+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 77 102 ... LastLast

Thread: EU3toVic2 / Vic2toHoi3 Converter Project

Quote Originally Posted by ThePutty View Post
    I think the first focus should be Vic2 to HoI3, EU3 can come later.

I mean, most people don't even get to 1820 on their EU3 games anyway
    Knowing that Vic2 is waiting at the end of the rainbow would definitely provide some incentives.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Well for me a Victoria 2 -> HOI3:SF converter is more interesting but that is just a matter of taste and I guess I would play more EUIII Httt games to 1820 if a conversion existed at the end

In a way it is both easier and harder to make a conversion to HOIII:SF than a EU3 Httt -> Victoria 2 converter, going from a map with less number of provinces to one with a greater number of provinces should be easier as most Victoria 2 provinces would match up with one or more HOI3 provinces. Having more provinces naturally increase the amount of work that has to be done.

When going to HOI3 Capitalist numbers and factories could determine IC, total population determines total manpower, clergy+officers determine leadership etc. Also we don't have to modify the natural resources from vanilla HOI3 SF as they won't change when a province changes ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_V View Post
    I'm making an independent effort in this regard. For the province id matching/conversion process I intend to write a program to automate it. There is a wealth of data in the eu3 province history files (religion, city size, owner, name etc) that I suspect can be used to automatically match provinces with vic2. The only things this will definitely not work for are ocean provinces.

I will probably take a stab at this over the weekend and I can let you know if it is feasible. Failing that I am happy to contribute to a group effort to manually do the matching.

Edit: in addition if I could be so bold as to propose a simpler system of encoding the mapping to make the rest of the converter easier:

EU3ID = VIC2ID[, VIC2ID]...

which would look like in the simple case
    334 = 233

in the case of single eu3 to multiple vic2:
    334 = 233, 455

and in the opposite case:
    334 = 233
    442 = 233

I think this structure lends itself better to the reading/processing loops in a converter - but I am open to comments etc.
    I personally think

EU3 = {VIC2_1 VIC2_2,..} format is better..any standardization?

I think the people who did the eu3tovic:R convertor had a list of province made..we can update that one..if they allow..

Example for the province list

### EUROPE ###

## Great Britain ##
    235 = { 256 257 } # Kent -> Canterbury Brighton
    242 = { 225 226 } # Gwynedd -> Bangor Montgomery
    237 = { 231 236 254 235 } # Oxfordshire -> Leicester Oxford Reading Bedford
    240 = { 224 229 } # Marches -> Chester Shrewsbury
    233 = { 251 238 } # Cornwall -> Taunton Plymouth
    Last edited by Benkasim; 12-08-2010 at 11:11.

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~rolfa/vickycode.zip

Here's the eu3tovickr converter, go under the vicky folder to vicky.cc thats the main file, I'm still trying to puzzle it out.
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    Self-documenting code is self-documenting.

<-- Wrote the EU3->VR converter.

Note that it's a Unix program; absent gods only know whether it'll compile on Windows. Note further that it uses this province-link format:

Code:
    link = { eu = 267 vic = 761 vic = 763 }
    for a reason: All the text input files are in the same format as Paradox savegames so that I only had to write one parser. Code reuse ftw. Feel free to make any modifications you like to any of this; at the moment, however, I don't have time to help due to RL issues.
    MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

I imagine that it MIGHT work on windows using Visual Studios if I fiddle with it a little and import all the libraries, but thats work for after I relearn the key bits of C++ I've forgotten.
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

It would be very nice if you could add New Nations Mod or something like that into the converter. When i exported my EU3 Game to Vic:R both, Russia and France, became one nation, but in EU3 they were dividied into a lot of nations by myself to hold down those superpowers.

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    The built-in converters Paradox makes have notoriously bad results, such as consolidating nations to produce forced historical situations; that's why there are fan-made converters in the first place. In any case Vic:R has only got so many tags, being based on the old engine; Vic2 does away with this limitation, and it should at least in principle be possible to produce one V2 country per EU3 country.
    MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

Quote Originally Posted by King of Men View Post
    Self-documenting code is self-documenting.

