+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 151 FirstFirst ... 11 36 61 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 111 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 3016

Thread: EU3toVic2 / Vic2toHoi3 Converter Project

Since we havn't herd from zonix in a while, I'm going to take it upon myself to release an updated version of the converter mod. The biggest addition will be Magc8Ball's flags, which are amazing.

EDIT: And here it is, converter mod v0.3 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTJ8U66N

Changes: added Magc8Balls flag pack as standard, and Mamluks is now correctly mapped to Egypt (seemed like a waste of a tag, otherwise. :P)

In my Mamluks -> Egypt game, I have noticed that it is possible to end up owning territory that nobody (not even you) has a core on (through, say, late colonisation). What should be done in this situation? Should it be assumed that the current controller is the owner, and be given a core there? Should we, instead, interrogate the history entries of the province to make sure that it's the colonising power that gains cores there (just in case they were colonised, then immediately taken over, or have been changing hands for centuries)? Should they be left as they are, a kind of imperial limbo?
    Last edited by DasGuntLord01; 28-12-2011 at 17:16.
    EU3 to Vic2 Converter Project!
    Forum | Sourceforge

V2 to HoI3 Converter Project (Work in progress)
    Forum | Sourceforge

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Would you like my converted game at 1936? I'm in 1929.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushric View Post
    Oh, speaking of which! Is there any way I could hotfix that issue myself? What file/line of code needs to be modded to make unions civilized? Could you tell me as I don't want to trouble you by having to actually upload a hotfix.
    Not easily. It's about 200 lines of changes scattered through three files, and it depends directly on the config file changes, which are another couple hundred lines.

I think idhrendur was thinking about pushing another release soon anyway. I can do one later this week if he doesn't (and assuming he doesn't object).

Quote Originally Posted by DasGuntLord01 View Post
    In my Mamluks -> Egypt game, I have noticed that it is possible to end up owning territory that nobody (not even you) has a core on (through, say, late colonisation). What should be done in this situation? Should it be assumed that the current controller is the owner, and be given a core there? Should we, instead, interrogate the history entries of the province to make sure that it's the colonising power that gains cores there (just in case they were colonised, then immediately taken over, or have been changing hands for centuries)? Should they be left as they are, a kind of imperial limbo?
    If you colonize the province after conversion to V2 instead of before, it will also be coreless. I don't see the reason for drawing an arbitrary distinction betwen pre-conversion and post-conversion colonies, so I'd say leave them the way they are. Let the player core them later with N&I.

Keeper of the Converters Idhrendur's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I've done some updates to the literacy calculations. I still don't like the results much, but I just have to assume the AI does not push the Serfdom/Freesubjects and Innovative/Narrowminded to the appropriate ends.

And I've no objections to doing a release. It's just about time. Now, are we pulling in the different mappings based on the EU3 version yet? Or is it still two sets of files that go with the binary?
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters
    Return of the Romans: A Byzantine Megacampaign (Part I) Complete Failure (Complete): Forum
    The Empire Strikes Back: A Byzantine Megacampaign: Part 1 | Part 2
    Friedrich Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party Member in the Conclave in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign by Avindian

Quote Originally Posted by dtremenak View Post
    If you colonize the province after conversion to V2 instead of before, it will also be coreless. I don't see the reason for drawing an arbitrary distinction betwen pre-conversion and post-conversion colonies, so I'd say leave them the way they are. Let the player core them later with N&I.
    Oh, I didn't realise that you didn't get cores after colonisation in V2. Silly me. :P
    Forum | Sourceforge

Forum | Sourceforge

Quote Originally Posted by Idhrendur View Post
    And I've no objections to doing a release. It's just about time. Now, are we pulling in the different mappings based on the EU3 version yet? Or is it still two sets of files that go with the binary?
    Everything's set up for automatic detection. One package with both province mapping files included should work fine. I did not yet change the build scripts to do this, though (nor to include configuration.txt). Two packages will still work also, if desired; the undifferentiated province_mappings.txt is always used if it exists.

On literacy, I should note that not all human players use the "appropriate" end of innovative/narrowminded, at least; I have played several Catholic countries pegged all the way at narrowminded for missionary and papal influence bonuses (and I'd be fine with taking some literacy penalty for that). Can't say I've ever preferred serfdom to free subjects, though I suppose others may have.

Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

I've updated the build scripts, the test scripts, the project files, the solution files, etc. I also moved the save files into one directory, not realizing what that would entail: when you update on your local machine, update 296 is tens of megabytes in size. Sorry about that.

