view?

No, but they were great to have in my SoI, and a useful ally against the Slavics to the north. I decided early on to SoI them rather than eat them, and I made the right choice. At a stage when the economy was still shaky and there wasn't many great nations to sphere, they gave a real boost to my economy.

V2_MAP_GER_1913621_1.png

The German Empire, now in gaudy hot pink/magenta! I painted my sphere nations with magenta dots over their capitals, but this hasn't come out very well thanks to photobucket's auto-resize. So...

influence.png

The Glorious Empire of (Austria-)Germany, its Colonies, Dependencies, & Tributary Nations
(not shown: Greenland (Denmark), Luang Prabang (indep.), St. Thomas (Germany))

...on the conclusion of the war against Spain (Bourgois Dictatorship!) and Turkey, in which Peoples were Freed (Greece gained W. Macedonia, having taken Thessalia and E. Macedonia in previous wars; Albania became independent of OE; Kermanshah returned to Persia (prev. occupied by Turkey) and Germany gets a new gold mine (Taza)).
China has recently civilised, knocking Spain off the GP table, and Japan saw the Meiji Restoration shortly afterwards.
May I also draw your attention to: Argentina, or what remains of it. Fell to a Communist revolution in the latter part of the last century... its neighbours (chiefly Chile and Peru, but also Bolivia and Brazil) didn't like this, and so have been carving up its territories between them. Then there was another (Fascist) revolution, but this proved no more popular, and it is predicted that the nation of Argentina will be wiped from the face of all world maps on the expiration of its current truce agreements.

GPs:
1. UK (as mentioned, wp out of its last two wars: annexation of Johore and containment of France. I strongly suspect it has yet to modernise its fleets from mano'wars and frigates)
2. USA (ACW didn't last long... at all)
3. German Empire
4. France (slapped down by US after it got greedy with wargoals during the fight for A-L)
5. Russia ([02] DAYS since last Communist rebellion...)
6. China (first action on becoming westernised: war of annexation vs. Kutch(?!); result: white peace)
7. Netherlands (greedily fending off all attempts to sphere Belgium, Portugal and Brazil)
8. Mexico (peaceful nation with respectable clique of central American nations; slowly giving ground to US expansion)

Bow before The Great Thread Necromancer! Rise, my Empire thread, and conquer the first page!

v22h.jpg

South East Asian Region unite under Spanish trained Filipino Mestizos.

WAY RESPECT!!! Nice to see something different for once. Love how you've edited the graphics and the map with the invasions. Nice!

By the way are you Pinoy (Filipino)? Hope to see more, you should make an AAR. Post all of your screen shots on there so I can view them. :)

My rather poor (well I thought so) first 1.2 attempt at blobbing France, progress up to 1910 when the game broke

Nice job smacking the UK down!