+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 151 FirstFirst ... 21 46 71 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 121 146 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 3018

Thread: EU3toVic2 / Vic2toHoi3 Converter Project

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Salik View Post
    That would be a good solution, or maybe provinces in other continents, which are not connected by land to your capital, could be colonies? I can't think of any overseas provinces in V2 that are not colonies. I don't know if this is complicated, and there would probably be problems with countries like OE, but it would also be more in line with the situation OTL.
    We don't know continent data. We do know two other things that are probably more applicable anyway: we know whether a province was colonized, and we know whether it was a pagan conquest.

I'm thinking about adding a config option for colony status.

I commented out all lines with "last_diplomat_sent", and it solved the problem. Probably stems from IN
    Yes, it looks like IN uses a different date format for some fields. I've added support for it to our date parser, so those problems won't exist after the next build.

what's left to be done for the converter mod?

BTW, i've been diff'ing my outputs, based on the AHD and vanilla folder, and there are some weird differences that might be causing the crash.
    first theres the umlau in the AHD save where it isnt in vanilla:
    "name="1st Lübeck Cavalry"" vs name="1st Lubeck Cavalry"

2nd its generating more states and pops for some reason (despite same province count?)
    there seems to be 9 more, so all the ID's are adjusted by +9
    eg:
    aristocrats=
    {
    id=50936

vs

aristocrats=
    {
    id=50927

and a weird difference in the pop index:
    start_pop_index=72503 vs start_pop_index=72477

just some pointers, haven't looked too deeply
    Last edited by Khorney; 06-02-2012 at 21:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorney View Post
    what's left to be done for the converter mod?
    I can't for the life of me think of anything else the converter mod might need... Since victoria 2 mechanics are abstracted and generalised (the only exception, perhaps, being American Civil War events) that V2 doesn't need any extra work in form of, say, political leaders, unit types, technology, events etc... Maybe Zonix has some ideas, but he is already working on the HoI3 converter mod which will require extensive work.

In other words, the V2 mod is essentially sufficiently complete.

@Dtremenak: I posted in the other thread similar information, but in [Your Directory]/map/continents.txt you will find what appears to be a list of provinces sorted by continent. Perhaps this will be useful for many things?
    Last edited by DasGuntLord01; 07-02-2012 at 02:24.
    EU3 to Vic2 Converter Project!
    Forum | Sourceforge

V2 to HoI3 Converter Project (Work in progress)
    Forum | Sourceforge

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Continent information is actually not all that useful, which is one reason we don't know it. It's not unknowable (as you've pointed out, it's pretty clear from the data files), just hasn't been worth knowing yet.

Consider Africa, for instance. North Africa should normally be treated very differently from subsaharan Africa. "Was colonised" or "was pagan conquest" status is more useful for just about everything we need to do.

RE: converter mod,I meant to get it working with AHD? doesn't it still crash when loading the flags?

RE: converter mod,I meant to get it working with AHD? doesn't it still crash when loading the flags?
    Ah yes, of course...

I have no idea how to fix that, that'd be Zonix's department.
    Forum | Sourceforge

Forum | Sourceforge

Keeper of the Converters Idhrendur's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

BTW, i've been diff'ing my outputs, based on the AHD and vanilla folder, and there are some weird differences that might be causing the crash.
    first theres the umlau in the AHD save where it isnt in vanilla:
    "name="1st Lübeck Cavalry"" vs name="1st Lubeck Cavalry"

2nd its generating more states and pops for some reason (despite same province count?)
    there seems to be 9 more, so all the ID's are adjusted by +9
    eg:
    aristocrats=
    {
    id=50936

vs

aristocrats=
    {
    id=50927

and a weird difference in the pop index:
    start_pop_index=72503 vs start_pop_index=72477

just some pointers, haven't looked too deeply
    If units are done the same as province names, we're picking up the names from V2. And as long as the name is in quotes, it should be fine.

There are the same number of provinces, but the states have been adjusted, including a few added in South America. The extra capitals in the extra states are going to generate extra upper class pops. And more pops should increment that index, or else numbers will collide and bad things happen.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters
    Return of the Romans: A Byzantine Megacampaign (Part I) Complete Failure (Complete): Forum
    The Empire Strikes Back: A Byzantine Megacampaign: Part 1 | Part 2
    Friedrich Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party Member in the Conclave in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign by Avindian

--got rid of big post--
    Isn't there something to work from here? i thought you tested it?

what would i need to do to test this on a larger scale and make sure it was working?

EDIT: just checked out what you were looking at and i agree rendur, its just the output after the game has finish processing the flags

so have we heard any more from the devs about the country limit?
    Last edited by Khorney; 07-02-2012 at 19:43.

Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Okay, sanity check time.

I know I can't convert directly to my AHD install, but if I convert to my vanilla install, I can load the save.
    I know others can load saves from vanilla conversions.
    I know DasGuntLord01 also couldn't convert to an AHD install. If I then understand right, a reinstall resolved it, and he can convert against AHD with no (major) problems.

So, who else has problems converting directly to AHD? Is it just me now? Is it some of us? Is it everyone?
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters
    Return of the Romans: A Byzantine Megacampaign (Part I) Complete Failure (Complete): Forum
    Friedrich Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party Member in the Conclave in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign by Avindian

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Does anyone have a province list for DAO to V2? I don't want to do it myself if someone else already did it.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
    -George Orwell

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Idhrendur View Post
    Okay, sanity check time.

I know I can't convert directly to my AHD install, but if I convert to my vanilla install, I can load the save.
    I know others can load saves from vanilla conversions.
    I know DasGuntLord01 also couldn't convert to an AHD install. If I then understand right, a reinstall resolved it, and he can convert against AHD with no (major) problems.

