+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 33 58 83 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 133 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 3018

Thread: EU3toVic2 / Vic2toHoi3 Converter Project

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Hello,

Is there a way to get rid of the bugged decisions (annex_title, release_title...) ? I don't know if it's because of the conversion.

some kind of annex vassal desicision would be nice if certain conditions are met (ala british india). they are kind of useless in V2. though i don't know whether that would be possible in a non-modded game

Keeper of the Converters Idhrendur's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Le Passant View Post
    Hello,

Is there a way to get rid of the bugged decisions (annex_title, release_title...) ? I don't know if it's because of the conversion.
    They'll have to be modded out, I think. It's likely because conversion changed the assumptions behind the events.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters
    Return of the Romans: A Byzantine Megacampaign (Part I) Complete Failure (Complete): Forum
    The Empire Strikes Back: A Byzantine Megacampaign: Part 1 | Part 2
    Friedrich Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party Member in the Conclave in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign by Avindian

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Anjwalker View Post
    Here is my savegame file.
    A handful of provinces (1013, 1017, and 1018, and others) in this file have parsing problems (looks like history nodes where the leaf was removed but the child brackets are still there).

Like (in 1017's case):
    Code:
            discovered_by="chinese"

{
            }
    Once those extra pairs of brackets are removed, your game should convert fine. I've never seen output like that from any Clausewitz-engine game; if that's not the result of a hand edit I guess I'll need to change the parser to handle it.
    Megacampaign Converters:
    CK2 To EU3 (usable) -|- EU3 To Vic2 (usable) -|- EU4 To Vic2 (under construction) -|- Vic2 To HoI3 (under construction)

I have seen some weird things in EU3; the formating of many of the game files is all messed, for one, but it doesn't seem to cause trouble when playing the game.

I'll go fix that manually. Thanks.

I tried converting a new game I've been playing, worked perfectly that is, until 1843, at which point it crashes. I tried loading all the autosaves, but they all crash when loading history. I'm uploading the savefiles if anyone could help.
    save games.rar

I have seen some weird things in EU3; the formating of many of the game files is all messed, for one, but it doesn't seem to cause trouble when playing the game.

I'll go fix that manually. Thanks.
    So, I've removed as many of those empty fields as possible, but no change. I also tried playing as someone other than Genoa, just to test, and then converting but I get a totally different problem - the one I first experienced. So I have no idea.

Thanks for helping anyway guys, I'll just have to live with no converter.

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

So, I've removed as many of those empty fields as possible, but no change. I also tried playing as someone other than Genoa, just to test, and then converting but I get a totally different problem - the one I first experienced. So I have no idea.

Thanks for helping anyway guys, I'll just have to live with no converter.
    Here's the copy I fixed up, if it helps. I was able to convert it with no problems.
    Attached Files
    Megacampaign Converters:
    CK2 To EU3 (usable) -|- EU3 To Vic2 (usable) -|- EU4 To Vic2 (under construction) -|- Vic2 To HoI3 (under construction)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I followed the steps, but when I run the application I get an error saying that the file MSVCP100.dll is missing.

Any idea what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Torkel View Post
    I tried converting a new game I've been playing, worked perfectly that is, until 1843, at which point it crashes. I tried loading all the autosaves, but they all crash when loading history. I'm uploading the savefiles if anyone could help.
    Attachment 54099
    Since I wasn't that far into the game, I started from the first save I made (yay not having to split up, move armies and set national focuses again). Got into the 1850s before I had to end the session for the night no problem. So my earlier problem is only academic now.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Khorney View Post
    Thank you!

But now the problem persists somehow different. I don't get the error of missing the .dll file, but the program starts and closes alone when "parsing the save game" input.eu3...

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So... when is work gonna continue on the other features?

Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Chaos View Post
    So... when is work gonna continue on the other features?
    When I'm able to do a major release for CK2 to EU3. It's taken me longer than I expected, but it's getting close. A month, maybe? Fortunately, there's not many features left for this covnerter.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters
    Return of the Romans: A Byzantine Megacampaign (Part I) Complete Failure (Complete): Forum
    Friedrich Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party Member in the Conclave in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign by Avindian

I think that the OP is a bit indecisive on the topic of population convertion, it says that population is roughly converted, and then it says that population is using "vanilla values".

