+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 34 59 84 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 134 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 3003

Thread: EU3toVic2 / Vic2toHoi3 Converter Project

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Idhrendur View Post
    1. It adds more countries (which would help with your point #3), more cultures, and possibly more religions. And also doesn't seem to work with the latest version of AHD and our modders can't figure it out.

2. That's a new one for me. Can you upload your save somewhere so I can take a look?

3. Yes, you can hand edit this. All the country conversion rules are in country_mappings.txt (or similarly named, I don't have it in front of me right now). The format should be pretty straightforward. Add appropriate rules for these countries. Note that rules are executed in order, so if at the top you say that EU3 Burgandy should become V2 France, then EU3 France will have to pick up some other tag.
    Here's the EU save and the converted file. Wasn't sure which one you wanted. If it helps, I cheated in the EU3 game by adding extra colonists or magistrates a dozen or so times.

Thanks for the help with the other questions. I'm rather new to this modding malarky, but I'll have a play see if anything works.

EU&convertedsaves.rar
    Check out the The Alien Online

Quote Originally Posted by dtremenak View Post
    Victoria doesn't have as many tags as EU3 does, so we "borrow" unused ones from first the same part of the world, then other parts of the world. That's one of the things that the converter mod works around (by adding all the extra nations back to V2).

If you don't want to mod Victoria (I typically don't), and you're just concerned about particular nations, you can tweak your country_mappings.txt. For instance, if playing an Italian country named Canada doesn't tickle your fancy, you could add a line to the beginning of country_mappings.txt to turn Genoa into Savoie-Piedmont or Tuscany or something instead of Canada (probably resulting in Savoy or Tuscany or something being Canada instead...). Or you can use merge_nations.txt to merge some nearby countries to free up tags (which is pretty easy to play off as political machinations that happened between 1820 and 1836, and can up the challenge level a bit, which converted games often need).
    Okay, I'll do that.

It adds more countries (which would help with your point #3), more cultures, and possibly more religions. And also doesn't seem to work with the latest version of AHD and our modders can't figure it out.
    i thought we fixed it for the beta patch? when does it crash, at flags again?

hey i have a question, and i hope i am putting it in the right thread. but after many different play threw i manage to archive a goal. which is to take a native American country and turn them into a super power without the need to use cheat codes. and i did it. but at 1822 ...umm... ya the worlds a real mess.. is it possible to take the save game and edit it keeping my Inca nation which controls all of south America but keep everything else default.

if you use the converter mod, it uses all the EU3 countries to viccy2 with no swaps

i know that and it works truly, but what i would like to do is restore it to default,thou keep my country intact. in other words i would like to take my country and replace all of south America with it.but keep the rest.. default.. so.. well.. the world would be less screwed up

Keeper of the Converters Idhrendur's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Unfortunately, we don't support anything like that. If you were really patient, you could probably merge a converted save and a day one GC save, but it'd be a lot of effort. Sorry.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters
    Return of the Romans: A Byzantine Megacampaign (Part I) Complete Failure (Complete): Forum
    The Empire Strikes Back: A Byzantine Megacampaign: Part 1 | Part 2
    Paul Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party Member in the Conclave in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign by Avindian

Yeah the kind of thing you need is a save editor or something.

Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Recommended new OP:

This is the EU3 to V2 Converter Project. This project converts a save game from the end of EU3 into a save game at the beginning of V2, both vanilla and AHD. While there are a few features left to complete, it is completely usable.

Looking for the V2 to HOI3 Converter Project? It's now over in this thread.

Important Links
    Download
    Converter Mod
    Sourceforge Project

How to Use
    1) Download the converter and unzip it wherever.
    2) Find the desired save file in "[YOUR EU3 DIRECTORY]/save games".
    3) Copy the save game in to the directory of the converter, and rename it to "input.eu3"
    4) Open the file "configuration.txt". In the file there is a line that reads
    v2directory = "D:\Paradox Interactive\Victoria 2"
    Modify it so that it points to YOUR copy of Victoria 2.
    5) In "configuration.txt", there is a line that reads
    EU3directory = "D:\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III"
    Modify it so that it points to YOUR copy of Europa Universalis III.
    6) Run "EU3toV2Converter.exe". This will create a file in the converters directory called "output.v2".
    7) Copy "output.v2" to "[YOUR VICTORIA DIRECTORY]/save games" and run Victoria 2
    8) Load the output game and immediately save the game. Then resign, and load that game.
    9) Enjoy!
    10) (optional) Write an AAR so we can enjoy, too!

FAQ
    Q: Which versions of EU3 and V2 does this work with?
    A: This converter will convert EU3 games from as early as IN to as late as DW. It can convert to AHD (version 2.3) and vanilla V2 (1.3 and the 1.4 beta patch).