So, who else has problems converting directly to AHD? Is it just me now? Is it some of us? Is it everyone?
    I just tried it now; Vicky 2 CTD'd, but then again, I don't have the right checksum. I will try a reinstall and let you know.

EDIT: Reinstalled, confirmed right checksum, still CTD's when I try to load a converted save. I used the converter, not the mod, if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by Avindian; 07-02-2012 at 22:21.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have finished, check out the winners!! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Quote Originally Posted by DasGuntLord01 View Post
    I can't for the life of me think of anything else the converter mod might need... Since victoria 2 mechanics are abstracted and generalised (the only exception, perhaps, being American Civil War events) that V2 doesn't need any extra work in form of, say, political leaders, unit types, technology, events etc... Maybe Zonix has some ideas, but he is already working on the HoI3 converter mod which will require extensive work.

In other words, the V2 mod is essentially sufficiently complete.
    Are you not going to put in population conversion? V2 can kill a populous (DW) nation just because it wasn't OTL, and that's...quite major, I would say.

Oh, yeah, I made a mistake. I was converting against 1.4, not AHD. So it looks as though converting against AHD does cause a crash.

But why?!

The converter reads certain information from the game files. Those would be the immediately obvious culpripts... but since there's is essentially zero obvious change between vanilla and AHD one has a hard time imagining that that is true.

What exact information is extracted from the game files by the converter?

EDIT: Okay, the only other thing I can think of is states, which is something else that is hard to check manually.
    Last edited by DasGuntLord01; 08-02-2012 at 03:38.
    Forum | Sourceforge

Forum | Sourceforge

What exact information is extracted from the game files by the converter?
    From \map\region.txt: state mapping data
    From \common\technology.txt: tech school bonus parameters
    From \history\countries\*.txt: starting country data (used for countries which are NOT converted...unions, dead countries, releasable countries, etc)
    From \technologies\<tech>_tech.txt: required techs for factories
    From \inventions\<tech>_inventions.txt: required inventions for factories
    From \common\production_types.txt: factory types, coastal/local-input requirements
    From \map\definition.csv and \localisation\*.csv: province names
    From \history\provinces\*: RGOs and liferating data
    From \history\pops\1836.1.1\*: total population levels
    From \map\positions.txt: naval base position data (see note below)
    From \common\countries.txt: valid tags
    From \common\countries\*.txt: party data

Note: someone please check your logs from an AHD conversion for lines beginning "Warning: assigning navy to non-whitelisted port province." Navy assignments to bad provinces do cause crashes; we may need to blacklist a few more provinces if another invalid position has been added to \map\positions.txt.

Quote Originally Posted by dtremenak View Post
    Note: someone please check your logs from an AHD conversion for lines beginning "Warning: assigning navy to non-whitelisted port province." Navy assignments to bad provinces do cause crashes; we may need to blacklist a few more provinces if another invalid position has been added to \map\positions.txt.
    I do not seem to get any such error. This would be expected, since the provinces themselves have not changed.
    Forum | Sourceforge

Forum | Sourceforge

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I do not seem to get any such error. This would be expected, since the provinces themselves have not changed.
    I also did not receive this error.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have finished, check out the winners!! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

From \map\region.txt: state mapping data
    From \common\technology.txt: tech school bonus parameters
    From \history\countries\*.txt: starting country data (used for countries which are NOT converted...unions, dead countries, releasable countries, etc)
    From \technologies\<tech>_tech.txt: required techs for factories
    From \inventions\<tech>_inventions.txt: required inventions for factories
    From \common\production_types.txt: factory types, coastal/local-input requirements
    From \map\definition.csv and \localisation\*.csv: province names
    From \history\provinces\*: RGOs and liferating data
    From \history\pops\1836.1.1\*: total population levels
    From \map\positions.txt: naval base position data (see note below)
    From \common\countries.txt: valid tags
    From \common\countries\*.txt: party data
    Oh god... none of that looks especially toxic to me... It's more likely be something hard coded, something based on vanilla V2 that was written for the converter that AHD doesn't like... I think...
    Forum | Sourceforge

Forum | Sourceforge

Oh god... none of that looks especially toxic to me... It's more likely be something hard coded, something based on vanilla V2 that was written for the converter that AHD doesn't like... I think...
    Just out of curiosity, can you try eliminating a few of these from the suspect list?

Changing starting_factories.txt to just read

starting_factories =
    {
    }

will rule out factories.

Appending the entire contents of port_whitelist to port_blacklist (and clearing port_whitelist) will rule out navy placement. I know there were no province changes, but they've slipped port changes into even minor patches in the past (1.4 has some, for instance).

Those are two of the most fragile bits of Victoria 2, and both are relatively easy to get the converter to ignore.

I won't really have any time to do direct investigation until Friday, but I have another avenue to suggest others try. Download old versions of the converter from Sourceforge and convert to AHD. Hopefully the really old ones will work (with extremely limited features), and we can use that to figure out which features are at fault.

But someone should do dtremenak's tests first, as those are very easy.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

Just out of curiosity, can you try eliminating a few of these from the suspect list?

Changing starting_factories.txt to just read

starting_factories =
    {
    }

will rule out factories.

Appending the entire contents of port_whitelist to port_blacklist (and clearing port_whitelist) will rule out navy placement. I know there were no province changes, but they've slipped port changes into even minor patches in the past (1.4 has some, for instance).

Those are two of the most fragile bits of Victoria 2, and both are relatively easy to get the converter to ignore.
    Neither of those things fixed it for me.
    Forum | Sourceforge

Forum | Sourceforge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 151 FirstFirst ... 21 46 71 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 121 146 ... LastLast