As for the sliders, hmmm. Maybe I'll up the bonuses from decisions and ideas. The grand campaign has a top tier of several 80% literacy nations, a middle tier of about 45% literacy, and a bottom tier of about 10% literacy, with a few nations in between each tier. And then the uncivilized nations, all below 10% (except for Yemen, Japan, and Hawaii). I think multiple ways to get high literacy and a cap at 80% ought to do it.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters
    Return of the Romans: A Byzantine Megacampaign (Part I) Complete Failure (Complete): Forum
    Friedrich Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party Member in the Conclave in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign by Avindian

I've gone and put all that country data to use.

First, I reordered the columns, so here's the updated file:

Code:
    "Country","Literacy","Civilized","Post-Napoleonic Thought","Flintlock Rifles","Bronze Muzzle-Loaded Artillery","Military Staff System","The Command Principle","Army Professionalism","Post-Nelsonian Thought","Clipper Design","Naval Design Bureaus","Alphabetic Flag Signaling","The Command Principle","Battleship Column Doctrine","Steamers","Naval Professionalism","Private Banks","No Standard","Early Classical Theory and Critique","Freedom of Trade","Guild-Based Production","Stock Exchange","Ad-Hoc Money Bill Printing","Private Bank Money Bill Printing","Market Structure","Late Classical Theory","Classicism & Early Romanticism","Enlightenment Philosophy","Malthusian Thought","The Rights of Man","Introspectionism","Romanticism","Water-wheel Power","Publishing Industry","Mechanized Mining","Experimental Railroad","Basic Chemistry","Practical Steam Engine","Mechanical Production","Clean Coal"
    "Dai Nam",2.7,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,,," ","x",,,,,,,
    "Denmark",70.3,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x ","x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Ecuador",10,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,,,,"x","x"," ",,,,,
    "Egypt",6.5,"no","x","x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,"x",," ",,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Ethiopia",4.1,"no",,"x",,,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,," ",,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "France",67.9,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x"," x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x",
    "Frankfurt am Main",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x","x"," x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Greece",22,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,,"x","x"," ",,,,,
    "Gwailor",2,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,"x",,," ",,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Haiti",8,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,,"x","x",,," ",,,
    "Hamburg",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x ","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Hanover",79.8,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x ","x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Hawaii",80,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,"x",,," ",,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Hedjaz",4.5,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,"x",," ",,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Hesse-Darnstadt",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x ","x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Hesse-Kassel",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x"," x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Holstein",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x"," x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Hyderabad",2.8,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,," ",,,,"x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Indore",2.2,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,"x",," ",,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Ionian Islands",21.9,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,,"x ","x",,,,,,
    "Jaipur",3.5,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,"x",," ",,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Jaisalmer",2.6,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,," ",,,,"x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Japan",40,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,,," ","x",,,,,,,
    "Jodhpur",2.6,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,"x"," ",,,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Johore",2,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,"x",,,," ",,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Kalat",5.1,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,"x",,," ",,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Khiva",4.9,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,"x",,," ",,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Kokkand",7.6,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,"x"," ",,,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Korea",6,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,,," ","x",,,,,,,
    "Krakow",53.9,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,,"x"," x",,,,,,
    "Kutch",2.7,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,"x",,," ",,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Liberia",3.6,"no","x","x","x",,,,,,,,," ",,,,"x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Lippe-Detmold",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x ","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Luang Prabang",4.7,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,," ",,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Lucca",45,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x","x ","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Luxembourg",45,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Lubeck",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x"," x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Madagascar",4.8,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,," ",,,,"x",,,,,,,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Makran",2,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,,,,,"x","x",,,," ","x",,,,,,,
    "Mecklenburg",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x ","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Mewar",2.1,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,,," ",,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Mexico",11,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,,,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,,"x","x",," ",,,,
    "Modena",45,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x"," x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Moldavia",10,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,,"x"," x",,,,,,
    "Montenegro",10,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,," x","x",,,,,,
    "Morocco",5.1,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,," ",,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Mysore",2,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,,,,,"x","x",,,," ","x",,,,,,,
    "Nagpur",4.9,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,," ",,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Nassau",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x"," x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Nejd",1,"no",,"x","x",,," ",,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,,,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Nepal",2.6,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,,," ",,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Netherland",58.9,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,," x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Oldenburg",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x ","x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Oman",9.4,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,,,,,"x","x",,,," ","x",,,,,,,
    "Oranje",10.6,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x"," x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Orissa",4.3,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,," ",,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Panjab",3.6,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,," ",,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Papal State",35,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x","x ","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Paraguay",10,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,,"x"," x",,,,,,
    "Parma",45,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x","x ","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Persia",5.5,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,," ",,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Peru",10,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,,"x","x",,," ",,,
    "Portugal",13,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x"," x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Prussia",60.8,"yes","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x ","x","x","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x"
    "Sardinia-Piedmont",34.7,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Saxe-Coburg-Gotha",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x","x ","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Saxe-Meiningnen",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Saxe-Weimar",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x"," x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Saxony",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x"," x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Serbia",10,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,,"x","x"," ",,,,,
    "Siam",5.8,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,,,,,"x","x",,,," ","x",,,,,,,
    "Sikkim",1,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,,,,,"x","x",,,," ","x",,,,,,,
    "Sindh",2,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,,,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,," ",
    "Sokoto",2.1,"no",,"x",,,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,,," ",,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Spain",13,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x","x ","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Sweden",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x"," x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Switzerland",70,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x ","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Texas",36.8,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x ","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "The Ottoman Empire",7.8,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,,"x","x ",,,,,,
    "The Russian Empire",10,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x",,"x",,,,,,"x","x","x","x ","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "The USA",42.1,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x ","x",,"x","x","x","x","x","x",,
    "The United Kingdom",43.3,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x ","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x","x","x",
    "Tibet",2,"no",,"x",,,," ",,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,,,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Transvaal",10,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x ","x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Travancore",2,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,," ",,,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Tripoli",4.6,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,," ",,,,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Tunis",3.7,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,,," ",,"x","x",,,,,"x",,,,,,,
    "Tuscany",45,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x","x ","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Two Sicilies",45,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x","x"," x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "USCA",9.2,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,,"x","x",," ",,,,
    "Uruguay",10,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,,"x","x ",,,,,,
    "Venezuela",10.7,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x"," ",,"x","x",,,,,,
    "Wallachia",10,"yes","x","x","x",,"x",,"x",,,,"x",,,,"x","x",,,"x",,,,,,"x","x",,"x",,,"x ","x",,,,,,
    "Wurttemburg",80,"yes","x","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,"x","x","x","x","x",,,,,,"x ","x","x","x","x",,"x","x","x",,"x",,,
    "Yemen",21,"no",,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,,,,,"x","x",,,," ","x",,,,,,,
    "Zulu",1.5,"no",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"x",,,,,,,,,"x","x",,,,,,,,,,,," "

