+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 151 FirstFirst ... 11 36 61 86 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 136 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 3016

Thread: EU3toVic2 / Vic2toHoi3 Converter Project

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Idhrendur View Post
    Thee the FAQ at the beginning of this thread for an explanation.
    I read it and that's why I am asking. I put the mod files in the Victoria II folder and I started the converter, as the procedure said. That's why I'm asking if it's normal, even using the mod, to have weird country distribution.

I guess I did something wrong, I'm going to try again reinstalling games and mod.

Btw, amazing work. I can't wait for the converters of CK2 and HoI3 to be out. It would be like a dream to play a game from CK2 until HoI3!!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Great!! I solved it!!

I just also forgot to put the converted files for the converter!

I should read better the readme.txt...

Anyways, thank you again for the amazing converter

PD: I decided to add some pictures of the conversion for your enjoy

converter 2.pngconverter 3.pngconverter 4.pngconverter1.png

Keeper of the Converters Idhrendur's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I had missed the bit where you mentioned that you were using the mod. Glad it got sorted out.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters
    Return of the Romans: A Byzantine Megacampaign (Part I) Complete Failure (Complete): Forum
    The Empire Strikes Back: A Byzantine Megacampaign: Part 1 | Part 2
    Friedrich Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party Member in the Conclave in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign by Avindian

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Hmm, I tried the converter and I'm pretty sure I correctly followed all the instructions, but the converter just says something like "can't open input.eu3" and then closes.

I didn't have any EU3 save games available, so I just started the game in 1820 and used that as the save game to test it out, but it seems not to work at all.

Am I doing something wrong, or can the converter just not handle save games made in that way?

problem with events

Can i just say i used the converter and it worked very well thank you so much.

I do have a problem tho, i have a very large british empire and am currently getting 2/3 events every day from different provinces making it unplayable due to the fact it pauses? is there a way to reduce the amount (i assume there is somthing that scales to prevent huge empires getting spammed like i am) if there isont is there a way to stop them pausing the game? (its not in message options)

any help would be much appreciated

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Ok, ignore my last post I managed to get it working, the only thing that was wrong was that I renamed the file "input.eu3" instead of naming in just "input", you really should make that more clear in the explanation. Note that I'm using the full converter mod (with all the extra countries and stuff).

Anyway, I've taken a look at the conversion that it produced and noted some problems, first of all there seems to be something very wrong with events firing continuously which makes the game unplayable. All of these events just say...

They have decided to

effect_title!

effect_desc

This same event keeps firing for every single country in the world, every day, so the game is unplayable.

* In the EU3 save file that I converted France had the 5th biggest navy in the world with 43 ships, yet when converted into VIC2 the country has no ships at all, while other countries seem to have the proper number of ships.

* China had the most Capitalists of any country, but this of course should be impossible, since Unciv nations can't have Capitalists (and certainly can't use them). You should change the way the converter does this so that Uncivs simply aren't given Capis, they should just be Aristocrats instead.

* Some of the new cultures have some problems, Lombard doesn't have a capital letter, neither does Bavarian. All of the added cultures are exactly the same colour as their "parent" culture, which makes it almost impossible to see the different cultures in your provinces. So for instance, France has Cosmopolitaine, Occitan, Norman, etc, but they're all the same colour, so you can't really differentiate between them. I'd recommend that these subdivided cultures have slightly different colours so that you can tell them apart.

* The Metis culture didn't seem to exist in the game, the provinces in which they live were listed as "no Culture". I also saw a few provinces with POPs that had "No Ideology".

* Revolutionary France isn't properly localised, the country is just called REV.

That's about all the issues I can see for now.

Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Thanks for pointing out all those issues. I'll be looking into them when I resume development on this converter (I've been focusing on the CK2 to EU3 converter for a bit).
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters
    Return of the Romans: A Byzantine Megacampaign (Part I) Complete Failure (Complete): Forum
    Friedrich Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party Member in the Conclave in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign by Avindian

Quote Originally Posted by enthes View Post
    Can i just say i used the converter and it worked very well thank you so much.

I do have a problem tho, i have a very large british empire and am currently getting 2/3 events every day from different provinces making it unplayable due to the fact it pauses? is there a way to reduce the amount (i assume there is somthing that scales to prevent huge empires getting spammed like i am) if there isont is there a way to stop them pausing the game? (its not in message options)

any help would be much appreciated
    To prevent certain events from pausing the game you can right click on the event itself when it fires and de-select "pause the game" or whatever the option is.

