+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 156 FirstFirst ... 14 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 64 89 114 139 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your vanilla Victoria II Empire

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Great Britain.
    I see Iceland is independent, how were they by the end of the game? Any better off?
    Irishman in Yorkshire.

Just an experiment playing as someone a bit different. I became a great power really quick after I westernized. Im planning on gobbling up all of SE Asia now.

US Secretary of Awesome Yuri_Kenobi's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Dewirix View Post
    Empire of Japan - 1936
    Very nice! What's the blueness inside Russia? France!? :S

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by RorySheen View Post
    I see Iceland is independent, how were they by the end of the game? Any better off?
    They ended the game in 43rd with 26 prestige, no industry and 43 military score. Their population was only 44.14k, so not much room for improvement there. They still beat Greece and Serbia though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri_Kenobi View Post
    Very nice! What's the blueness inside Russia? France!? :S
    Yes, one of the stranger outcomes of the game. The odd thing is that Russia have been a paper tiger throughout, with a very high industrial score (6089) and a comparatively low military score (791) which was much lower for a long period of the game. I toyed with attacking them in Siberia for a while, but wasn't feeling that mean.
    Last edited by Dewirix; 25-10-2010 at 00:41. Reason: Added answer to Yuri_Kenobi
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

I was playing as prussia, and I made germany, and took over most of africa, and alot of the pacific/SE asian islands like micronesia and such. I intervened in the american civil war to keep america weak for game purposes, so the CSA is in my sphere of influence. I also helped the USCA in a couple wars with mexico. I also created all 3 possible canals. there must have been a glitch or something at some point, because Ireland and the United kingdom switched. I have no idea why minnesota is part of the confederacy.http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/a...R_188481_1.jpg

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Great Britain.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpschilder1 View Post
    there must have been a glitch or something at some point, because Ireland and the United kingdom switchedhttp://s999.photobucket.com/albums/a...R_188481_1.jpg
    Crown from the gutter event, i had it as Scotland and switched with the UK once.
    Irishman in Yorkshire.

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k club

Kingdom of Netherlands (and Africa) in 1899, trying to figure what next right now, industry is not doing that great, but maybe the electronics and cars will finally start it up...

‘If you do not submit at once, I will invade your country. And if I invade, I will pillage and burn everything you hold dear. If I march into Laconia, I will level your great city to the ground.’
    'If'

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Forgiven View Post
    Kingdom of Netherlands (and Africa) in 1899, trying to figure what next right now, industry is not doing that great, but maybe the electronics and cars will finally start it up...

Your colors are really nice! Which mod do you use?

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan07 View Post
    Your colors are really nice! Which mod do you use?
    Clicky
    ‘If you do not submit at once, I will invade your country. And if I invade, I will pillage and burn everything you hold dear. If I march into Laconia, I will level your great city to the ground.’
    'If'

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

My empire as Austria:

I also own the north of Borneo island, and Bavaria, Württemberg, Baden, Saxony, Saxe-Cobug-Gotha, Saxe-Weimar, Saxe-Meiningen, Oldenburg, Greece and Italy are in my SoI.
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

So, after my last game as Greece -> Byzantine Empire, I was a bit tired of Über-UK using the hordes of Indian workers and soldiers to beat the score of anyone anywhere. How to combat that incredible advantage? Well, as the saying goes, if you can't beat them, join them! No, I didn't decide to play as the UK, I decided to take Panjab for a spin, with the goal of forming India and beating the UK to the #1 spot.

Forming India (also known as "NO_TEXT_FOR_KEY CULTURE_GROUP UNION")in 1917:

The world in 1935. India is the world's most prominent communist nation, heading the comintern even though the revolution came to victory in Austria before Panjab. In sphere are communist Spain, Austria, Cuba, Vietnam, Siam, Cambodia and Burma along with some filthy capitalist countries in western South America as well as Japan. China was in the sphere of India but managed to westernize (as did Japan, and then force-released Vietnam, Burma and Siam) and then, in what's known as the Sino-Indian split, world communism split in two. Still allied though. China was in the sphere of the UK for most of the game and around 1900 when the British were pretty much beaten in the Indian subcontinent, China was actually a bigger problem militarily.

Fierce industrialization and several campaigns to free the shackled proletarians of Indochina (and lowering the british industrial score) finally bore fruit in 1935 when India passed the UK in overall power.

