+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 151 FirstFirst ... 14 39 64 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 114 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 3016

Thread: EU3toVic2 / Vic2toHoi3 Converter Project

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Indeed it does! It still crashed at first, but once I went and completely deleted the victoria 2 folder, replaced it with my backup copy, re‐installed the mod, and converted my save another time, it now runs perfectly. The mythical siren nation of MRI whose economy ran on plundering bypassing merchant ships after luring them into crashes has been forgotten by history, Louisiana is in place, and after the saving and reloading thing, those countries deserving of Great Power status were rightfully given such. Thank you very much! The feeling of catapulting the nation you spent four centuries on nourishing and growing into the age of industrialism is utterly delightful.

 Correction (sorry for the doublepost): Now it no longer does. However, I suspect the reason to be the Old Victoria DLC.
    I downloaded the Old Victoria DLC after I had converted my EUIII save for the first time (i.e. without the EUIII country mod yet), and thus after I had made a backup copy of my victoria 2 folder. As mentioned in the post above above, when I installed v0.4 of the mod, it would not work initially. But when I tried it on my backup copy—which still had the default interface—, it did!

 I then noticed the absence of the DLC. While it's really not that pretty, I nonetheless tried to re‐install it. I first copied over some of the gfx folders from the already patched game (where the mod hadn't worked). It was still playable at this point, and the new graphics, textures, etc. were present now, but broken—they were all over the place, sometimes overlapping, often in the wrong position.
     I'll skip the part where I went back and forth copying, re‐downloading, reapplying, and whatnot. But in the end, I copied the interface folder from a DLC‐patched victoria 2 folder—on which the mod did not work—into the victoria 2 folder that used to be my backup at the beginning—where the mod did work. Upon trying, however, it no longer did, and the game once again crashed while loading the save.

 If that sounds as confusing as it does to me, tl;dr: The mod stopped working when a victoria 2\interface folder with the Old Victoria DLC applied was introduced to it.
     Thus, if you wish to use this mod, avoid buying the Old Victoria DLC.

 …now I just need to find a way to get the vanilla files (interface folder and most of the gfx folder) back, or to tell Steam that I don't want this DLC any more the next time I re‐install the game. EDIT: Oh, that's officially impossible. Grand.
    Last edited by P.P.A.; 12-01-2012 at 23:10.

Quote Originally Posted by P.P.A. View Post

 …now I just need to find a way to get the vanilla files (interface folder and most of the gfx folder) back, or to tell Steam that I don't want this DLC any more the next time I re‐install the game. EDIT: Oh, that's officially impossible. Grand.
    Huh, I wonder why the Old Vicki interface mod breaks it? The new countries have new flags and colours... I don't have Old Vic, so I can't test it... (and now I won't buy it)

In any case, thanks for the update: The Mod may not work if you have Old Vic DLC.
    EU3 to Vic2 Converter Project!
    Forum | Sourceforge

V2 to HoI3 Converter Project (Work in progress)
    Forum | Sourceforge

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Tarabulus (Tripoli, to be specific...), Italy (in Libya, again...)
    Quote Originally Posted by DasGuntLord01 View Post
    You get there in victoria 2, I guess.
    Anyways, I'll join.
    For the want of a nail the horseshoe was lost, For the want of a shoe the horse was lost, For the want of a horse the rider was lost, For the want of a rider the battle was lost, For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost, and all for the want of a horse shoe nail.
    Inkwell
    Senator Sebastian Lender of Georgia, a Democrat in We, the People.
    Assisting with the V2 to HOI3 converter

Quote Originally Posted by P.P.A. View Post
    ...I suspect the reason to be the Old Victoria DLC...
    have you tried:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...pability-Patch?

Old Vic Doesn't play nice with newer patches.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I tried DLing 0.4 converter mod, but it crashed me browser.