<-- Wrote the EU3->VR converter.

Note that it's a Unix program; absent gods only know whether it'll compile on Windows. Note further that it uses this province-link format:

Code:
    link = { eu = 267 vic = 761 vic = 763 }
    for a reason: All the text input files are in the same format as Paradox savegames so that I only had to write one parser. Code reuse ftw. Feel free to make any modifications you like to any of this; at the moment, however, I don't have time to help due to RL issues.
    Looking at the file seems you are using eu3 = {vic [vic]}

I'm quite happy with that format.

Edit: hang on - you have another file with a different format - not sure why you have two...

Edit2: seems a moot point as the ids seem to have changed significantly between the two vickies.
    Last edited by Dr_V; 13-08-2010 at 03:55.

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I am the current maintainer of the EU3toRev project at http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=287608 .

I won't be able to help you with coding but if you have any questions on what I decided to convert to what I'll try to answer them.

http://www.filedropper.com/eu3torevsrc
    Last edited by Kalelovil; 13-08-2010 at 06:30.
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Meier View Post
    http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~rolfa/vickycode.zip

Here's the eu3tovickr converter, go under the vicky folder to vicky.cc thats the main file, I'm still trying to puzzle it out.
    King of Men did a very good job at this.. With some tweaking, we should be able to convert to Vic2, I think... The basic framework is already there..

Okay so I can update the first post, whose volunteered to be our programmer(s)? We should get eachothers MSN for that and for anyone interested in making the province lists.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

So, do we have ANY volunteers for either province linking by region or coding?
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I decided to withdraw my previous offer. Too busy elsewhere anyway.
    si vis pacem para bellum Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.-Otto von Bismarck
    Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus -------- Istanbul Panorama 360
    OttoMania - your link to the Ottoman Culture and Lifestyle in EU III
    ................. Neo-Ottomans thread
    Who is this Tunch Khan? I thought Djem de Sayd was the only Ottoman Pretender the Christians had their hands on? ~ aylo1
    To be honest, this thread might as well be closed now. We've seen Tunch Khan - I can't see that there's anywhere else to go from here. ~ Austen
    Turkey in HOI2 - OTTOMANIA ~ Mod and Modular Pack for Victoria 2 - VIEW THREAD
    ........ **Thread Monster** ... History, with all her volumes vast, hath but one page.

Maksim17 has signed on as our programmer, I just need people now to sign up for doing the province lists.

Work to do: Setup a wiki.
    -Get more people.
    -Make a Province link list for each region.
    -Make the converter modifed to work for Vic2 instead of Vic1.
    -Profit.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2

Wink

Hi all,
    since i downloaded Vic2 right now, i first need to play it - then I can offer my help for this project.

I am active in the HoI3-SF mod Com. And i am very interested of a Vic2 to HoI3SF Converter.

So, i am willing to help - but need some time to see what work need to be done.

Avanatus
    "I love it - if a plan works"
    Deep into micromanagement? - use ART - Army restructuring Tool by ar73 - ART on 2 Monitors by Avanatus

Quote Originally Posted by Avanatus View Post
    Hi all,
    since i downloaded Vic2 right now, i first need to play it - then I can offer my help for this project.

I am active in the HoI3-SF mod Com. And i am very interested of a Vic2 to HoI3SF Converter.

So, i am willing to help - but need some time to see what work need to be done.

Avanatus
    Great! Though we're working on a EU3->Vicky 2 converter first.

I just need to find a province ID map of Vicky 2 and we can start.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Emperor of Canada Darknesskilla's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'd like to help with North America, I'll just need someone to point me in the direction of where to find the IDs

Raise High The Black Flag - A Prussian AAR
    Winner of WritAAR of the Week (27/02/11)

For my other AARs, visit my Ink Well

I'm working on that.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Quick and dirty mod to display province ID's on the map: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...9#post11505319
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 77 102 ... LastLast