Last edited by Raph; 25-10-2010 at 18:28.
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

That's an excellent achievement against a monster UK. How were the early parts of the game?
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

That's an excellent achievement against a monster UK. How were the early parts of the game?
    Well, in my first try, the UK came after me within the first year and then it was goodbye, but on my second try it worked out better, being more quiet than I had expected early on. I started by annexing Afghanistan (which took my a number of trials to get right, by the way). Took it easy for a couple of years, hoping for a free cb somewhere, researched Freedom of Trade, enlarged the army with new manpower from Afghanistan. The UK put me in their sphere which was good since that made sure that they didn't attack me. Humiliated some of my punier neighbours to get prestige high enough for westernization. Civilized in 1849 and joined the ranks of the Great Powers by late 1850. This was kind of bad, since I wasn't protected from the UK. Increased my relation with them to +200 to lower the risk of an attack (since having high relations hurts you when declaring war, as well as removes the risk of them getting the Border incident event (need -40 relations). China, however attacked pretty much immediately, but I managed to fend them off in the hills of Kashmir, settling for a white peace even though I had a -25 warscore in my favour.

When I was below 13 infamy, I grabbed three Persian states. Focused first on getting research speed up, with clergymen NFs, research efficiency and literacy techs. After instantly researching the 1860 research tech after saving up RP, I focused on military techs in order to be able to fight the UK. They had a lot more soldiers, so I had to make sure to have at least as good tech, and use leaders and terrain wisely if they wore to be defeated. China declared war again, and this time I took Xinjiang and Gansu (both were pretty cheap in war score, around 5 IIRC, so I managed to get them by getting +25 score from battles). With the new millions of Chinese (and Uighur) POPs, my soldier numbers increased substantially. Kept researching and waiting for infamy to lower, then took Sindh in 1882.

By now, my military was ranked #4 and roughly on par with the other GPs. I decided to take the plunge, declared conquest war on Kalat, Makran, Kutch and Persia and quickly annexed the first three. Of course, the UK declared a containment war. Held them off more or less in the Panjabi heartlands but had a rougher time in the south until Persia was annexed and I could send reinforcements from there. Now, my tactic was to use my best defensive leaders (had two +5 ones) and draw in large British stacks, then encircling and destroying them. Got +25 battle score, but didn't dare go far into India, to keep entrenchment and terrain bonuses and avoid attrition. The brits had roughly 6 times more brigades than me, but I destroyed around 200 of them and then settled for British Lahore (one province, some 4 warscore) after several years of war. Took one more Chinese state and kept researching military techs until all of them were researched meaning that I actually had better tech than the UK.

Repeated the same strategy in the next war, won in 1892, and managed to get Dehli region. This was where I really took off, it had IIRC 7m inhabitants, tons of factories, increased my literacy rate from less than 20 to almost 50% and contained lots of soldiers. Then annexed Tibet, Nepal and Sikkim in 1896, and kept raising brigades. After this, it was just a matter of taking a few states in each war and forcing the brits to release some of their sattelites and annex them in separate wars while at truce with the UK.

Whoa, that turned into sort of a mini-AAR
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Andrelvis View Post
    My empire as Austria:

I also own the north of Borneo island, and Bavaria, Württemberg, Baden, Saxony, Saxe-Cobug-Gotha, Saxe-Weimar, Saxe-Meiningen, Oldenburg, Greece and Italy are in my SoI.
    An Austrian "Empire" that did not reconquer Schlesien? You, my good sir, fill my heart with shame. è_____é

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Not sure if this is the quickest, but it has to be close. Germany formed May 6, 1841.

I did get the Crown from the Gutter event. Jylland was grabbed during the war with Denmark, because Hamburg took it during the war (nice of Hamburg to eat the infamy for me )

Quote Originally Posted by naggy View Post
    Not sure if this is the quickest, but it has to be close. Germany formed May 6, 1841.

I did get the Crown from the Gutter event. Jylland was grabbed during the war with Denmark, because Hamburg took it during the war (nice of Hamburg to eat the infamy for me )

How long to get to a full Germany from there?

Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Love the pink France

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Hmm I see a lot of very interesting and fun game results here!! Civilizing India and surviving the UK must have been a real blast Although interestingly it may have been harder for you if the UK's Indian provinces had NOT been super-industrialized and super-literate. Overpowered British colonies FTW!