My question is: Does population convert yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Emilersej View Post
    I think that the OP is a bit indecisive on the topic of population convertion, it says that population is roughly converted, and then it says that population is using "vanilla values".

My question is: Does population convert yet?
    OP is very much out of date, I'm afraid. Population types are converted, but numbers are still vanilla values.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Hi all. First of all, great work on this converter. Very high quality!
    But I have a couple of questions about it, which I've not been able to find answers to after having a brief skip through the 100+ pages of this thread...

1. Do you need to use the mod to run this properly? As when I try to use it, it crashes the game on start up. Not sure why. I'm using an up to date version of AHD. What does the mod add that the converter doesn't? But if I use the converter alone, it works fine.

2. I can't research anything. Known issue? I start the game with a number of techs, but cannot go further than that. It insists that I must research X tech first, but when I hover over X, it says I've already researched it.

3. I still get some funky country conversions. In particular, the converter seems to have trouble with Burgundy and Sardinia (maybe others, but they're the ones I've noticed). This is after converting the same game several times. Is there a way to perhaps hand edit these ones?

Thanks for any help in advance!
    Check out the The Alien Online

Quote Originally Posted by Rictus View Post
    Hi all. First of all, great work on this converter. Very high quality!
    But I have a couple of questions about it, which I've not been able to find answers to after having a brief skip through the 100+ pages of this thread...

1. Do you need to use the mod to run this properly? As when I try to use it, it crashes the game on start up. Not sure why. I'm using an up to date version of AHD. What does the mod add that the converter doesn't? But if I use the converter alone, it works fine.

2. I can't research anything. Known issue? I start the game with a number of techs, but cannot go further than that. It insists that I must research X tech first, but when I hover over X, it says I've already researched it.

3. I still get some funky country conversions. In particular, the converter seems to have trouble with Burgundy and Sardinia (maybe others, but they're the ones I've noticed). This is after converting the same game several times. Is there a way to perhaps hand edit these ones?

Thanks for any help in advance!
    1. It adds more countries (which would help with your point #3), more cultures, and possibly more religions. And also doesn't seem to work with the latest version of AHD and our modders can't figure it out.

2. That's a new one for me. Can you upload your save somewhere so I can take a look?

3. Yes, you can hand edit this. All the country conversion rules are in country_mappings.txt (or similarly named, I don't have it in front of me right now). The format should be pretty straightforward. Add appropriate rules for these countries. Note that rules are executed in order, so if at the top you say that EU3 Burgandy should become V2 France, then EU3 France will have to pick up some other tag.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

Finally got the converter to work; it looks like the whole trouble was that my copy of it was broken. I downloaded a fresh copy of the converter, and its working. However, now I've got a totally weird world set up problem; two or three nations, including the one I'm playing, have gone strange. It's Genoa, and it has tag changed into Canada. D: In addition, all the HRE minors have turned into the Germany minors ... which isn't such a problem, except that one of them has turned into Catalonia. Otherwise, things are awesome.
    Last edited by Anjwalker; 15-05-2012 at 06:31.

Victoria doesn't have as many tags as EU3 does, so we "borrow" unused ones from first the same part of the world, then other parts of the world. That's one of the things that the converter mod works around (by adding all the extra nations back to V2).

If you don't want to mod Victoria (I typically don't), and you're just concerned about particular nations, you can tweak your country_mappings.txt. For instance, if playing an Italian country named Canada doesn't tickle your fancy, you could add a line to the beginning of country_mappings.txt to turn Genoa into Savoie-Piedmont or Tuscany or something instead of Canada (probably resulting in Savoy or Tuscany or something being Canada instead...). Or you can use merge_nations.txt to merge some nearby countries to free up tags (which is pretty easy to play off as political machinations that happened between 1820 and 1836, and can up the challenge level a bit, which converted games often need).
    Megacampaign Converters:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 33 58 83 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 133 ... LastLast