Second, here are the conclusions I drew regarding techs:
    Code:
    Flintlock Rifles (everyone but Zulu)
    Bronze Muzzle-Loaded Artillery (almost everyone has it)
    Post-Napoleonic Thought
    The Command Principle
    Military Staff System
    Army Professionalism (one country only)

Nothing (half of nations)!
    Post-Nelsonian Thought
    The Command Principle (very nearly the same as above)
    Clipper Design
    Naval Design Bureaus
    Alphabetic Flag Signalling
    (the last three are all together)
    Battleship Column Doctrine
    Steamers (the exact same as above)
    Naval Professionalism (one country only)

No Standard (everyone has it)
    Guild-based Production
    Private Banks
    Early Classical Theory and Critique
    Freedom of Trade (very nearly the same as above)
    Stock Exchange
    Ad-Hoc Money Bill Printing (the exact same as above)
    Private Bank Money Bill Printing
    Market Structure (the exact same as above)
    Late Classical Theory (one country only)

Classicism & Early Romanticism (everyone has it)
    Enlightenment Philosophy (the exact same as above)
    The Rights of Man
    Malthusian Thought
    Introspectionism (the exact same as above)
    Romanticism

Water Wheel Power (everyone but Zulu)
    Publishing Industry
    Mechanized Mining
    Basic Chemistry (the exact same as above)
    Practical Steam Engine
    Experimental railroad (only one different between them)
    Mechanical Production (trades one country for another from the one above)
    Clean Coal (one country only)
    Finally, I went and updated how techs are generated. I reordered techs according to the order in my notes. I also tried to make it that my parenthetical notes above become true. And for the techs where only one country has them, I made sure the do get all the inventions with it. In general, expect lower levels of technology.

Edit: Updated the information above in regards to Classicism, Enlightenment Philosophy, and Japan.
    Last edited by Idhrendur; 30-12-2011 at 01:41.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Japan has Classicism; that was a typo in the spreadsheet. Sorry about that
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

attached to this message (somehow, if it worked... the uploader confuses me) are two files: one is the output from the converter. the other is my current save.