I have been trying to play with the 0.2 mod, but for the longest time there were too many crashes and corrupted save files. What I did to fix it though, was to edit out all of the other language names in 0_Names.csv. I found that there were some characters not recognized by the game, causing it to crash when the map needed to display one of the adj on the map, my guess was one of the Hordes, Golden or Oriate. After this change, no more crashes, no more corrupt save files for me. Got to play to 1905 finally.
    Alec Xender
    ~Spishyak of the Third Millenium
    ~Seeker of the Golden Platypus

Quote Originally Posted by Xender View Post
    I tried DLing 0.4 converter mod, but it crashed me browser.

I have been trying to play with the 0.2 mod, but for the longest time there were too many crashes and corrupted save files. What I did to fix it though, was to edit out all of the other language names in 0_Names.csv. I found that there were some characters not recognized by the game, causing it to crash when the map needed to display one of the adj on the map, my guess was one of the Hordes, Golden or Oriate. After this change, no more crashes, no more corrupt save files for me. Got to play to 1905 finally.
    Oh cool, I'll need to fix that for a later version. Thanks for the catch!
    Forum | Sourceforge

Forum | Sourceforge

Quote Originally Posted by DasGuntLord01 View Post
    Oh cool, I'll need to fix that for a later version. Thanks for the catch!
    Its probably because I use Japanese locale on this computer and copy pasted it over so its my fault.

Also sorry for not posting for a while I've:

Moved House
    Had my Gallbladder removed
    Played Skyrim a bit too much

Quote Originally Posted by Zonix01 View Post
    Its probably because I use Japanese locale on this computer and copy pasted it over so its my fault.

Also sorry for not posting for a while I've:

Moved House
    Had my Gallbladder removed
    Played Skyrim a bit too much
    J'accuse!

Also, welcome back!
    Forum | Sourceforge

Forum | Sourceforge

Apparently there's an Old Vic remover utility.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...mover-reupload
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12588082

Hope that works out for you.
    Forum | Sourceforge

Forum | Sourceforge

Keeper of the Converters Idhrendur's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Today's programming consisted of a massive overhaul of the pop conversion for DW. Now your buildings strongly influence everything. Next release will be exciting.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters
    Return of the Romans: A Byzantine Megacampaign (Part I) Complete Failure (Complete): Forum
    The Empire Strikes Back: A Byzantine Megacampaign: Part 1 | Part 2
    Friedrich Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party Member in the Conclave in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign by Avindian

Ahh, thank you. This indeed works.

Second Lieutenant TacticalRetreat's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

It does indeed, thanks for this fix!

Now I can continue my conquests from EUIII as Germany.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Idhrendur View Post
    Today's programming consisted of a massive overhaul of the pop conversion for DW. Now your buildings strongly influence everything. Next release will be exciting.
    This makes me moist.

After Looking back at what I done and what DasGuntLord01 has done and looking back at the countries

What might need to be done: (Editing as I find things)
    1. Durrani > Afghanistan (same as Mamluks > Egypt)
    2. Hansa > Lubeck (Same as above)
    3. Sharjah > Abu Dhabi (Same as above)
    4. Malacca > Johore (Same as above)
    5. Change GBR > GBR back to GBR > ENG (For Grand Campaign and me being a idiot)
    6. Change ENG > ENG to ENG > ENL ( For same reasons)
    7. Sort out Magc8Balls' flags Done!
    8. Need to finish colours & add names for added cultures
    Last edited by Zonix01; 16-01-2012 at 04:13.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Zonix01 View Post
    1. Durrani > Afghanistan (same as Mamluks > Egypt)
    PDM has a Durrani Empire, you might want to use that for the mod part.

Regarding military units, is there any way to add the miscmods units to the unit_strength file without causing the Earth to go hurtling into the sun? I removed all of the units from the EU3 save and that lets it convert fine, but wrecks the world market because everybody builds units right away. Plus I assume this affects how soldier pops are created at game start.

Edit: I also coded for the miscmods cultures and religions, but ran into no problems with it. The only difference between my stuff and Crushric's (who reported the problem a few pages back) that I can tell is that I arbitrarily lumped judaism into the orthodox religion instead of assigning it to the V2 judaism religion.