Asia, Europe and Africa
    That picture of Africa makes my heart swell with happiness... African colonization in 1.1 was so un-fun, either France got it all or no one did. 1.2 seems to have done wonders!! Or were you running a special mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan07 View Post
    Hmm I see a lot of very interesting and fun game results here!! Civilizing India and surviving the UK must have been a real blast Although interestingly it may have been harder for you if the UK's Indian provinces had NOT been super-industrialized and super-literate. Overpowered British colonies FTW!
    Sure was a blast! But, as you say, the UK really beefed up those regions for me, so after I started getting the bigger ones, it got pretty easy thanks to that.

That picture of Africa makes my heart swell with happiness... African colonization in 1.1 was so un-fun, either France got it all or no one did. 1.2 seems to have done wonders!! Or were you running a special mod?
    Can't speak for Dewirix, but I've seen a nice, diverse colonization of Africa in my 1.2 games without mods.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Empire of Japan - 1936

Could have scored more here, but thought I'd share this for a number of reasons.

Firstly, this might be the highest GB end-of-game score we've seen so far! I ended up SoI-ing China to put a stop to their expansion, which also put a stop to mine, but it was getting difficult to keep Britain from 'Friendly' status and at one point I had to concede defeat to them when they intervened in one of my Chinese wars.

Of note here is that I've hit maximum research points! Having four NFs on clerks for 40 years paid off in the end, as did running 100% education spending for far too long.

Also, I'm basically running an entire empire off the profits of my gold mines, and of that Caozhou in China accounts for around 80%.

I'd like to add that I've been Liberal and Laissez-Faire for the past three decades and it's been pretty good economically. My factories tanked initially when subsidies were withdrawn, but since then the strong have survived with the result that my overall economy's much healthier. Being Liberal has also let me pass all the political reforms except for changes to the voting system (I did get as far as Weighted Wealth and would have got Wealth in 1936).

The Americas

I managed to snag the Panama canal and have pretty much all of South America SoI-ed (except for fiercely-contested Brazil). Apart from the normal oddities of Russian North America, the Manhattan Commune and British-controlled New England that's a fairly successful US (more successful than me in fact as GP #2).

In South America, Argentina went on a conquering spree that only finished when I SoI-ed its neighbours. I'd already SoI-ed Argentina itself, so I think it was just having fun under a bigger boy's protection.

Asia, Europe and Africa

Aside from mega-UK it's been an interesting game. The North German Federation formed late (~1920s) and promptly got itself into another war with France which lost it the just-conquered Rhineland. That wouldn't have been so bad, but Austria opportunisitically declared war too and nabbed two states.

Spain made the mistake of declaring war on Japanese SoI-ed Oman, which ended with me taking Abu Dhabi from them. They then turned round and declared war on Japanese SoI-ed Siam, which ended with me taking Brunei. Net result: three oil producing provinces to Japan and Spain too chastened to try anything else.

Japan's incursion into China came as a result of having war declared on me as soon as I had annexed Korea (in the 1860s). This played out rather like the 20th-century version of the Korean War, with Chinese troops streaming over the Yalu and my forces falling back to the south, abandoning Seoul and the north. Fortunately, I was able to use my naval dominance to enforce a blockade and occupy Hainan and Formosa and win enough battles to get China to cede the latter to me in the peace.

China declared war on me another couple of times, each time losing states until they decided enough was enough. I then tried to take a province off them when they were fighting Britain, only for the Red Devil to annex two states and then declare a status quo war against me.

I might have been able to win if I'd have mobilised, but I didn't have the patience. Instead I conceded them the win, waited five years, jockeyed for position in the SoI game, banned them, dropped them to cordial and took the states I wanted in the first place. Very satisfying.

After that (it was already about 1910) I concentrated on internal affairs. The lost war against GB had allowed me to introduce landed voting and with it Prussian Constitutionalism and I assiduously cultivated a Liberal electorate and began to reform, which neatly did away with the revolts I'd been suffering.

All in all it's been a blast, though perhaps next time I'll drum up the courage to take on Britain.
    Sounds like a really interesting game you had, nice stuff
    Enemy Of Communism? Join the Anti-Communism
    Group http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...hp?groupid=317

"Things I would like to see...
    2. Support the peace loving Finns (for example) and make them rebel against Russia, a more hands on make poo for your neighbours." -Swertinge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 156 FirstFirst ... 14 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 64 89 114 139 ... LastLast