Which events are being fired to often? Is it the "minority" events, like the education and housing events? I've always thought that these fired much to often in V2 anyway, and would love to devise a way of making them less frequent.

Anyway, I've taken a look at the conversion that it produced and noted some problems, first of all there seems to be something very wrong with events firing continuously which makes the game unplayable. All of these events just say...

They have decided to

effect_title!

effect_desc

This same event keeps firing for every single country in the world, every day, so the game is unplayable.
    Sounds like one of the unification decisions that I didn't write properly.
    EU3 to Vic2 Converter Project!
    Forum | Sourceforge

V2 to HoI3 Converter Project (Work in progress)
    Forum | Sourceforge

it dosent allow me to right click on them and i have serched through the messege options menu to stop them pausing but they are not there

the events are a variety such as "gold" "Agitation Suppresed" "liberal insurection" "banquiet campaign" "fiery sermen" to name but a few i get about a week without one when i first load the game but then it starts.... 1-3 every day!

Quote Originally Posted by enthes View Post
    it dosent allow me to right click on them and i have serched through the messege options menu to stop them pausing but they are not there

the events are a variety such as "gold" "Agitation Suppresed" "liberal insurection" "banquiet campaign" "fiery sermen" to name but a few i get about a week without one when i first load the game but then it starts.... 1-3 every day!
    There is nothing that the mod does that would explain this. I therefore assume it's because you have a huge empire, and that therefore therefore this is a V2 issue, not a mod issue.
    EU3 to Vic2 Converter Project!
    Forum | Sourceforge

V2 to HoI3 Converter Project (Work in progress)
    Forum | Sourceforge

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    * In the EU3 save file that I converted France had the 5th biggest navy in the world with 43 ships, yet when converted into VIC2 the country has no ships at all, while other countries seem to have the proper number of ships.
    Every ship in the French and Spanish fleets in late-game starts claims to have been built in Paris or Madrid, respectively. The converter correctly determines that this is impossible and combines those ships with the "pool" of invalid units to be reallocated to those countries. Unfortunately, neither country has ANY valid units of the correct type, so the pool remains unallocated and is discarded. If you build one ship of each type in a real port in each of those countries, the navies will convert correctly (so a game that's actually run for a few years shouldn't typically encounter that problem).
    Megacampaign Converters:
    CK2 To EU3 (usable) -|- EU3 To Vic2 (usable) -|- EU4 To Vic2 (under construction) -|- Vic2 To HoI3 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by DasGuntLord01 View Post
    There is nothing that the mod does that would explain this. I therefore assume it's because you have a huge empire, and that therefore therefore this is a V2 issue, not a mod issue.
    I saw it yesterday with a converted game. It seems every nation gets 4-5 invalid decisions that they continually select. It may be related to the latest patch.

Edit: an converted game using the mod. I need to check if it also happens to vanilla games.
    Last edited by Idhrendur; 07-06-2012 at 21:17.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

I have a few question, but first: Thanks for the effort that you guys put into this.

1. How will the converter handle the small normally uncommon nations that might emerge in EU3?

2. How does it handle situations where a few Eu3-provinces that are divided between several nations form one bigger province in Vic2?

3. I didn't get the instruction for the converter mod. I have to put the files that are in ''Mod Files'' into the Vic2-folder and the files of ''Modded converter files'' into my converter-folder, right?
    LaLeLiLoLu

Quote Originally Posted by The Miracle View Post
    I have a few question, but first: Thanks for the effort that you guys put into this.

1. How will the converter handle the small normally uncommon nations that might emerge in EU3?
    If they come into existence, they will be converted. If they develop cores, those cores will transfer over (unless they hit one of our requirements that automatically removes them from consideration). In both cases, they'll be assigned tags the normal way.

2. How does it handle situations where a few Eu3-provinces that are divided between several nations form one bigger province in Vic2?
    The nation that controls the most of the EU3 provinces gets control, the others get cores.

3. I didn't get the instruction for the converter mod. I have to put the files that are in ''Mod Files'' into the Vic2-folder and the files of ''Modded converter files'' into my converter-folder, right?
    Yes, that's exactly right.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

I'm impressed. I've played yesterday until 4 AM. The converter is REALLY great.