You can calculate out the unit weights yourself, if you want (it's basically the sum of the offensive and defensive fire, shock, and morale values for each unit). Once you have all the units in the file, it should convert fine. The numbers are not critical, as long as they're in the ballpark. The log should complain about any unit types the converter doesn't recognize.

I do plan to remove unit_strength.txt completely at some point; now that we know where EU3 is located, I think we can build the data in it on the fly, which would adapt to any mods you had installed automatically. I'll probably find time to do it in the next few weeks, so if you're in not in a rush, that might be easier than pulling out the calculator.

I've pushed the first (very rough alpha) release of Vic2ToHoI3 to the SF files page (it's in the Vic2ToHoI3 folder, logically enough). Warning: wall of text approaching. Please read thoroughly before attempting conversion!

What converts:
    1. Provinces. At least, those that have mappings. Currently this means Canada, New Zealand, the British Isles, the Lowlands, Germany, Scandinavia, and the Baltic coast. We need many thousands of additional provinces to be mapped. Province improvements (forts/bases/rail) come over too.
    2. Countries. Some of them, anyhow. I wrote a set of simple 1-to-1 mappings, plus a few blocked nations and a set of recommended nation merges. The mappings ignore most minors and many others. At some point someone should take some time to improve these. Pruning doesn't work right yet, so you might find active nations get pruned instead of dead ones. An HoI3 converter mod might also be appropriate (though getting governments set up correctly for new nations in HoI3 is a bit tricky).
    3. Capitals (if they are within mapped province areas).
    4. Armies and navies. Air wings are split off into air forces and given bases wherever their parent army happens to be stationed, which works surprisingly well. Navies don't necessarily convert reliably (they're occasionally put into landlocked provinces, which HoI doesn't seem to mind nearly as much as Vicky did, as long as there's a naval base there)...this was a difficult problem to solve for EU3ToVic2 and will probably be difficult for Vic2ToHoI3 also, so I haven't put much thought into it. Air wings being transported on navies will probably cause HoI to crash (presumably some transports could be converted to carriers to avoid this), so make sure your input file doesn't have any of those.
    5. Technology. Various late-game V2 techs and inventions map directly to similar pre-1936 HoI techs. Note that this does heavily emphasize Army, Navy, and Industry tech groups (which seems OK for a wargame, which V2 isn't but HoI certainly is).
    6. International relations, diplomacy, and factions. At some point we'll need an automatic faction-assigment system (HoI depends pretty heavily on ideologies making sense, for faction drift and so on); for now they can (and must) be specified manually in the configuration file. There's also some work to do for influence and spheres, which are pretty much ignored right now (minimally, sphered nations should be guaranteed by the sphere leader and vice versa).

What doesn't convert:
    1. Industry. Factories are stored at a state level in V2 and I haven't gotten all the data manipulation worked out to push it into provinces. Ideas for how industry should be distributed within the state are welcome too (bear in mind that each state has several V2 provinces, and most V2 provinces map to between four and ten HoI provinces).
    2. Unit upgrades (artillery sights, infantry guns, tactics, that sort of thing). No real barriers here; I'll assume armies should have all the upgrades the nation has tech for, or maybe a percentage based on military spending.
    3. Generals and admirals. Should be doable. Haven't looked at it deeply, but I don't expect it to be any harder than EU3ToVic2, just a bit more complex since there are traits on both ends instead of just one.
    4. Finances, stockpiles, convoys, and supply routes. No idea. Suggestions welcome. Without these being set up right, armies are pretty much paralyzed at game start.
    5. Government and politics. Complicated and hard. Need to map to ideologically compatible, reform-matched governments...then need Heads of State, ministers, etc to be chosen appropriately, ideally from the correct ruling parties. Laws should be influenced by reform status and government type (and maybe National Value?).
    6. Probably something else important. If you think of something, speak up.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Now I'll have to go and buy HOI3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 151 FirstFirst ... 14 39 64 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 114 139 ... LastLast