India was the player nation in EU3 and in Victoria 2.

the problem, however, is Austria. take a look at their prestige in the save game.

that's from maybe three years of the 'form south German confederation' decision firing. repeatedly. possibly every day, certainly every month.

now i haven't looked at why that is, being the clueless me that i am, but i would imagine that's not supposed to happen. (india came by it's industry score legitimately. prior to the decision firing like a machine gun, Austria's prestige was about in line with all the other Great Powers, and Austria itself was, if memory serves, in the lower half of the list.)

now, while India and Austria have basically no interaction in that game, this is kinda spoiling it for me <_< might want to figure out what's causing that and if it's fixable.

output.rar
    lcg1.rar
    when fools lead and those who would be wise are forced to follow, folly is the only possible result.

before occupying the moral high ground, first ensure the enemy does not posses orbital weapons.

No worries. I updated the data above, and the converter itself in light of that information.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

Quote Originally Posted by Chargone View Post
    [...]
    that's from maybe three years of the 'form south German confederation' decision firing. repeatedly. possibly every day, certainly every month.

now i haven't looked at why that is, being the clueless me that i am, but i would imagine that's not supposed to happen. [...]

now, while India and Austria have basically no interaction in that game, this is kinda spoiling it for me <_< might want to figure out what's causing that and if it's fixable.
    This appears to be a bug with the event itself. If Austria already has core on all south-german culture provinces, nothing is released, so the event can fire continuously. It'd be an interesting experiment to see if one could accomplish the same thing in a standard GC V2 game...I bet it could be done, if a player was sufficiently persistent.

If you're comfortable restarting the game, my suggestion would be to tweak country_mapping.txt in the converter a little, so that HAB is converted to SGF instead of AUS...that would prevent this problem. It's a minor change; find the line that says "link = { eu3 = HAB vic = AUS }" and change it to "link = { eu3 = HAB vic = SGF }".

Otherwise, you can edit the savegame with one of the following:
    1. Remove AUS core from any Austrian-owned South German province. Austria should release it as SGF pretty much immediately, and the event would never fire again.
    2. Change the dominant culture in any non-Austrian GP province to South German, and give SGF (but not AUS) core. In this case, Austria would never be able to form the SGF.

Note that both of those options effectively permanently prevent Germany from forming (since Austria holds many North German provinces, NGF will never form). Converting EU3 HAB to SGF instead of AUS would allow the SGF to potentially form Germany, which in my mind would make the game more interesting.

I love the technology changes! Good work Id!

Can't wait for a new release with correct landless nations and literacy.

Now I forget: did we ever sort out rebel factions, and a way of constructing them?

EDIT: Interestingly, EU3 already has rebel factions listed in it's save files. Investigating.
    Forum | Sourceforge

Forum | Sourceforge

A look at rebels, and how to convert them

To begin with, in both EU3 and V2 there is a seperate tag for rebels, a rebel nation entry REB={}.

In EU3 and V2 the entry contains all of the armies, leaders, and their vital information for ALL of the worlds rebel factions. Therefore, for starters, the REB "nation" ought to be converted (essentially in the exact same way that real nations are) including its armies and the territories that it currently has control of.

Next there are the rebel_factions entries. These entries exist in both EU3 and V2, and are used to distiguish each rebellion from the others, give them their unique causes and allegiances, and so on. If we wish to convert for rebellions, then these rebel_factions entries are the next step.

Here's what one looks like in EU3.

Code:
    rebel_faction=
    {
    	id=
    	{
    		id=73541
    		type=40
    	}
    	type="anti_tax_rebels"
    	name="Neapolitan Peasants"
    	heretic="Socinian"
    	country="NAP"
    	independence="---"
    	culture="sicilian"
    	religion="catholic"
    	government="republican_dictatorship"
    	province=1178
    	leader=
    	{
    		id=19324
    		type=38
    	}
    	army=
    	{
    		id=73542
    		type=40
    	}
    	provinces=
    	{
    		1178 1176 	}
    }

You can see that this gives us almost all of the information that we need to know about the rebel faction. We automatically have the rebel cause (In this case, taxes), the country they hail from, their culture and religion, the government type they would impose if they were successful, and the provinces in which the rebellion started and has spread too. There are also entries that point to which leaders and armies in the REB nation are members of this specific faction.