I do have a problem that was mentioned here before though. Most of the countrys only have names link PRO NAP MNG etc. It is kind of annoying, is there a way to fix this?
    LaLeLiLoLu

Quote Originally Posted by dtremenak View Post
    Every ship in the French and Spanish fleets in late-game starts claims to have been built in Paris or Madrid, respectively. The converter correctly determines that this is impossible and combines those ships with the "pool" of invalid units to be reallocated to those countries. Unfortunately, neither country has ANY valid units of the correct type, so the pool remains unallocated and is discarded. If you build one ship of each type in a real port in each of those countries, the navies will convert correctly (so a game that's actually run for a few years shouldn't typically encounter that problem).
    Ok, but couldn't you change the converter slightly to deal with this, I mean really it should never be just be throwing units away and not converting them. What does it matter where a ship was built anyway, why not just convert them where they are?

Also, what does the converter currently do with small EU3 units (like 1,000 men) which can't convert directly to a 3,000 man VIC2 unit? Does it just ignore them? (i.e. if you had 1 EU3 unit on an island somewhere what happens to it?). Surely you could have some system whereby any "left over" units are placed in the capital (for land units) or in a random coastal province (for ships).

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    Ok, but couldn't you change the converter slightly to deal with this, I mean really it should never be just be throwing units away and not converting them. What does it matter where a ship was built anyway, why not just convert them where they are?
    If a ship was not built in a port, Victoria 2 crashes when trying to load the game. For ships, I could write some code that would find a valid port with the right owner and reassign them there; unlike armies, it won't over-draw the soldiers in that province or anything. But this really shouldn't happen. If you haven't played the game for at least a few years, why would you want to convert it? It doesn't take the AI long to build its first ship, at which point the pooled invalid ships will convert fine.

Also, what does the converter currently do with small EU3 units (like 1,000 men) which can't convert directly to a 3,000 man VIC2 unit? Does it just ignore them? (i.e. if you had 1 EU3 unit on an island somewhere what happens to it?). Surely you could have some system whereby any "left over" units are placed in the capital (for land units) or in a random coastal province (for ships).
    It pushes them into the unit pool, which is reallocated. For instance, let's say you have six armies. Army A has among its ranks cavalry that converts to 0.1 V2 units, Army B to 0.8 V2 units, Army C to 4.1 V2 units, Army D to 2.9 V2 units, and Army E to 1.5 V2 units (they may or many not have non-cavalry components, which are go through the same process).

In the base allocation, Armies A and B have all their cavalry poooled. Army C gets into 4 units of cavalry, with 0.1 going to the pool. Army D gets into 2 units of cavalry, with 0.9 going to the pool. Army E gets 1 unit of cavalry, with 0.5 going to the pool. Each unit assigned has its home province (and therefore soldier pop) assigned by drawing it from one of the source units. Let's take Army D as an example; its 2.9 V2-equivalent units were originally 13 units of EU3 cavalry; six built in Ile-de-France, four built in Orleans, and three built in Berry. The two units directly allocated will probably come from Ile-de-France and Orleans.

This leaves us with a pool of 2.4 units. We round the pool up, then allocate those 3 units to the armies that were closest to getting an additional unit (in this case, Armies D, B, and E each get a unit from the pool). Each unit has its home province assigned by drawing a home province from the source units of the same type in the army it was assigned to. In army D's case, again, the additional unit will probably come from either Ile-de-France or Berry.

The pooling is detailed in the log, for instance, the French navy:
    12-06-07 09:38:31: Error: big_ship in navy Escadre Bleue has EU3 home province 183 which has no corresponding V2 port provinces; dissolving to pool.
    12-06-07 09:38:31: Allocating regiments of big_ship from the remainder pool for FRA (total: 6.000000)
    12-06-07 09:38:31: Error: army/navy Escadre Bleue has no valid home provinces for big_ship due to previous errors; dissolving to pool.
    12-06-07 09:38:31: Disqualifying army/navy Escadre Bleue from receiving more big_ship from the pool.
    12-06-07 09:38:31: Error: no suitable army or navy found for FRA's pooled regiments of big_ship!

Which means that the pool allocation failed and units were destroyed.