Q: Will this work with EU3 mod X or V2 mod Y?
    A: Maybe. We didn't develop the converter with mods in mind (apart from our official one), so few will likely work out of the box. However, much of the raw data is pulled from the game installations or our rule files, so it could be adapted for many mods. Any of this work will be left to the creators or the fans of those mods, though we will gladly provide guidance.

Q: Why do many of the country names turn out funny?!
    A: Unless you're using the converter mod, the EU3 and V2 nations don't line up one-to-one. We try to match up the one-to-one nations first, then convert to an available nation in the general region, and if we cannot do either, then we'll use an arbitrary leftover nation. However, if you use the converter mod, this problem is completely eliminated.

Q: Why are the Great Powers all messed up?!
    A: Saving and reloading the game, as directed, will fix this.

Q: I'm getting odd errors, and am using a Steam installation of one of the games.
    A: Sometimes various files just get messed up under Steam. Try clicking Properties, Local Files, Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Q: The converter didn't work. What's wrong?
    A: It's likely a configuration problem (though it's also possible you found a bug). Please post about it so we can help you (or fix the bug). Include a description of what did or didn't happen, the versions of EU3 and V2 you are running, the information in log.txt (copy and paste it, but wrap it in [ code ] [ /code ] tags), and if possible, a link to the save you're trying to convert. These will help us determine what happened.

Credits
    Sid Meier: Coordination
    Idhrendur: Programming
    Dtremenak: Programming
    Maksim17: Programming
    DasGuntLord01: Systems Analysis, Data Files
    Kalelovil: Systems Analysis
    Novapaddy: Data Files
    Khorney: Converter Mod
    Magc8Ball: Flagpack

Special Thanks To:
    Chaingun: Programmer
    SegFaultx64: Programmer
    Dr_V: Programmer/Contributor
    Alfred Packer: Contributor
    Enokmik: Contributor
    King Of Men: Honorary contributor

Development Plan (that is, what we plan to include in future updates)
    2.10 - Province population from EU3 data, pop wealth, pop issues (reforms), correct political party in power at start
    2.11 - CBs, wars, controlled territory, rebels (some of these may prove intractable, in which case we will not include them)

Pop Weight Formula (so we don't lose it)
    Code:
    pop_weight = ( unmodified_base_tax + trade_value / 10 + unmodified_mp /1000 + Is_Exotic ) (*2) + Num_of_Buildings /4
    Last edited by Idhrendur; 01-08-2012 at 05:33.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters
    Return of the Romans: A Byzantine Megacampaign (Part I) Complete Failure (Complete): Forum
    Paul Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party Member in the Conclave in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign by Avindian

Let me know if I missed anything on my recommended new OP. When it's in pretty good shape, I'll let Sid Meier know so he can update it.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

Quote Originally Posted by Idhrendur View Post
    Let me know if I missed anything on my recommended new OP. When it's in pretty good shape, I'll let Sid Meier know so he can update it.
    Just that you've written "This is the EU3 to V2 Converter Project. This project converts a save game from the end of EU3 into a save game at the beginning of EU3."

Just downloaded the mod and realized it'd work a lot better if I had Zonix's Convertor Mod, but it came with a MegaUpload link that for obvious reasons no longer works. Does anyone have a back up link?

Quote Originally Posted by Anjwalker View Post
    Just that you've written "This is the EU3 to V2 Converter Project. This project converts a save game from the end of EU3 into a save game at the beginning of EU3."
    So I did. Fixed.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

Is there any way for me to add all the union cultures for Germany to the HRE because I converted as them, and I want to stay as the HRE?

Quote Originally Posted by Radar38 View Post
    Is there any way for me to add all the union cultures for Germany to the HRE because I converted as them, and I want to stay as the HRE?
    Make a copy of your EU3 install. Point the converter to your new copy. Then, open up /common/cultures.txt. Under germanic, change
    union = GER
    to
    union = HRE

Then rerun the converter, and the converter should give you all those cultures.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

Never mind this post, I found out what you mean. Thank you for the help.

Updated OP.
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

@Sid: the link to the converter mod should be for Version 0.93 on Sourceforge.
    EU3 to Vic2 Converter Project!
    Forum | Sourceforge

V2 to HoI3 Converter Project (Work in progress)
    Forum | Sourceforge

The OP doesn't say if the converted save game is compatible with AHD. Is it? I didn't find this information on the first and the last page of this thread.
    Every empire will fall
    Every monument crumble
    Forgotten men who watch the centuries

It works for AHD (or at least it should, Configurations.txt has AHD as an option).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 34 59 84 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 134 ... LastLast