Let's contrast that with a V2 rebel faction entry.

Code:
    rebel_faction=
    {
    	id=
    	{
    		id=8745
    		type=38
    	}
    	type="communist_rebels"
    	name="Aragonese Communists"
    	country="ARA"
    	independence="---"
    	culture="catalan"
    	religion="catholic"
    	government="proletarian_dictatorship"
    	province=2219
    	leader=
    	{
    		id=17113
    		type=37
    	}
    	organization=1.00000
    	army=
    	{
    		id=12449
    		type=38
    	}
    	pop=
    	{
    		id=727530
    		type=46
    	}
    	pop=
    	{
    		id=53068
    		type=46
    	}
    	provinces=
    	{
    		2219 	}
    	unit_names=
    	{
    		data=
    		{

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    			}

{
    				count=1
    			}
     		}
    	}
    	next_unit=2
    }

Once again, type, country, culture, religion, and home province are all represented. The two greatest differences are in tracking pops rather than provinces, and the "unit_names" entry, which is a lot of whitespace that I cannot decipher. There is also an entry for "organisation".

So it seems that we can directly convert much of this information, though the rebel type may need a mapping, and religion, culture, and government maps will need to be accounted for.

The indirect conversion will be in which pops are actually members of the rebel faction. What we need now is a firm criteria for deciding which pops in those provinces are joined with the rebellion. Should it be all pops in those provinces that conform to all criteria? (Class, culture, and religion)?

NB: This would also be a good way of giving our (or, at least these) pops conciousness and militancy (admittedly in a kinda backwards way), but what should these values be?

EDIT:

Each of the EU3 rebel types listed in common/rebel_types.txt has a spawn chance calculation. We DO have access to most of this information in our save game. Here's an example:

Code:
    ###################################
    # "Anti Tax" rebels. The oppressed.
    ###################################
    anti_tax_rebels = {
            #[...]
    	spawn_chance = {
    		factor = 2
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.5
    			is_overseas = yes
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 2.0
    			owner = {
    				wartax = yes
    			}
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 2.0
    			war_exhaustion = 4
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 10.0
    			has_country_flag = peasant_war
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 1.2
    			owner = {
    				NOT = { serfdom_freesubjects = -1 }
    			}
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 1.2
    			owner = {
    				NOT = { serfdom_freesubjects = -3 }
    			}
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
    			owner = {
    				serfdom_freesubjects = 1
    			}
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.7
    			owner = {
    				serfdom_freesubjects = 3
    			}
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.5
    			owner = {
    				NOT = { primary_culture = THIS } # We want other types instead
    			}
    		}
    	}

Could these be added up and used to inform the conciousness and militancy of our relevent pops?
    Last edited by DasGuntLord01; 30-12-2011 at 08:08.
    Forum | Sourceforge

Forum | Sourceforge

Well, wait no more! Version 2.5 is now up! Note that there is now only one version to get (it'll do both HttT and DW), and that the batch file is no more. Instead there is a config file where you will need to specify your V2 install location, and also your EU3 install location.

These are the changes in this update:
    Code:
    Revision	Version Updated		Log Message
    ---------	---------------		-----------------------
    272		C++			Fix Yap Islands/Micronesia Sea mappings.
    273		N/A			Clean up some stray files
    274		ProvinceMapper		Introduce Province Mapper tool
    275		ProvinceMapper		Handle new mappings files a bit better
    276		ProvinceMapper		Make release builds work
    277		C++			Add remaining sea and ocean mappings.
    278		C++			Parse country data with the parser instead of ad-hoc. Add a missing linebreak to output.
    279		C++			Literacy
    280		C++			Initialize variable in log.cpp
    281		C++			No longer log country mappings twice.
    282		C++			Major update to DW province mappings.
    283		C++			Code to handle null province mappings.
    284		C++			Major update to HttT province mappings. Minor adjustments to DW mappings.
    285		C++			Fixed an old bug with dead landless nations (some were just mostly dead, not all dead).
    286		C++			Now remove enough older landless nations.
    287		C++			Read certain settings (V2 directory, game type, etc) from configuration.txt
    288		C++			Refactor reading of localized province names.
    289		C++			Administrative republics convert to democracies, not monarchies.
    290		C++			Write all countries to the file, even if they don't exist yet. Fixes releasing cultural unions, etc.
    291		C++			A little output cleanup.
    292		N/A			readme updated and expanded
    					ADAGE mod goverment mappings added for posterity
    293		N/A			Readme updated
    294		N/A			Build and test changes for configuration file.
    295		C++			Updates to literacy calculations.
    296		C++			Update build config for only one output version.
    297		C++			Removed some normally hidden compiler warnings.
    298		C++			Updated tech conversion
    299		C++			All cultures from EU3 cultural unions now accepted.
    300		C++			Further tech updates.
    301		C++			Tweaked pop conversion of bureaucrats, aristocrats, and capitalists.
    302		C++			Tweaked pop conversion of officers, soldiers, artisans, clerks, and craftsmen.
    303		N/A			Updated Readme file.
    I got in some severe tweaks to the pop amounts as well. It's just a first order adjustment, I plan to hit that much harder rather soon.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

