• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I might make a few posts and delete them to cause more ghost pages
evil%20laugh.gif

Well I never....fellow paradoxians we have just witnessed a holy screenshot...a complete USA!

I had a complete continential USA by 1856 or so in one of the savegames on my crashed computer. I played as Britian first, releasing Canada (this meant that they couldn't colonize Washington) and ceded Caribou. So, I sort of cheated.

The first real WW in my Victoria 2 games... In 1860...
(Yeah, I'm using personal mod...)
War 1 : France (GP 4) + Belgium + Spain + Papal State + Piedmont + Switzerland vs UK (me, GP 1) + Austria (GP 3) + USA (GP 5) + India minor + All South America + Mexico + Sweden
War 2 : France (GP 4) + Belgium + Spain + Papal State + Piedmont + Switzerland vs Russia (GP 2) + Ottoman (GP 6) + NGF (GP 7)

Only GP without war : Bavaria n°8
Top 30 not at war : Bavaria (8), CSA (10), Wurtemberg (18), Netherland (19), Tuscany (20), Portugal (22), Baden (25), Denmark (26, stupid ally doesn't want to join), Krakow (27)

So here is Europe, with diplomatic view from France :
wweurope.jpg

And here is the world map (not so much info as nearly all France alliance is in Europe...
wwmonde.jpg

Die France !!!

So there's a player UK empire?! Now I've seen everything!

That's like playing Lord of the Rings as Sauron.

Fighting against a last alliance of men by sending wave upon wave of expandable manpower from your hideout in the east to their pointless death on the battlefield?

I already reported the bug, but Paradox doesn't care obviously.

OH MY GOD!?! They don't see fixing a minor bug in a minor random event as TOP PRIORITY and immediately divert everything else to release a patch fixing it? I'm enraged!

That's like playing Lord of the Rings as Sauron.

See, a few weeks ago I got into a conversation that ended with Victoria 2 style colony names for countries from fantasy novels. I think we had Italian Mordor.

Plus who wouldn't play Lord of the Rings as Sauron? The good guys have already won, so where's the fun in doing that again? Actually, I'd probably start off by releasing Umbar as a satellite and play as them.

OH MY GOD!?! They don't see fixing a minor bug in a minor random event as TOP PRIORITY and immediately divert everything else to release a patch fixing it? I'm enraged!

Obviously their hands will fall off to fix it which would take in the worst case 5 minutes, most of that time being finding the file for that event.

And when did I ask them to release a whole patch for that? They can simply add it to 1.3.