• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
it's Concert of Europe, which means that he probably took the modded-in 1821 start. 4 Wars in 50 years isn't that unusual between Russia and China.

Mhm I guess. Playing it myself atm, and Russia is an absolute monster in every game. Everyone else goes pretty historical and they get to the Arabian sea.

Using Concert of Europe:

E6v1b37.png

Finland became a great power after NGF took a state from Bavaria.

0PhZnSn.png

And formed Scandinavia almost immediately afterwards.

vqwkmu8.png

Europe looking awful. That green thing in Albania & Crete is me. :D

What a disgusting Europe. I am offended.

How did you survive as Epirus? I want to do that game cause of the tasty Albanian Turkish Greek accepted

It took a few restarts. I didn't really do anything particular, just destroyed the stacks that I could. They eventually offered a white peace. Funnily enough I won the war but Greece didn't. I was nearly bankrupt for a while, but managed to pay off all my denbts.

RpMWSUH.jpg

That's AI Romania declaring war on Russia, on its own, and cutting it down to size. It was right after Russia lost a great war, but it's still impressive.

My eyes are burning looking at this map.

RpMWSUH.jpg

That's AI Romania declaring war on Russia, on its own, and cutting it down to size. It was right after Russia lost a great war, but it's still impressive.
My_eyes.png

Reactions:
What the ...

Who holds Berlin ?!
North German Federation. What I think happened was the NGF formed before Prussia enacted the Neuchatel decision, and then Austria added a wargoal forcing Switzerland to release Prussia in West Switzerland because of the Prussian core there.

Pleeease zoom about a bit and give us a wider view of what I bet is an insane map.

Nothing crazy but it's about 1870 and Mexico is doing quite well for itself. Also French sphered Kingdom of California. (I released Ireland from Britain in 1841 so nothing weird about that).

bhPeQsb.png

The same game, around 1890~, still no NGF, goodbye Columbia, Irish Puppet Kingdom of Timbuktu ranked about 20.

3DCW1mI.png

04345CFF9267E03631BB485D1810B640966AB747

Austrian Romagna.

63FCE73B33AF3FD6AF7690DCB729E3778971C8C3

Didn't take off however...

09C72715CE908441EFBC2604D006A7BB80D8AC4C

AI Romania

72B263BE9AA968C8BDC2CD054D6D2D27D83F25F5

Pride Before a Fall, Germany

5104C813A2D9B778AE7B98A746FABE6AE391D6F4

Immigrants loved Colombia.

8236BBFEDAF7C9E3E3898F9D7176F4ABF3BB93A8

Japan got ambitious...

95B09757E67F274C3BFC4144F066CC574A830C5B

The Sublime Ottoman Capitalist State

AI romania isnt even strange. It's an inevitability because of pan nationals, just like germany. Spent all your time as austria breaking up PDM Prussia and wanting to rule a confederation of germany's?/want to keep the east weak and divided as france? Nope nationalists took over some OPM german state and now prussia leads the empire because **** You

AI romania isnt even strange. It's an inevitability because of pan nationals, just like germany. Spent all your time as austria breaking up PDM Prussia and wanting to rule a confederation of germany's?/want to keep the east weak and divided as france? Nope nationalists took over some OPM german state and now prussia leads the empire because **** You

Want a tip? Take Silesia from Prussia (as Austria would have done). At least in CoE & DBZ, taking Silesia gives a nice decision to get cores and has the added bonus of being pretty much what the Austrians would have done. Then you get a later decision to crush Prussia and absorb most of Germany. Fun times.

Want a tip? Take Silesia from Prussia (as Austria would have done). At least in CoE & DBZ, taking Silesia gives a nice decision to get cores and has the added bonus of being pretty much what the Austrians would have done. Then you get a later decision to crush Prussia and absorb most of Germany. Fun times.
Taking Silesia will hurt them a lot though. It is one of their best states (although Prussia has some sort of magical power that almost always makes it able to recover).

Taking Silesia will hurt them a lot though. It is one of their best states (although Prussia has some sort of magical power that almost always makes it able to recover).

Well... that is the plan... And I think Prussia's magical power is the location of the industry, in my 1901 (atm) Turkey game in CoE they have ~350 industry power in Brandenburg alone, ~250 in Pommerania etc. So with those two states alone, both of which are unlikely to fall, they've 600 score. Add prestige and it's very hard to knock them out (unless you do like I did in my Austrian restoration game and just sit on 100% until industry hits something like 4).

It's actually fairly easy to succeed as Austria, especially in CoE. Modernise the army (i.e. organise the mess they have), ditch Avant Garde tech school, get Mil techs & clergymen.