[AN UPDATE!]
    Sweet!

EDIT: Landless nations get their cores! Technologies very reasonable! Excellent release.

EDIT EDIT: I have a suggestion: we ought to have democratic nations have their first election straight away in 1836. (In my egypt game I don't get an election until 1839). You do thsi by adding the line

Code:
    last_election="1832.1.1"
    ... just after the technology entries for the nation.
    Last edited by DasGuntLord01; 30-12-2011 at 09:37.
    Forum | Sourceforge

Forum | Sourceforge

299 C++ All cultures from EU3 cultural unions now accepted.
    Oh, thanks! I meant to do that, and forgot. And I see we're asking for the EU3 install path now, which means I should probably rewrite the army conversion code to build unit weights on the fly, instead of using a precomputed file full...one less thing to break conversion for EU3 mods.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I tested it; literacy works great, techs mostly make sense (I admit, I did kind of ignore naval techs), but the country mappings are now... completely and utterly bizarre, and I was the guy who had Lippe-Detmold where Spain should be.

Here is the input save and the resulting output. I was playing as Russian Empire (technically Republic ).
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2

Hi guys, me again.
    So I think i have a few bugs to report this time around (It could be user error)
    It appears that the converter can only handle so many culture conversion before I start getting noculture everywhere. I specifically coded the culture converter to map the cultures found at the end of EU3 Miscmods and I get mixed results. Most cultures converte, but a random few will not. Often lithuania or estonian are the most likely to get shafted for some reason. My msot recent conversino saw all Chinese cultures + the Peruvian culture get shafted with noculture. the Chinese are default but Peruvian is coded to go to South Andean
    Code:
    link = { vic = yankee eu3 = american eu3 = cascadian }
    link = { vic = dixie eu3 = floridian }
    link = { vic = texan eu3 = texian }
    link = { vic = mexican eu3 = mexican }
    link = { vic = french_canadian eu3 = acadian eu3 = metis }
    link = { vic = caribeno eu3 = haitian eu3 = islander eu3 = cuban }
    link = { vic = central_american eu3 = mestizo }
    link = { vic = south_andean eu3 = peruvian eu3 = chilean }
    link = { vic = quecha eu3 = incan }
    link = { vic = north_andean eu3 = andean }
    link = { vic = brazilian eu3 = brazilian }
    link = { vic = platinean eu3 = argentine }
    link = { vic = icelandic eu3 = icelandic eu3 = vinlander }
    link = { vic = boer eu3 = boer }
    link = { vic = sami eu3 = sami }
    link = { vic = breton eu3 = breton }
    link = { vic = occitan eu3 = occitain eu3 = aquitaine }
    The latter two cultures I've properly coded for (Though I can't get theri names to begin with capital letters). As you see all culture roughly convert into appropriate Vicky2 cultures and most often they come out correctly. However I seem to still get random nocultures poping up here and there.

Also, the converter crashes at the very end if I set the year to start at the beginninng of 1821. Not the biggest bug, but it does destroy the conversion entirely if I also that beyond default.

One last thing - The converter doesn't seem to like to convert religions very much. I checked the log and I don't think any province properly converted as far a religion is concerned (At least the first 1600). I did code in a few religions froms EU3 Miscmods that don't exist by default into their relative equals in vic.
    Code:
    link = { vic = protestant eu3 = protestant eu3 = reformed eu3 = anglican eu3 = hussite }
    link = { vic = jewish eu3 = jewish }
    link = { vic = sikh eu3 = sikhism }
    link = { vic = animist eu3 = animism eu3 = shamanism eu3 = druidism eu3 = teotl eu3 = great_spirit}
    Please inform me if this is all user error due to my irresponsible modding in the above coding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 151 FirstFirst ... 11 36 61 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 111 136 ... LastLast