While the French Army works fine:
    12-06-07 09:38:31: Allocating regiments of infantry from the remainder pool for FRA (total: 1.007407)

Which means that the pool allocation worked fine, and two armies each got one infantry unit from the pool (France gets a bit lucky here, gaining almost an entire V2 division during conversion).
    Megacampaign Converters:
    CK2 To EU3 (usable) -|- EU3 To Vic2 (usable) -|- EU4 To Vic2 (under construction) -|- Vic2 To HoI3 (under construction)

I can't wait to try this. I used KoM's CK to EU3 converter and am up to 1642 as Russia. Curious about a couple of things. This is from part of the config file:

state_capitalism = {
    ideas = {
    bureaucracy = 1.30
    espionage = 1.05
    vetting = 1.05

}
    sliders = {
    aristocracy_plutocracy = -0.05
    centralization_decentralization = -0.05

I want to be a State Capitalist, so does this mean the best way to make this happen would be to choose those three NI's and to be as plutocratic and decentralized as possible? I have no problem with the plutocracy, but I'm cringing about the decentralization. It also seems counterintuitive, as "state capitalism" implies heavy state control = heavily centralized. Maybe I'm misunderstanding...

EDIT: I think I get it now....multiply the slider setting by the factor above, so if I'm -2 towards centralisation I multiply that by -0.05; -2 x -0.05 = +0.10, right?

Also, what happens in the event of a tie score?

In regards to pops, I'll use craftsmen to frame my questions:

craftsmen = {
    money = 10
    literacy = {
    centralization_decentralization = -0.002
    innovative_narrowminded = -0.002
    serfdom_freesubjects = 0.002
    scientific_revolution = 0.005
    liberty_egalite_fraternity = 0.01
    smithian_economics = 0.0050
    national_conscripts = 0.01
    bill_of_rights = 0.01
    }

1.) Does this mean the more decentralized ,narrowminded and serf the lower the literacy rate for craftsmen? That makes sense, I just want to make sure I'm getting it right.
    2.) How does all this factor together? How literate would a craftsmen be if my sliders were -2 towards centralized / -3 towards innovative / +3 towards freesubjects and I had all the NI's listed?
    Last edited by Ivan Rogov; 10-06-2012 at 18:04.
    Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory - Sun Tzu

Are those from KoM's EU3 To V2 converter? It's actually an entirely separate project from this one. That said, it looks as if your understanding is correct, though I'm not sure about literacy. It looks like this gives a variation of 10% in craftsmen literacy rates , which is really really low compared to a vanilla game.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

I searched for KoM's converter and this thread came up. I guess I thought you all were in it together

OK then, here are some questions for *this* version

starting_factories =
    {
    fabric_factory = 5
    ammunition_factory = 3
    steel_factory = 3
    paper_mill = 3
    cement_factory = 3
    lumber_mill = 2
    regular_clothes_factory = 2
    explosives_factory = 2
    small_arms_factory = 2
    glass_factory = 2
    artillery_factory = 2
    clipper_shipyard = 2
    canned_food_factory = 2
    furniture_factory = 1
    liquor_distillery = 1
    luxury_furniture_factory = 1
    winery = 1
    luxury_clothes_factory = 1
    }

What does this factory file do in the conversion?

"Zonix's CONVERTER MOD for VICTORIA 2 adds all the nations that exist in EU3 which are missing in Victoria 2. This mod allows for complete 1 to 1 country mappings rather than using nations where possible.

As of version 0.2, the mod also contains missing cultures.
    As of version 0.3 the mod comes with Magc8Balls flag pack as standard

You can get it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTJ8U66N"

I'm interested in this, but Megaupload got on the Fed's naughty list and doesn't exist anymore. Is there an alternate site?

blocked = {

v2 = GER v2 = NGF v2 = SGF v2 = ITA v2 = SCA v2 = ENG v2 = FRA v2 = YUG v2 = ROM v2 = HUN v2 = POL v2 = CZH v2 = RUS v2 = HND v2 = CSA v2 = KUK v2 = BYZ v2 = ISR v2 = BAB v2 = GUA v2 = USA v2 = CNG

}

What does "blocked" mean? How do I "unblock" them?
    Last edited by Ivan Rogov; 10-06-2012 at 19:32.
    Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory - Sun Tzu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 151 FirstFirst ... 11 36 61 86 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 136 ... LastLast